Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?  (Read 17416 times)

Spring

« on: March 23, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »

The Chairman has offered an invitation to those passionate fans who object to his tenure to have a face to face meeting. He had no need to do this and I for one give him the benefit of doubt that his motives and his attitude to the meeting would be positive. Is there anyone amongst us that wants to meet?

I seriously would have taken this up but am 200 miles away and not in the most mobile of situations.

Come n iif you love our club give the guy a chance to explain his position.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Is there anyone who wants to meet the Chairman?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 06:52:49 PM »

I have sat down with Grahame in the past. Alongside Brian. It reminded me of being back at school.

Given that Grahame hung up on me on Saturday after I asked him about the twitter ( I wanted to know who would be continuing the tweets for our exile fans and he replied he didn't care who was tweeting as he was watching the game), I'm in no rush to arrange to sit down with him.

Should the protest organisers (and there are people leading this) want to do so, that their perogrative, but I get the feeling they don't.
It's all my fault.

Spring

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 06:55:48 PM »

Interesting points that I wasn't aware of ......I appreciate the update and maybe I am smoking pot..

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

Interesting points that I wasn't aware of ......I appreciate the update and maybe I am smoking pot..

Can I have some?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Spring

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

High time.

arnald

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 08:12:13 PM »

Next season no fans as easy as that f**kit hate them

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2017, 08:21:53 PM »

Next season no fans as easy as that f**kit hate them

There'll still be some in attendance next season regardless. I reckon they'll be a 350-400 average and maybe even 450 for the big local games against Warrington and Ashton. If Trafford come up we might even scrape 500.

GB Alty

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2017, 08:42:29 PM »

I have sat down with Grahame in the past. Alongside Brian. It reminded me of being back at school.

Given that Grahame hung up on me on Saturday after I asked him about the twitter ( I wanted to know who would be continuing the tweets for our exile fans and he replied he didn't care who was tweeting as he was watching the game), I'm in no rush to arrange to sit down with him.

Should the protest organisers (and there are people leading this) want to do so, that their perogrative, but I get the feeling they don't.
there is nothing to discuss, the protest group is quite clear in it's aim

Mr Rowley assured us in his Tuesday programme notes that he doesnt intend to step down as chairman so there nothing constructive to discuss is there?

The worm has turned, Rowley on borrowed time, the quicker he see's that the quicker we will get our football club back, just hope there is one left by then

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 12:12:34 PM »

Having this meeting offered it would in my eyes seem to make perfect sense to meet with the chairman.  To refuse to meet would surely leave the board saying that they have tried to meet to discuss but the group refused.  I understand the sentiments but refusal to meet seems a poor option.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 12:16:43 PM »

At the risk of being fair to Graham here Jack, I don't think his response to a phone call from you in the second half of the Stalybridge game asking WHO. DOES. THE. TWITTER? can be taken as representative of his willingness to discuss things with supporters!! 😂😂

markecky2

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »

Having this meeting offered it would in my eyes seem to make perfect sense to meet with the chairman.  To refuse to meet would surely leave the board saying that they have tried to meet to discuss but the group refused.  I understand the sentiments but refusal to meet seems a poor option.

The third line of the statement makes the meeting pointless in my eyes mate. It says I'm not going anywhere but by all means come and meet me.

Again I stress it's not personal but if anyone did attend a meeting I cant see them coming out saying "we've had a chat and we now see that change isn't needed after all". I really can't.

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 12:24:06 PM »

Having this meeting offered it would in my eyes seem to make perfect sense to meet with the chairman.  To refuse to meet would surely leave the board saying that they have tried to meet to discuss but the group refused.  I understand the sentiments but refusal to meet seems a poor option.

he refers to the group but its much more than that,if only 29 people had enough of the chairman there wouldn't be much of a problem
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 12:27:15 PM by Jimmy »

im not really here

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 12:33:42 PM »

The third line of the statement makes the meeting pointless in my eyes mate. It says I'm not going anywhere but by all means come and meet me.

Again I stress it's not personal but if anyone did attend a meeting I cant see them coming out saying "we've had a chat and we now see that change isn't needed after all". I really can't.
Agreed, I think the offer of a constructive meeting is too little too late. Far more than 29 people want change and the Club needs change to rebuild. The only solution I can see is that Rowley will eventually have to fall on his sword. How and when he can decide, but this can't continue into the Summer and the start of next season.

Spring

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 12:41:22 PM »

Toff Apple

I totally agree with you. It would be even better to decline the meeting and to publically state the reasons for this, than just to ignore the invite.

It also looks as though the whole protest movement has totally run out of steam and apart from a few 'insults' traded on the forum, there is little being offered, certainly nothing constructive which I find a great shame as the club is in dire need of a revival and part of this has to be a rapprochement between the Board and the passionate Alty fans that are represented on this site.j.

I also have to say that ringing the Chairman in the middle of a match was perhaps not the best timing. If he had been seem to be having a long telephone call he would probably be accused of being disinterested in the football. One has to be even handed in looking at things.

Right, I have my tin hat on and I repeat my only interest is the overall well being of the club which I have supported for 65 years ( yep since the early days of Brian Prolze) ......I am not a spy.......I am not an official of the club........I have never met our Chairman or any of the board etc etc.

Let the bombardment begin but please make it witty as well as aggressive..

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »

Toff Apple

I totally agree with you. It would be even better to decline the meeting and to publically state the reasons for this, than just to ignore the invite.

It also looks as though the whole protest movement has totally run out of steam and apart from a few 'insults' traded on the forum, there is little being offered, certainly nothing constructive which I find a great shame as the club is in dire need of a revival and part of this has to be a rapprochement between the Board and the passionate Alty fans that are represented on this site.j.

I also have to say that ringing the Chairman in the middle of a match was perhaps not the best timing. If he had been seem to be having a long telephone call he would probably be accused of being disinterested in the football. One has to be even handed in looking at things.

Right, I have my tin hat on and I repeat my only interest is the overall well being of the club which I have supported for 65 years ( yep since the early days of Brian Prolze) ......I am not a spy.......I am not an official of the club........I have never met our Chairman or any of the board etc etc.

Let the bombardment begin but please make it witty as well as aggressive..

Given we'd be locked out of an account, it was the exact time to question why it had been done.

Grahame has yet to speak to me or Andrew which is appalling.

I believe the group leading the protest have send correspondence to the board.
It's all my fault.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team