News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lets get our playoff push back on track tonight

Author Topic: Lets get our playoff push back on track tonight  (Read 1683 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 08:51:13 AM »

Theres a lot of football to be played yet,and two quick fire victories over eastbourne will change the picture within the chasing pack once again,its very important that we make the most of our next 3 games all against sides down near the bottom and wins on consecutive tuesdays when there isnt a full programme will make things a lot more interesting

taxi Phil

Re: Lets get our playoff push back on track tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 09:38:36 AM »

It's a big ask of any team to win 4 games in a row, but Eastbourne twice, Gateshead away, and Grays at home means we won't have a better chance of 12 points for a very long time. This would put us RIGHT in the mix, especially since, over the same period, a lot of the sides in the play off spots play each other !

Tonight :                Oxford v Rushden, York v Luton
Saturday :              Luton v Wimbledon, Mansfield v Rushden
A week tonight :     Mansfield v York, Oxford v Wimbledon
Saturday week :     Rushden v Kettering

By the end of the month we could be up to at least 8th. and above Mansfield (pleasure enough in itself). Confidence should then be high enough to give us the chance of a result at Wibledon on March 6th.

Forza Alty !

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 09:52:06 AM »

Exactly my point phil,there are a lot of points still to be won and lost by all the sides in the top half,weve only ever managed 3 wins on the spin since our return to the top flight,but this will be our best chance so far,if chester do get expunged and we do win our games in hand,things could look a hell of a lot different in a couple of weeks time

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »

To be in with a chance of the playoffs we need 9 points out of 12 over this period as an absolute minimum. To be in with a really good shot it really needs to be 12.

Eastbourne aren't just relegation fodder, they'll make it difficult for us without question. Still, we've got to be looking for all three points.

Jenga

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »

I am still dreaming of a top 10 finish.

Playoffs a touch too far for me, but the band wagon could be awesome and if it happens I will be well, words cant describe it to be honest.

jimmyhank

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 06:21:26 PM »

I still think that the paly off's are a bridge too far but let's get a win under our belts this evening and you never know...
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team