News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Suggested goal celebrations

Author Topic: Suggested goal celebrations  (Read 2526 times)

Jezza

« on: April 19, 2010, 10:11:34 AM »

Well we've a hat-trick of blanks so a goal fest is on the cards and the players need to be fully prepared.

I'd like to see the goalscorer open a pretend coach door, climb in and let the rest of the outfield players pretend to climb on...the driver should then 'drive' the coach and park it across our goal....Stuart Coburn could then pretend to be Chris senior by putting his boots on his knees and kneeling on the centre spot and watch imaginary balls sailing back and fro over his head while the 'coach driver' sits and calmly reads his paper.

Or all the players run into our goal area and pretend to all be goalkeepers making save after save.

If Colin Little scores the rest of the players should present him with a gold watch and then sing a round of "find me and follow me"...I was going to suggest they all climb over the fence and sing from the terrace but they'd probably all get booked by an over zealous ref for leaving the field of play and being disrespectful towards anyone else who has ever scored for Alty.

If Senior scores I think 7 of the other players should throw an imaginary pickaxe over their shoulder and march back to the half way line singing "heigh ho".....perhaps Stu could join in as the wicked stepmother...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested goal celebrations
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:23:59 AM »

Well we've a hat-trick of blanks so a goal fest is on the cards and the players need to be fully prepared.

I'd like to see the goalscorer open a pretend coach door, climb in and let the rest of the outfield players pretend to climb on...the driver should then 'drive' the coach and park it across our goal....Stuart Coburn could then pretend to be Chris senior by putting his boots on his knees and kneeling on the centre spot and watch imaginary balls sailing back and fro over his head while the 'coach driver' sits and calmly reads his paper.

Or all the players run into our goal area and pretend to all be goalkeepers making save after save.

If Colin Little scores the rest of the players should present him with a gold watch and then sing a round of "find me and follow me"...I was going to suggest they all climb over the fence and sing from the terrace but they'd probably all get booked by an over zealous ref for leaving the field of play and being disrespectful towards anyone else who has ever scored for Alty.

If Senior scores I think 7 of the other players should throw an imaginary pickaxe over their shoulder and march back to the half way line singing "heigh ho".....perhaps Stu could join in as the wicked stepmother...

Bloody hell, it would take a training session to practice that lot  :D

fuertes

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »

Having read the Cote's comments from his radio appearance re other clubs sniffing around our players, I'd suggest upon scoring the whole team lift their tops to reveal vests with "f**k off Fleetwood - We're not interested" written on them.

Either that or just run around like eejits overcome with joy. I like the old-fashioned celebrations  ;D

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »

Or real old skool ..... A firm handshake and a short word of congratulations from the skipper and a pat on the back if it's a real cracker.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »

If Col scores the players form 2 rows and bow down in reverence as Col walks between them (maybe with regal waves as he goes)

I so wish I could get down to ML to pay my respects in person to Col.

RocketDan

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »

if clee scores he should quickly put of cricket pads and a helmet. then pick up a bat an raise it towards the fans as if he has just scored a century.

Jenga

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 12:21:17 PM »

If Col Scores all players should not run up to him but all from the position where they are on the field get one one knww and do the "i am not worthy" wave until he reaches the half way line.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 06:14:00 PM »

I think it colin scores then all the players should stand absolutley still on the spot for 10 seconds without saying anything, now that would freak out the opposition
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 11:07:39 PM »

Or real old skool ..... A firm handshake and a short word of congratulations from the skipper and a pat on the back if it's a real cracker.

Not far off - a short word of congratulations and miserable trudge back to the half way line.  Not sure it had the comedy value you were implying though

Number23

• Regular First Team
  • 23 of 100
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 12:04:08 AM »

Not far off - a short word of congratulations and miserable trudge back to the half way line.  Not sure it had the comedy value you were implying though

Nope. Even the "We're gonna win 5-4" song got looks of sympathy from the Salisbury lot. Not much to laugh about.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team