PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this club is on the slide
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: No wonder this club is on the slide  (Read 10702 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder this club is on the slide
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 11:57:46 PM »

How can a manager put his own stamp on things at the club when the last manager is here every game? Tell me how he can!? Doesn't that sign in the foyer say "the past doesn't equal the future" ? I've nothing against GH personally, but it's not healthy,and not good.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 12:05:42 AM »

How can a manager put his own stamp on things at the club when the last manager is here every game? Tell me how he can!? Doesn't that sign in the foyer say "the past doesn't equal the future" ? I've nothing against GH personally, but it's not healthy,and not good.

I think this is a valid point, but what's the alternative?

Wouldn't it look a little petty for a club to ban an ex-manager from the ground? A manager who brought the club reasonable success and was well liked by many during his tenure.

I'm not sure there's an easy solution to this problem and it may be best to do nothing.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 12:07:31 AM »

Sorry,

Please explain to a possibly somewhat dim supporter of in excess of 40 years vintage. Why are we, as is claimed, "on the slide" please?

I heard people tonight saying that this is the worst team and manager they have ever seen....We are just outside the sodding play off positions for pity's sake!!!

Tonight wasn't pretty and we could / should have done better I'll accept that.

However

We did NOT lose, we got a point (admittedly again, probably not what we wanted). I can say though that in the past we may well have been talking on here now about a defeat.

I know that preaching blind faith is ridiculous but i would venture to suggest, no more ridiculous than some of the claims witnessed tonight.

Anyone any observations (I have already donned crash hat and body armour)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:06 AM »

No wonder sinnott heads straight off, I'd be straight home aswell, only at Altrincham.....

markecky

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 12:17:32 AM »

"I heard people tonight saying that this is the worst team and manager they have ever seen"

I was going to say I can't believe people would say that but I suppose I can at Alty.

Very suprised no one has called for the managers head tonight or for the board to go.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 05:53:43 AM »

How about banning fans that whatch alty when GH was in charge,lets have a complete clean out.Move to Shetland then we woild not have to worry about United or City either.Never read such tripe.
Harold

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 07:44:41 AM »

I think this is a valid point, but what's the alternative?

Wouldn't it look a little petty for a club to ban an ex-manager from the ground? A manager who brought the club reasonable success and was well liked by many during his tenure.

I'm not sure there's an easy solution to this problem and it may be best to do nothing.

the problem is that by doing nothing you get dissent on the forum and threads like this. We should be focussing on a promotion push and last night yet the talk once again is about GH, over a year after he left as manager. We seem incapable at times of moving on at this club.

Jezza

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 08:06:21 AM »

I'd love to see Tony Sanders at home games more often.....be nice to see bernard as well......and i'm sure a few fans were pleased to have the chance to say hi to ken last night......the past does not equal the future but I am happy to see past players honoured and have reminders of parts of our succesful history.

It is up to Lee to cope with an ex manager being at the game and stamp his authority at the match....I can't see the 'cote being worried about stand allen or gerry quinn turning up when he was the boss......

it is possible to move on whilst remembering the past...

RocketDan

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »

As long as GH pays £13 then i couldn't care less. we are not in a position to be refusing paying customers.

Anyway, hypothetical question: say that penalty towards the end was given and went on to win the game 3-2, would this thread be on here? we would have had 6 points from 6 (admittedly not performed great, but still full points nonetheless). I can't believe people are using the presence of one man in the bar after a match as an excuse for a poor 90 minutes on the pitch.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 08:22:30 AM by RocketDan »

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:07 AM »

GH was here last season. There were fans who wanted him to stay, there was press speculation of a summer return and there are fans who would have him back tomorrow. There are also players in the current squad who GH signed and managed.

That's a hell of a difference from the likes of Quinn, Stan Allen and Bernard.

And I agree it has no relevance to last nights result and performance.

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »

The most pathetic and pointless forum thread ever - I think.

Get over yourselves, anyone is welcome at the club, anyone is welcome in the bar.

If as the claims are made, Sinnott can not stamp his authority on the team because GH is in the bar, then Lee Sinnott should be removed from his position as manager. Personally I dont think this is the case though.

People, stop looking for excuses as to why we are poor, the simple fact is we are not the club we used to be, we don't have players who want to put their bodies on the line for Alty, part of the reason for that is that we have to change the damn squad every season. How many players do we have that have played for us for even two seasons, nevermind five?

As for being in close to the playoffs, well we might be, but that is in a tinpot league, not the Conference National, so in my book it doesnt hold water.

Simple fact is we are poor team in a poor league paying £13 a game to watch a poor standard of football, and the sooner people realise that the better. Moaning about GH being in the bar is the least of our worries and to be honest quite ridiculous.

GH you were an amazing player, you were an amazing manager. Things change in life, you lose family members and you get beaten in to the ground by cleaning changing rooms, cutting the pitch and all the other things you did. it would wear anyone down in time. At the end you understandably lost a heart and you left at the right time. You are welcome in the bar and the games as far as I am concerned and thank you for your past service.

Just saying ............

RocketDan

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »

Does Heathcote follow us to away games aswell?

If our away form was anyway near as good as our home record we would be challenging for top 3 position.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:03:54 AM by RocketDan »

fuertes

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »

Sir Matt Busby was regularly at Old Trafford when Fergie was manager. He did alright. This stuff about ex managers is horse sh*t.

Okay, we'd have expected 6 points rather than 4 from these past two games. But all is not lost and all teams suffer dodgy results. Gainsborough lost at home to Harrogate on Saturday, for example.

The table tells me we're 5 points off the playoffs with 13 games to play. We have a superior GD to the teams directly above us, one of which is Stalybridge who are in absolute freefall. Upcoming games? Bishop's Stortford, Histon, Stalybridge and Bishop's Stortford again. There are points to be had there. And a lot of our playoff rivals are playing each other over the same period.

Keep the faith. We have Reeves, after all  ;D

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »

I am also one who although I have no problem whatsoever with GH attending games etc - I do however, find it a little weird that he is there in the players lounge after each game - I too think it somewhat undermines Lee Sinnott's authority - OK if it is on the odd occassion for such things as presenting Mad Dog his award then fair enough, but I think every game is a little OTT. As I said earlier in the post, by all means be a fan and watch the game and have a drink etc afterwards but is there really a need for him to be hovering around the players lounge, I get the impression that its almost like he is gloating that the team aren't doing as well as so many people expected.

I'm sure Wenger et al wouldn't want ex managers hanging around the players lounge after every game.

I will now await the customery slagging off by some of you (but I dont give a sh1t if you do)  but I have been of this opinion for quite a while and did actually mention this exact point to John Laidlaw after last night's game

« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 11:55:48 AM by distancetraveller »

Jenga

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »

find it a little weird that he is there in the players lounge after each game

Hang on, are we saying he is in the Bar or the Players Lounge?

I have no issues with the Bar as i posted above, but if he as just suddenly moved in to the players lounge perhaps that is another issue, unless of course that was a one off for the presentations, then it is perhaps to be expected unless he has to shake hands with Maddog through the serving hatch !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this club is on the slide