PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Admission Prices  (Read 13611 times)

markecky

Re: Admission Prices
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:36 PM »

Whilst £13 could be argued as expensive, I don't feel that £5 for 12-16 and £2 for U12's is.

You can't do much as a teenager these days for less that a fiver and £2 is loose change.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2011, 09:29:35 PM »

I know I've harped on about this for years, but the kids prices need dropping IMO- a very under supported view considering everyone harps on about getting the kids down- they're the lot who pester the parents for food inside the stadium ect.

WHAT! it's £2 for kids, about the price of a half of beer. How cheap should it be, a Tesco sandwich is £2, a bag of chips is £1.50, a film is £7, a McDonalds is the same price, how much do you think it should be and where do you think club  that the club pays players from that?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:33:57 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »

Rip off Britian, thats wot it is.
Full time and proud of it

Butty

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2011, 10:02:18 PM »

And when you were that age, how much did you pay? Nothing thanks to the leisure centre by any chance? To some kids, a fiver a week is a fair bit of money

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2011, 10:35:21 PM »

Aghhhhh......not this old chestnut again.

A £2 reduction in price will see another 50 show up at the ground and the club lose hundreds of pounds....the arguement that they will all buy a programme, a pie, a pint etc does not wash....they are in on a budget and keep it that way.

The kids prices are dead cheap. As for the student rate, isn't the admission price about 2 hours of paid work ?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 11:01:17 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

RocketDan

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:05 AM »

I know I've harped on about this for years, but the kids prices need dropping IMO- a very under supported view considering everyone harps on about getting the kids down- they're the lot who pester the parents for food inside the stadium ect.

What do you mean by kids exactly? For example, the final couple of game at the end of the season were buzzing with teenagers.

If you are referring to primary school kids, i'm guessing anyone younger than 14 goes with a parent, and, I imagine on the most part, its the parents who drag the kids along rather than the other way round. So it's a moot point as the parents end up paying the £2, which lets face it is neither here nor there.

AltyFanInNottm

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2011, 08:09:38 AM »

£2 for young kids is great value.

When Alty played at Mansfield last season it cost me £16, and £8 for each of the kids. A total of £32.

And we couldn't even get a decent view of their world famous scoreboard.

And £8 doesn't even get a stationery set.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2011, 11:01:05 AM »

A £2 reduction in price will see another 50 show up at the ground and the club lose hundreds of pounds....the arguement that they will all buy a programme, a pie, a pint etc does not wash....they are in on a budget and keep it that way.

Not meaning to sound rude, but how've you worked that out?

Out of interest, what's the average gate for last season? What other factors could be driving down gates?

I'm being beligerant out of frustration. I'd love to go to Alty, but whenever I suggest it to the boys (all of whom are football fans), they say the same thing. £13 for that sh*t? Rip off.

It's not necessarily about working to a budget, it's about value for money and personally I don't feel that the price reflects the quality of product on offer.

You may say it's comparable to some teams around us, but I'm sure they're also teams struggling to attract decent numbers.

You may say it's a fraction of those above us, but I think it's hard to begin to compare what's on offer from our nearest neighbours with Alty.

Most people on here may well disagree with this, but as I mentioned, I'm a relative outsider looking in - I really like Alty - the terraces, atmosphere, fans etc are all great. I think I'm fairly objective and representative of the type of fanbase which could be attracted but is currently being put off supporting the club by simple economics.

Incidentally, I think the kids pricing looks ok - when that gets factored in I'm hoping to bring my little lad along when he's old enough as it offers better value.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »

Not meaning to sound rude, but how've you worked that out?

I think Mick just did. We've got a hard core support of about 600 -700 who were prepared to watch us get pasted last year paying this coming season's admission prices. It's a fair assumption they will be coming this season as well and on that basis the revenue from their attendance can reasonably be included in the budget calculation for the Manager. If the admission prices were reduced, the budget would be reduced and all things being equal so would the quality of player the Manager would be able to attract. I don't see how lower admission prices to watch a poorer team is going to encourage more people to come and watch - particularly if its of even lower quality than the "sh*te" to which your sons refer.

Floating fans come for all kinds of reasons but mainly its if we're winning. Converts from Utd, City or others because its relatively good value. The rest of us come because its our team - if we are to attract new young fans it'll be because they'be been hooked emotionally, not because they've constructed a spreadsheet equating football quality with admission prices. As was said on here in the Eastbourne aftermath, the number of very young fans at the game would tend to suggest the club has been getting something right.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:48 PM »

Northern.........I am not going to write the economic business case that you require in order to be convinced.
The club is run by people who are not lining their own pockets (in fact it's the reverse) and are acting in the best economic interests of the club and its supporters based on many years of experience in both NL football and varying businesses. However here are few other comments.

Everyone is welcome to watch even sh*tter park football for absolutely nothing if they wish. I do and it entertains me as a football fan. Alternatively they can go and watch top notch standards at Manchester United for say £28 + tramfare. The choice is theirs. Watching 'sh*te' for £13 is somewhere inbetween and compared to the alternatives the pricing is ok.

Tell me how much you think it should be such that people would be willing to pay to attend 75% of the home games ? To drop the price a few quid so a few hundred local floaters turn up twice a season will do nothing positive for the club.  I am afraid that the opinions you have mentioned is just typical of the population around here, people who think we play in a pub league i.e anything below Championship is 'sh*te'. If only they knew the costs involved in running a club at this level, then maybe they would think again.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:45:24 PM by Mick »
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »

I'd love to go to Alty, but whenever I suggest it to the boys (all of whom are football fans), they say the same thing. £13 for that sh*t? Rip off.

To be fair, in my experience people who have that kind of attitude would say the same thing even if we charged a tenner.
Come on Alty!

Jezza

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2011, 01:58:42 PM »

don't we have this exact same conversation every season.......then halfway through we discuss discounting a match to increase the attendance and the unfair impact on season ticket holders...............................

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2011, 02:05:47 PM »

The best way to increase attendances in the long term is to have regular runs in the FA Cup and FA Trophy and also (hopefully) challenge for promotion.

The only long term effect of a heavy discount on entrance fees would be to reduce our playing budget, which in turn makes cup runs and league success less likely.

There is no quick fix, it's a long term project. If you look at the amount of kids wearing replica shirts and getting behind the team in recent seasons I believe the club is making real progress.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 02:16:47 PM by Gary Powell's Disco Pants »
Come on Alty!

Butty

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2011, 04:57:11 PM »

I got the same response for years at school- £5 to watch that sh*t? I'd prefer to go to FCUM/Bolton/Stockport or wherever, where its a similar price. Thats not getting kids hooked at all.
And for the argument about student rates? You find me a company who will employ me while I am in full time education that will give me Saturday afternoons off(which leaves me available 1 day out of 7), and I will gladly work for them.

Altysteward93

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

I got the same response for years at school- £5 to watch that sh*t? I'd prefer to go to FCUM/Bolton/Stockport or wherever, where its a similar price. Thats not getting kids hooked at all.
And for the argument about student rates? You find me a company who will employ me while I am in full time education that will give me Saturday afternoons off(which leaves me available 1 day out of 7), and I will gladly work for them.

I just had a little think about this.
So I googled direct.gov/jobs. 15 miles from alty fc, only work on sundays, 4/5 hours sunday morning WH Smith-Manchester airport. Took me less than a minute.
I'm in full time education too, i work 25-40 hours a week "part time"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices