News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 with injuries and suspensions building up

Author Topic: with injuries and suspensions building up  (Read 2722 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 27, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »

We could do with a defender and or midfielder in on loan imo

VofD

Re: with injuries and suspensions building up
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »

We could do with better DISCIPLINE ffs. >:( >:(

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 04:58:42 PM »

V of d'd cup overunneth even though it be half empty....eth

brian1925

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »

Alas, we have 12 decent players and absolutely no squad depth whatsoever. For this reason there will always be teams in this league who will have an advantage over us and we will struggle to go up. Sounds to me like Moors were good value for their win today.

Bath Alty

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »

Our discipline today was excellent.  We were getting kicked pushed and pulled all over the place with no protection and he blew up for any contact from us.  By the end their players were just throwing themselves in front of us knowing we'd get the foul.  At one point Jake was pushed over by one, tried to keep his feet but was kicked by the second and gave away a freekick for tripping the third by falling in front of him.

Richman was held on the floor by his head after being fouled and teh ref gave them a freekick and didn't speak to the defender.  How we kept our discipline I'll never know.

Shaun pointing at the ref at the end was silly but (unusually for me) I can forgive him this time.

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 07:26:05 PM »

Our discipline today was excellent.  We were getting kicked pushed and pulled all over the place with no protection and he blew up for any contact from us.  By the end their players were just throwing themselves in front of us knowing we'd get the foul.  At one point Jake was pushed over by one, tried to keep his feet but was kicked by the second and gave away a freekick for tripping the third by falling in front of him.

Richman was held on the floor by his head after being fouled and teh ref gave them a freekick and didn't speak to the defender.  How we kept our discipline I'll never know.

Shaun pointing at the ref at the end was silly but (unusually for me) I can forgive him this time.

Total agreement. My views on the so-called official can be found elsewhere.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 07:29:33 PM »

probably time to recall grimshaw from his loan.

RocketDan

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2012, 07:39:31 PM »

I'd have to disagree - Running 30 yards across the pitch to scream at the linesmen, then run to the referee swearing at him is unacceptable.

As captain, Shaun should be setting a good example to the younger fans and be a leader for his team mates. Instead his petulant behaviour means he will be sidelined for three games.

Bath Alty

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »

He didn't run to the referee.  The ref ran to him, while he was in discussion with the liner.  I can't comment on Shaun's arrival at the liner as I didn't see that but the ref was going to book him as he arrived and Shaun then pointed at the ref as he walked away.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »

I'd have to disagree - Running 30 yards across the pitch to scream at the linesmen, then run to the referee swearing at him is unacceptable.

As captain, Shaun should be setting a good example to the younger fans and be a leader for his team mates. Instead his petulant behaviour means he will be sidelined for three games.
Three ? I'd have thought only one.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »

If its insulting or offensive (old foul and abusive) the usual tariff is three games

Bath Alty

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2012, 08:54:40 PM »

I guess pointing at the ref in an accusing way comes under that category - so it's three.  including Burton

markecky

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, 10:14:36 PM »

I guess pointing at the ref in an accusing way comes under that category - so it's three.  including Burton

Won't it start in 13 days?

Bath Alty

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »

oops you're right.  I was thinking the last suspension missed Burton by one match so this one would be caught - time traveling in the wrong direction.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team