PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Admission Prices  (Read 13609 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Admission Prices
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2011, 05:43:48 PM »

I got the same response for years at school- £5 to watch that sh*t? I'd prefer to go to FCUM/Bolton/Stockport or wherever, where its a similar price. Thats not getting kids hooked at all.
And for the argument about student rates? You find me a company who will employ me while I am in full time education that will give me Saturday afternoons off(which leaves me available 1 day out of 7), and I will gladly work for them.

Altrincham FC Yankee Collectors. 15-20 pounds a week for about 3 hours work (plus bonuses). And you NEVER have to work on matchdays. Not bad, huh?

Absolutely nothing wrong with kids and student rates (from one of the many young converts of recent years.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2011, 05:54:52 PM »

I got the same response for years at school- £5 to watch that sh*t? I'd prefer to go to FCUM/Bolton/Stockport or wherever, where its a similar price.

You can't compete with bigger clubs for whom matchday tickets are a loss leader though. In my opinion, £5 is not an unreasonable sum of money for a schoolkid to pay to watch a game of football at our level. In the Sky HD generation we now live in it is very difficult to convince youngsters to go to football matches full stop, let alone to convince them it's a good idea to watch their local non league team.

I believe we're doing all the right things, we just need to turn our fortunes around on the pitch in order to try and get a few more people through the gate.
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2011, 10:00:55 PM »

I got the same response for years at school- £5 to watch that sh*t? I'd prefer to go to FCUM/Bolton/Stockport or wherever, where its a similar price. Thats not getting kids hooked at all.
And for the argument about student rates? You find me a company who will employ me while I am in full time education that will give me Saturday afternoons off(which leaves me available 1 day out of 7), and I will gladly work for them.

I just had a little think about this.
So I googled direct.gov/jobs. 15 miles from alty fc, only work on sundays, 4/5 hours sunday morning WH Smith-Manchester airport. Took me less than a minute.
I'm in full time education too, i work 25-40 hours a week "part time"

Tried it, got no reply from them- not once, but twice

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »

I believe our pricing structure is fine as it currently is. £13 is steep when you compare to when I started coming to Moss Lane 17 years ago, when it was probably £7-8 for an adult to watch Conference football. But in todays world, you cannot charge any less and seriously consider to be competitive in the league. If we were to gain promotion this season, we would be back to being one of the cheapest in the league.

The kids prices I believe are just right. How much pocket money do kids get nowadays? Probably enough to pay £5 if they want to go to the football. The club does everything it can to promote the kids prices, and the end of last season showed we are heading in the right direction in that respect.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 12:26:29 PM »

Righto, I typed a long and winding email rebutting, arguing and agreeing with some of the points.

The gist was basically I still think £13 is too much, but we could argue it all day - it's nigh on impossible to work out what reduced pricing would do to numbers so I'll move on.

I've had another idea - I think the key for the club is to get people through the gate. The rest follows naturally.

What about introductory offers?

They go out to everyone (even regular fans), and you give an email and home address.

You can claim one half price ticket in the course of a season (with proof of ID to help deter piss takers).

Maybe even the next one at a 3/4 price, then back up to full price. Maybe even a couple of kids offers etc?

Over the course of a season I reckon you'd see a return - as I say it's kick starting the habit – be good PR in the press as well.

On the back of it, you'd ask if it's ok to contact them with Alty info – the club could email offers, match / ticket, events, info out and it wouldn't be overly expensive / time consuming. Good chance for the club to connect with the community.

Ratters

« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:15 AM »

I didn't think that I was being so controversial. I simply wanted to support my local team, although not a fan, and watch a bit of footie at a reasonable price. I don't think £13 is reasonable, even if it is a better standard than I'm used to.
Going to FC is also about the crack, atmosphere and everything elsa that you get on matchday.
I honestly hope Alty (not Alti) have a fantastic season and their average gates go through the roof.
But I cannot see how Alty will attract the new fans at them prices.
It's nice to see how many people have replied to the subject and even better to see the passion coming through, you are obviously the main hard core of the Alty support.

Ratters

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 11:00:59 AM »

Fair do's but There is atmosphere and the match day experience at moss lane,not sure about crack,but you smell the odd doobie on occasion.You dont have to do a 40 mile round trip to have the matchday experience. For me atmosphere wise id rather be with 1000 people in a foursided traditional 6000 capacity ground than with 1500 (actual people in attendance) in two sections of an 11000 capacity allseater stadium,but i suppose it depends what different people define as atmosphere...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices