Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This "Club Vote to Bin/Save Chester" Next Week...

Author Topic: This "Club Vote to Bin/Save Chester" Next Week...  (Read 4130 times)

markecky

« on: February 21, 2010, 10:45:17 AM »

I'm not sure its as cut and dried as it seems.

Clubs are gong to vote with their own points totals in mind.

Its rumoured that Mansfield will be voting to save them and have offered to loan them players for free to save their six points.

Its an interesting one for sure...

Dougals Dad

Re: This "Club Vote to Bin/Save Chester" Next Week...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »

The Conf board should have the guts to take responsibility over a decision like this.

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 10:58:47 AM »

Chester have 18 games left where the opposition should get 3 points and a boost to their GD.

They've beaten only 5 clubs who would gain if they were expunged.

75% majority needed.

Turkeys....voting....xmas.....?

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:24:40 PM »

I don't see how any club can vote to save Chester, or if they do, what benefit they will gain.

There is no way Chester can fulfil their remaining 18 fixtures this year, they cannot afford to pay the police, the coach company, or any of their staff (including the players). The only way the prohibition notice on their ground will be lifted is if they suddenly start paying their debts, which isn't going to happen.

They should have been put out of their misery when it became clear that they could not finish the season.
Mansfield  and others may vote to keep them in, it will make no difference as to whether or not Chester can fulfil their next fixture. They will have to be expelled at some stage this season whatever the result of this vote.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 12:27:36 PM by chesteralty »

markecky

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 12:48:03 PM »

I don't see how any club can vote to save Chester, or if they do, what benefit they will gain.

There is no way Chester can fulfil their remaining 18 fixtures this year, they cannot afford to pay the police, the coach company, or any of their staff (including the players). The only way the prohibition notice on their ground will be lifted is if they suddenly start paying their debts, which isn't going to happen.

They should have been put out of their misery when it became clear that they could not finish the season.
Mansfield  and others may vote to keep them in, it will make no difference as to whether or not Chester can fulfil their next fixture. They will have to be expelled at some stage this season whatever the result of this vote.

Sky Sports News reports that they have just been bought by a Danish consortium...

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 01:20:13 PM »

Is it a ploy by Chester to gain breathing space?
There is nothing on the Danes website

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 01:22:59 PM »

If the announcement came from the club I would be very suspicious!!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 01:26:04 PM »

Mansfield  and others may vote to keep them in, it will make no difference as to whether or not Chester can fulfil their next fixture. They will have to be expelled at some stage this season whatever the result of this vote.

Sky Sports News reports that they have just been bought by a Danish consortium...

Must be trying to save their bacon!

Coat! Coat! Where are you?

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »

The Conf board should have the guts to take responsibility over a decision like this.

Have the Board not done exactly that in recommending expulsion to its members? Isn't it the Conf's rules that state any such action needs to be ratified by a full meeting of all members? Ecky's point is that Clubs will as likely vote as to what is in their interests rather than 'what is right'. Very much like the FL clubs used to do come re-election time I seem to remember.

Narcissist

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »

It'll probably be the best takeover in the world.

At the risk of having to shield behind my coat do we really want Chester out of the league? Theyre getting relegated anyway, we got 4 points from them and it looks like the vaughans reign is all but over even without the danes.

I dont think their fans have enough fight left in them to get an AFC club thriving in the way others have, the extent of their debt doesnt appear (yet) to be ridiculous and Ive given up believing that theres a right and wrong in football and good will prevail.

I say leave them to it, if they can soldier to the end of the season then so be it, it would be great to playing Chester in the BSP in a couple of seasons in front of big crowds home and away. The Chester fans have suffered enough.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »

Have the Board not done exactly that in recommending expulsion to its members? Isn't it the Conf's rules that state any such action needs to be ratified by a full meeting of all members? Ecky's point is that Clubs will as likely vote as to what is in their interests rather than 'what is right'. Very much like the FL clubs used to do come re-election time I seem to remember.

Valid points, obviously, but what would happen if Chester are allowed to stay in the league, but are unable to fulfil their remaining fixtures??
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team