PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non Alty - Bury Future in doubt
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Non Alty - Bury Future in doubt  (Read 11107 times)

Jimmy

Re: Non Alty - Bury Future in doubt
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »

Is bury problem that no one goes I can't remember of hearing that the board have spent loads on players like I said I'm not that clued up on this but isn't the fault a lack of fans rather than the board

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 10:05:35 PM »

Anyway, about Bury....

Quite right. Not the place.

markecky

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:23 PM »

Is bury problem that no one goes I can't remember of hearing that the board have spent loads on players like I said I'm not that clued up on this but isn't the fault a lack of fans rather than the board

I watched that fans forum on late kick off a few weeks back and the main gripe was that the last board had pushed the boat out to get to league one and now they were paying the price.  Some big earners apparently.

As you say though Jim, a drop in crowds from last season has certainly not helped.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »

sell the ground to FCUM and become Bury United.....simples!

I would have thought having said they need a million or they close fcum will be looking at their desperation.....everyone said FCUM would be the death of Bury....

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 08:11:57 PM »

sell the ground to FCUM and become Bury United.....simples!

I would have thought having said they need a million or they close fcum will be looking at their desperation.....everyone said FCUM would be the death of Bury....

So FCUM buy Bury, become a league club and change its name ?

Hamilton

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 09:53:28 PM »

If one club buys another  and they merge, aren't they supposed to play at the level of the lower placed club?

taxi Phil

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2013, 12:27:04 AM »

If one club buys another  and they merge, aren't they supposed to play at the level of the lower placed club?
When Moor Green and Solihull Borough merged, they played at the higher level.

Iateallthepies

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 01:00:24 AM »

http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/bury-fc-statement-764293.aspx

This was posted on their website yesterday.

As you are well aware, Bury FC has been experiencing financial difficulties all season and we are currently in a transfer embargo imposed by the Football League because of our short term loan from the Professional Footballers Association.

At this moment in time the situation is now critical, we are quickly running out of money by trying short term fixes that are not working long term.

The club desperately needs £1million of external investment to secure the long-term future of the club.

Without this investment the club will cease to trade and there will be no more professional football played at Gigg Lane.

We are looking for a number of people, local businessmen or women to join a consortium and invest £100,000 each, with a guaranteed payback.

If you are interested please call the club and we will explain in detail our business plan.

We need you now because I repeat the club will close.

We have a responsibility to all of our staff, players and creditors to not allow the situation to get any worse.

This plea is serious; if you can help us and at the same time enjoy a return on your investment please contact the club.

This was posted 10 hours ago.

Following the statement posted on the clubs web site yesterday, The Board can confirm that we have had positive discussions with potential investors to secure the long term future of Bury Football club.

We anticipate that the investment funds being requested will be used to continue running the club in a normal trading manner which would include paying outstanding creditors and season ticket commitment.

We would hope that supporters will continue to support the club in the remaining fixtures.
I  really dont see how the club can guarantee at pay bak if someone invests £100,00 as the chairman was on 5 live and said "the situation is bleak".
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:03:18 AM by Iateallthepies »
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Non Alty - Bury Future in doubt