PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this club is on the slide
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: No wonder this club is on the slide  (Read 10690 times)

RocketDan

Re: No wonder this club is on the slide
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 06:17:10 PM »

So just for clarification Dan

We are now suggesting that Lee Sinnot be "pushed" are we?   Well that one came a bit out of left field didn't it?  Well no, actually it didn't, after all we have failed to take full points off Hinckley so he'll have to go won't he?

Oh and incidentally I, for one have never seen Lee so incandescent about the paucity of a performance as he was last night.

You're paraphrasing a bit there Phil. I don't think Dan was getting at that. It's a fair point that living that far away must have an impact on his player recruitment in this area and Dan's point is correct that it must be wearing on him doing all that travelling.

lets put it this way:

Duncan Watmore played for Clitheroe against Curzon on Monday night. Also featuring in that game were Josh Ollenrenshaw. Now i don't know if Lee made the journey to go and watch the game, but if i was a betting man i'd say he probably didn't.

It's little things like that which make a big difference. Obviously a manager that lived locally could have attended this game and checked on the progress of Duncan and, who knows, maybe even unearthed a hidden gem or a ball winning midfielder who lives in the north west and could put in a decent shift for alty.

Jenga

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 06:49:46 PM »

So now LS has to move house, whilst at the same time you all calling for his head - crikey he really cant win here can he.

As for the comment about Duncan and Josh, you do realise Alty do have scouts dont you, the club doesnt revolve around LS you know. Taking that point further, how the hell do you know if he did or didnt attend the game.

I better stop posting again, I am getting wound up again.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:52:03 PM by Jenga »

Altrinchman

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:59 PM »

I bet rocketdan has never even spoken to Mr Sinnott. He is telling us where he should live, how he is feeling, his exit strategy.

He ain't going to move house a job that takes up his Saturday and four hours in the week. He has a local assistant manager doesn't he?

RocketDan

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 07:40:54 PM »

Quote from: Jenga
So now LS has to move house, whilst at the same time you all calling for his head - crikey he really cant win here can he.

He doesn't have to move, it just makes sense logically that a manager lives close to his club. 4 hours commuting on a saturday and again on tuesday would wear anyone down. Essentially a manager who lived locally can drop into the club whenever he wants and help keep on top of the day to day running of things and visit check on local games and scout players himself. etc.

I'd also like to point out for the second time in this thread, that, at no point during this thread have I called for his head or anyone elses. I was simply stating what i believe will happen when he leaves in the future.

As for the comment about Duncan and Josh, you do realise Alty do have scouts dont you, the club doesnt revolve around LS you know. Taking that point further, how the hell do you know if he did or didnt attend the game.

You are right, the club doesn't revolve around LS - and this ties in rather nicely with the original point - because the club should revolve around the manager. I want a manager to eat, sleep and drink Altrincham FC. Sounds a lot to ask? well it should be, because this isn't an easy job and there were a lot of candidates for the position. That said, when GH was manager the club revolved around him and it worked because he knew the club and was involved from top to bottom - it's hard to have that sort of supremacy when you are 2 hours drive away.

On the point of scouts, i've never said we don't have scout, but I do believe a manager should have a hands on approach wherever possible and if that means going to watch a local game at curzon on a monday night, then so be it, again, this is no so easy when you don't live locally. As for his attendance I am purely speculating, based on the fact he lives in Hull, he is unlikely to travel 2 hours to watch the curzon game, however that is just my gut feeling and neither of us have any evidence to suggest he was or wasn't there, so I leave have to leave the burden of proof to you with that.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 08:33:18 PM »

Reeves and Clee live in the Leeds and Huddersfield areas.........so did Senior and Young hailed from Doncaster.......maybe Mr Sinnott should forget going to watch Curzon - leave that to Neil Tolson and watch more players closer to home

Well everyone else is being ridiculous today  ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Butty

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »

He doesn't have to move, it just makes sense logically that a manager lives close to his club. 4 hours commuting on a saturday and again on tuesday would wear anyone down. Essentially a manager who lived locally can drop into the club whenever he wants and help keep on top of the day to day running of things and visit check on local games and scout players himself. etc.

I'd also like to point out for the second time in this thread, that, at no point during this thread have I called for his head or anyone elses. I was simply stating what i believe will happen when he leaves in the future.

You are right, the club doesn't revolve around LS - and this ties in rather nicely with the original point - because the club should revolve around the manager. I want a manager to eat, sleep and drink Altrincham FC. Sounds a lot to ask? well it should be, because this isn't an easy job and there were a lot of candidates for the position. That said, when GH was manager the club revolved around him and it worked because he knew the club and was involved from top to bottom - it's hard to have that sort of supremacy when you are 2 hours drive away.

On the point of scouts, i've never said we don't have scout, but I do believe a manager should have a hands on approach wherever possible and if that means going to watch a local game at curzon on a monday night, then so be it, again, this is no so easy when you don't live locally. As for his attendance I am purely speculating, based on the fact he lives in Hull, he is unlikely to travel 2 hours to watch the curzon game, however that is just my gut feeling and neither of us have any evidence to suggest he was or wasn't there, so I leave have to leave the burden of proof to you with that.

I'm ot an expert or anything, but I know a bloke who you seem to be describing, and he is out of a job. Let's not go down that routh again.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »

4 hours commuting on a saturday and again on tuesday would wear anyone down. club doesnt revolve around LS you know. Taking that point further, how the hell do you know if he did or didnt attend the game.

it's hard to have that sort of supremacy when you are 2 hours drive away.

Are we also claiming he has two houses now? Personally I think two hours is closer to the mark depending on traffic (and I used to live in Hull).....lmao just realised commute there and back...apologies to RocketDan....I'll refer myself to my own sig thank you.

Stand by the fact this thread is a joke though.

This thread is beyond belief.

May I refer some of the posters to my sig
 ¦
 ¦
 ¦
 V
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 12:22:44 AM by Uncle Globnasty »
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this club is on the slide