Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 March board meeting: next season manager update?

Author Topic: March board meeting: next season manager update?  (Read 2854 times)

Matt Taylor

« on: March 24, 2017, 10:17:38 AM »

Does anyone know what the outcome of this weeks board meeting was? I thought that the managerial situation for next season was being decided at the March meeting - but might have misheard/misunderstood.

With the emphasis on better communication with the fans, perhaps we can expect a statement today at some point? Or are we waiting until we have a better week on the pitch before making an announcement?

GB Alty

Re: March board meeting: next season manager update?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »

Does anyone know what the outcome of this weeks board meeting was? I thought that the managerial situation for next season was being decided at the March meeting - but might have misheard/misunderstood.

With the emphasis on better communication with the fans, perhaps we can expect a statement today at some point? Or are we waiting until we have a better week on the pitch before making an announcement?

I believe they met for 5 hours on Thursday, so they must have decided something?

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »

I suppose you'll all have to wait for he who must be obeyed to tell you as much as he feels he has to in his next set of notes.

John Edwards

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:26:33 AM »

An update from the board about the managerial situation, following this week's monthly meeting, has been formulated and will appear on the website later today.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »

I just can't contain myself waiting for the inevitable news that Doughty and Lawton have got the job permanently after our recent upturn in fortunes on the pitch.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »

I don't think MD will get the job to be honest. I think that is very unlikely. I'm not convinced GR will stay on as chairman either beyond the summer. The latter is not even wishful thinking on my part - I can just see all sides coming to the conclusion that this situation can't go on.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 11:53:51 AM by brianrooney26 »

York Alty is back

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »

The managerial appointment is not gonna make a great difference if we have the same rudderless, antagonistic, uncommunicative chair.  Why would the appointment of any given manager change Chairman Row Lees approach?

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 12:13:04 PM »

I don't think MD will get the job to be honest. I think that is very unlikely. I'm not convinced GR will stay on as chairman either beyond the summer. The latter is not even wishful thinking on my part - I can just see all sides coming to the conclusion that this situation can't go on.

This would probably be the most reasonable, albeit in a way sad, conclusion to reach. GR would have to consider if he stayed on would we all be united and bounce straight back up next season. He might well think if people just stopped being arseholes and backed him unequivocally that we would - and he may even be correct in that - (speaking balance wise here) but if the reality is that faith/support/patience of a lot of long standing supporters has snapped then that won't happen and we'll be well and truly knackered. So he may have to reluctantly fall on his sword - but in itself the club needs a more driven ambitious mindset than just a scapegoat.

I think possibly as people have mentioned re Jim Harvey it may be the environment that's wrong. Matt Doughty may well be a good manager or not but I don't think giving him the job next season under these circumstances would be to his long term benefit.

We shall see I suppose. I just feel very sad and disillusioned with all this (I can cope with relatively sh*t football at times but this isn't nice) and hope we can see sense and do the right thing

Spring

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:51:44 PM »

I have to say that in my view the decisions that would have been made at the Board meeting and judged on previous 'form' would be:

1) A re-iteration that the chairman has no intention of standing down. Anyone thinking he will fall on his sword is ignoring the 'hubris syndrome' which is absolutely at work here.....as previously mentioned.

2) Either confirmation of the Matt Doughty appointment or a delay to that decision until the end of the season. The Board are frightened stiff of appointing a 'new' candidate and is the easy course to confirm or delay.

£10 win double on the above with Paddy Power please.

PS I hope my bet fails!!!!

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 12:56:19 PM »

It's likely to be we welcome applications from prospective candidates, including Matt Doughty who "has done a good job in tough circumstances" and interviews will take place at the end of the season.

Anything other than this would be a big mistake.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 01:33:24 PM »

An update from the board about the managerial situation, following this week's monthly meeting, has been formulated and will appear on the website later today.

Thanks John.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team