PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Admission Prices  (Read 13608 times)

Jacko

Re: Admission Prices
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 01:55:05 PM »

I don't see a problem with our kids prices to be honest.

£5 for 12-16 year olds and £2 for under 12's is not bad at all.
when i was 13 i couldnt afford anying over a pound

Jezza

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 03:05:48 PM »

£12-£13 is nothing for someone who lives in hale...or has your bank/developement company gone bust?

good luck fKum and come on alti alty

Jacko

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »

£12-£13 is nothing for someone who lives in hale...or has your bank/developement company gone bust?

couldnt agree more, from the forum echo  8)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »

I don't see a problem with our kids prices to be honest.

£5 for 12-16 year olds and £2 for under 12's is not bad at all.
when i was 13 i couldnt afford anying over a pound

You should have got yourself a paper round.   ;)
Come on Alty!

Jacko

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 03:24:38 PM »

i did!!! bloody got canned after 2 rounds!! well it was 6am and i was 13 of course there all going in hole ones bunker on the golf course!!!

constables didnt pay enough tight gits 8)

bumble

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:20 PM »

personally i think it should be :

£2 - under 13's
£5 - under 18's
£8 students

then keep adults at whatver

Dougals Dad

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2011, 04:38:55 PM »

£13 for 90 mins of football plus free parking, not being stuck in traffic or at the metro for an hour after, cheap pints in the bar, a friendly family atmosphere and the chance to help your local club and community.

Always thought that was a bargain personally!

...and warm, friendly, safe, decent food, a club with a home and a heart...

Excellent value.

NorthernMonkey

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011, 05:26:56 PM »

The problem is, that everyone saying they don't think £13 is too bad...

...are already fans - hook line and  sinker.

Of course you don't mind paying whatever to watch Alty if you're a big fan.

The problem is, £13 will never attract the partially interested on a regular basis unless it's a particularly attractive game.

The conference has thrown up 'glamour' games at this level - they won't be on offer next season unless it's a successful one.

It's all well and good to compare our prices with those of other conference clubs, but they are all in different situations, locations, have differing historical support, full time costs to pay (some of them).

Also, I have no idea how people can hand onn heart suggest that dropping pricing will have no effect on support; has that elasticity been measured? What about add ons? Those people may buy food / beer / merchandise.

£13 for non league football is the reason a lot of people don't go.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 05:28:48 PM by NorthernMonkey »

fuertes

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »

I grew up in Hale and we were always skint  :o

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2011, 05:32:30 PM »

The problem is, that everyone saying they don't think £13 is too bad...

...are already fans - hook line and  sinker.

Of course you don't mind paying whatever to watch Alty if you're a big fan.

The problem is, £13 will never attract the partially interested on a regular basis unless it's a particularly attractive game.

The conference has thrown up 'glamour' games at this level - they won't be on offer next season unless it's a successful one.

It's all well and good to compare our prices with those of other conference clubs, but they are all in different situations, locations, have differing historical support, full time costs to pay (some of them).

Also, I have no idea how people can hand onn heart suggest that dropping pricing will have no effect on support; has that elasticity been measured? What about add ons? Those people may buy food / beer / merchandise.

£13 for non league football is the reason a lot of people don't go.

This...The pricing is absolutely ludicrous (not necessarily the club's fault, just NL football in general.)

I reckon reducing it to 10 could see a significant increase. Have we ever experimented with this?
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »

No one is denying that £10 attracts more supporters than £13. And you could argue when we hit £13 a couple of years ago there was a tail off, however non league football is not as price elastic as other goods and difficult to mess around with on such small/tight budgets.

The main problem is perception, as an example I heard a guy talking in a chippy a while back (I'd nipped in to buy ,er a bottle of water  ;)  ) and he was talking about goign to maybe the York game but couldn't believe that it was £10 at the time to get in, he thought we played in apub league or something. Which is where fcums spiel is quality to be fair, people think they're either man united or in the league already - no thought as to the actual value for money £7 for a nwcl game a few years ago? As shown by this wum chap trekking to Bury and paying out the same amount in total without having the wherewithal to stop and think about it.

Jacko

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »

i suppose alty attract a certain type of fan though, u rarely see rough scally alty fans or toff fans with prawn sandwiches,

other clubs have these fans for sure, what im trying to say is others may just not fit in at any price

maybe the people that already go are the only quality folk around here  :D
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 07:26:29 PM by Scorched Meercat »

RocketDan

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

they need to attract more fans and pricing peope out of Moss Lane will not attract new / casual support.

£13 is hardly 'pricing people out'

You live in Hale, you must have a spare £13 knocking about, It's hardly Gorton is it?

OldhamAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »

Agree with Ballers.

Taking last season's average attendance of 1000 (near as makes no difference anyway), dropping prices to £10 means you'd need have to increase attendance by nearly 15% to make the same. And while I can see them going to the snack bar, more often than not these extra people aren't the sort who are going to arrive two hours early to go the bar, or be collecting programmes (how many will be parents with kids, who are paying very little, those prices I can only really imagine are to hook future fans and whoever's bring them, I can't see the club makes much significantly off them).

Butty

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2011, 09:16:18 PM »

Agree with Ballers.

Taking last season's average attendance of 1000 (near as makes no difference anyway), dropping prices to £10 means you'd need have to increase attendance by nearly 15% to make the same. And while I can see them going to the snack bar, more often than not these extra people aren't the sort who are going to arrive two hours early to go the bar, or be collecting programmes (how many will be parents with kids, who are paying very little, those prices I can only really imagine are to hook future fans and whoever's bring them, I can't see the club makes much significantly off them).

I know I've harped on about this for years, but the kids prices need dropping IMO- a very under supported view considering everyone harps on about getting the kids down- they're the lot who pester the parents for food inside the stadium ect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices