PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Admission Prices  (Read 13605 times)

Ratters

Admission Prices
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:19 PM »

I am not a massive Alti fan but felt obliged to post this message, as it is my local club and I would like to see them doing well.
I live in Hale, watch FC United, and would love to nip down to Alti n give them my support when not following FC or working.
The thing that puts me off is the £12-13 admission price. This to me is outrageous and one of the reasons why Alti struggle with attendances.
I know there is an argument that the club needs as much money as it can get and with little gate money coming in they cant afford to drop prices, but
they need to attract more fans and pricing peope out of Moss Lane will not attract new / casual support.
 :)

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
Re: Admission Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 12:17:36 PM »

www.altyfans.co.uk..

How much do FC United charge ?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 12:21:53 PM »

I bet most nwcl sides thought the £7 admisson into gigg lane was outragous when fcum were charging twice the going rate for that league.We were the cheapest in the conference premier last season.The higher you go,the bigger the costs

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 12:23:53 PM »

Plus altrincham attract four figure attendances without giving away hundreds of season tickets

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 12:25:52 PM »

And whilst im at it cos ive chomped,ive just realised this is obviously a wind up as no one from hale would use the terminology "alti", good try though

markecky

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »

Its a chicken and egg situation.

There is no doubt that our prices will be amongst the highest in the league this season, although thats what you expect from the club who comes down.

In the Conference we were amongst the lowest with prices at other clubs from £12 - £20.

Most clubs will be £10 - £12 this season in the Conference North so its not massively more.

I see your point about it putting people off but there is no argument to say that dropping it to £10 would have got many more people as well.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:26:44 PM »

For your information, Alty have been one of the lowest admission prices in the BSP for many years, and the BSP set minimum prices which Alty had to meet. When the club were relegated last season the club had a difficult decision and decided to retain prices to help with the budget to try and get back up to BSP, most Alty fans agree with this.

Experience has shown that lower prices dont actually have as big an impact on gates as you suggest, most Alty fans are very loyal. If you compare the admission prices with the local league clubs they are very fair, (we get lots of visitors from other clubs who say so) however, if you compare with the lower levels of non-league (like FCUM which are particularly cheap) then as you can see it looks more expensive but dont forget, you are watching (in theory) a much higher standard of football, and its such a lovely friendly club, surely you would agree its worth it  ;D Why not come down this saturday vs Man City and see for yourself, I think its £7 ?

fuertes

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 12:34:52 PM »

The price of football in this country is an absolute disgrace. Alty's prices look steep, but I'm at least happy the board are simply charging what's necessary to run a top part-time squad. They're not squeezing the fans' bollocks in order to throw around crazy wages.

It's the £35 minimum prices in the Premier League, despite the division being awash with TV money that really gets me. Why on Earth do the fans stand for it? The lack of radicalism in this country is depressing. In Germany the fans boycott when a club tries to take the piss with a 4 Euro increase for a derby. Here we still see Old Trafford, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge packed every weekend.

Jacko

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 12:49:56 PM »

The only thing I would change is the childs prices as word of mouth spreads quickly around schools and maybe there is some scope for growth, however adults tend to be a different animal as u have to be a stubborn Alty fan to dig your feet in when relegated, so I don't think a price change would make a difference

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »

I don't see a problem with our kids prices to be honest.

£5 for 12-16 year olds and £2 for under 12's is not bad at all.
Come on Alty!

joe

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »

I don't see a problem with our kids prices to be honest.

£5 for 12-16 year olds and £2 for under 12's is not bad at all.

Very reasonable kids prices!

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »

£13 for 90 mins of football plus free parking, not being stuck in traffic or at the metro for an hour after, cheap pints in the bar, a friendly family atmosphere and the chance to help your local club and community.

Always thought that was a bargain personally!

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 01:31:49 PM »

Also, just to echo what Ecky said above, I don't believe that dropping our prices would have any noticeable effect on attendances over a sustained period of time.
Come on Alty!

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »

Personally I dont give a toss what Alty charge I would still go and watch them.

As a club we have just had to take a massive budget loss due to being relegated so I dont really think lowering the entrance fee would be an option if we want to have a good go at getting back up...

I have to agree with Hughesy regards the WUM   Alti ??  Cmon fella  There are fkn clowns in Shrewsbury where I live that dont spell it that way

PS Why the Fk do you want to watch FCUM

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 01:42:18 PM by distancetraveller »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »

I am not a massive Alti fan but felt obliged to post this message, as it is my local club and I would like to see them doing well.
I live in Hale, watch FC United, and would love to nip down to Alti n give them my support when not following FC or working.
The thing that puts me off is the £12-13 admission price. This to me is outrageous and one of the reasons why Alti struggle with attendances.
I know there is an argument that the club needs as much money as it can get and with little gate money coming in they cant afford to drop prices, but
they need to attract more fans and pricing peope out of Moss Lane will not attract new / casual support.
 :)

So you'd pay what? £5 return on the tram to the end of the metrolink line in Bury and a further £7/8 for a high priced game in a lower division because a club have put United in their name rather than pay £13 just down the road, yeh nice one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Admission Prices