PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 3 players gone  (Read 12694 times)

York Alty

Re: 3 players gone
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2009, 07:40:28 AM »

the foundations of burnleys success were laid by Johhny Bond.  Not that they recognise that now.  oh no.  blinded by the glomouors lights of the prem. ;D

Jenga

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2009, 08:35:35 AM »

So after a sweeping side track on something totally unrelated to the thread, perhaps we can get back on topic. ::)

AltyIan

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2009, 12:10:36 PM »

Trio are released by Altrincham 
Altrincham have released midfielder Warren Peyton, striker Joe O'Neill and defender Chris Lane.

Peyton, 29, had been with the Robins for almost four years, making 152 Conference appearances.

O'Neill, 26, scored just 13 league goals in three years and Lane, 29, played 73 league games in two seasons.

Manager Graham Heathcote told the club's website: "I don't really want to release them but I have to do so to allow me to freshen up the squad."

Good to see Grahams trying to bring the team forward and looking for a few signings , theres no doubt that some of these players can't bring the club forward any longer, but my upmost respect for them for being great servants of the club

Jenga

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2009, 01:00:56 PM »

I would agree whilst it is never nice to see good players go this I think is good news for the club on moving forward - why you might ask?

Well all three of these players were more often than not substitutes last season.

So three subs go, giving a positive image to the rest of the squad that we are looking to improve the calibre next season.

We might then see other familiar names on the bench this year with three new freshers players coming in (Mangan*, Ellison, Obejeojeojeo)  thus improving the quality of our bench but more importantly the starting eleven. I know that we will probably never get Mangan, Ellison is getting sorted and I have never heard of Obejeojeojeo lol, but you get my idea I hope.

* Not sure if that is how you spell his name, the guy from FGR.

AltyIan

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2009, 02:52:31 PM »

now that peytons gone, does that mean the picture of warren in the top right hand corner of the forum page should go to?

markecky

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »

now that peytons gone, does that mean the picture of warren in the top right hand corner of the forum page should go to?

Ollie and Lew Needham have asked that it stays there as a kind of tribute to him...so thats what is happening for now.

Jenga

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2009, 03:11:33 PM »

Wow, kick a dying man whilst he is down.

jimbo

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 03:50:38 PM »

should any1 else go?

gunners11

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2009, 05:04:56 PM »

alty need to look at players in division2 or bsp so we can get some good players we need good players to stay in the league an d hope one day we will be playing division 2 i know it is a laugh now but who knows football is a funny game .

jimbo

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2009, 10:12:10 PM »

i think its grt that people have different opinions on who shud stay or go or who shud come in?im sorry to see joe go and wish he stayed and my thoughts are other players shud go to make more room for better players,because this league is going to be much harder next season with luton chester wimbledon.improved oxford? improved wrexham?

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »

Chester look like they will struggle, possibly worse than york have done when they came down. A lot of players have gone, and finances are slim.
Oxford always change their squad, but many teams up their games when playing them.
Wimbledon will play it safe. They seem like a well run club, although they have nicked kingstonian's ground. I would put them in the top 10.
Wrexham are having a clearout, so really depends on who they can entice to play in another country...

I also think clubs will on the whole be releasing more players than usual, and becoming more financially astute. There are still concerns about stockport, darlington and southampton. With a couple others looking like they may loose sponsorship deals.

With our squad, with a couple of decent signings we can compete better with all the clubs. I would definately be looking for a strong central midfielder, and possibly someone who can take a throw in (and control the return pass).

Jenga

« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

Once we bring in the fresh faces I can see that we will compete better this year with others cutting their cloth.

However there will be some gamblers this year and I think this year those gambles could pay off. I think we will see a leading pack of 5 or 6 teams with the league below being very very tight indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 3 players gone