PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 No wonder this club is on the slide
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: No wonder this club is on the slide  (Read 10691 times)

david sneddon

« on: February 21, 2012, 09:59:32 PM »

No where else on the planet would an ex manager be stood in the bar after the game tonight smirking about it with the hierarchy, no wonder Lee Sinnott hasn't got the crowd.All on the back of the end of our promotion hopes tonight,scandalous.Going no where as it stands,apart from backwards.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: No wonder this club is on the slide
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:02:29 PM »

No where else on the planet would an ex manager be stood in the bar after the game tonight smirking about it with the hierarchy, no wonder Lee Sinnott hasn't got the crowd.All on the back of the end of our promotion hopes tonight,scandalous.Going no where as it stands,apart from backwards.

Oh knock it off, it was a draw and not a great performance but Hinckley are no mugs you know. Promotion hopes ended tonight? Bollocks, this game'll make no difference to whether we reach the play offs or not.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:37 PM »

Oh knock it off, it was a draw and not a great performance but Hinckley are no mugs you know. Promotion hopes ended tonight? Bollocks, this game'll make no difference to whether we reach the play offs or not.

what has an ex manager being in the bar got to do with tonight's game?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »

Read the whole post, I was responding to the part

"All on the back of the end of our promotion hopes tonight,scandalous.Going no where as it stands,apart from backwards."

personally I think the whole Heathcote thing's weird but I wouldn't ban him from the ground so I dunno.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:15:34 PM »

Read the whole post, I was responding to the part

"All on the back of the end of our promotion hopes tonight,scandalous.Going no where as it stands,apart from backwards."

personally I think the whole Heathcote thing's weird but I wouldn't ban him from the ground so I dunno.

sorry. I was trying to quote the first post, not both  :)

bumble

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 10:35:03 PM »

Ken McKenna was present, do you have a problem with that?

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:40:48 PM »

this is a great question

All this politics is nonsense GH is an Alty fan as is KMcK there all welcome for me

Lets stay foccussed on what matters .... The football
ParkINson's red and white army

david sneddon

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »

No, why? He's not here every game,thus undermining the management, and hasn't impacted on this years playing budget.Would not happen at any other club, our supporters have been brainwashed.

ALTYGAL

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »

Move on will you FFS and let a paying supporter through the gate!

RocketDan

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 10:51:15 PM »

Ken was there to watch Jack Redshaw who is on loan from the club he is assistant manager at.

I think Heathcote was in the bar to pay respect to Mark Maddox who was being awarded life VP.

If our current squad had half as much heart and bottle as maddog then we would have pissed tonights game.

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:53:08 PM »

RocketDan - superb response. 

The whereabouts of ex-managers is irrelevant to the performance the players give on the pitch. 

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »

I was not his biggest fan and I have made this clear on many occasions. However, I like to think I'm a fair minded sort of person and without doubt he achieved some great things for this club, both as a player and a manager, which deserve to be recognised.

To be honest, the only thing this thread is achieving right now is to cause rifts between our fans. Sometimes, however bitter we feel about things, the best way forward is to draw a line under them and move on.
Come on Alty!

Bath Alty

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:18 PM »

Given how few of the current squad were here under GH I don't think his presence would have any impact on them at all, nor do I think any other fans (or anyone else for that matter) would think his presence would undermine Lee.

I've always thought it odd that managers / players who profess to love the club and 'have always been fans' never show their face once they leave rather demonstrating they had been spouting guff for years.  He left over a year ago now get over it, being an ex-manager should not preclude you from being a fan.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 11:43:02 PM »

No ex manager should not be here at any game,nevermind every game.No wonder things are as they are.I'm surprised Sinnott stands for it, no wonder he's rarely in the bar post match

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 11:51:59 PM »

No ex manager should not be here at any game,nevermind every game.No wonder things are as they are.I'm surprised Sinnott stands for it, no wonder he's rarely in the bar post match

Why?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team