PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This needs sorting and quickly
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: This needs sorting and quickly  (Read 4888 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 16, 2008, 09:59:45 AM »

I cannot believe some people on here want to see us relegated so we can "compete" in the league below,its totally nonsensical.
I dont want to go back to playing in a f**king pub league, and no alty supporter should.Its alright being all romantic about trips to stalybridge amd hyde, but it'll mugs like me and not those advocating it that will be at f**king workington and blyth on a tuesday night.

Do people not realise what is at stake here? we will lose over £100,000k in TV money and sponsorship,and see the wage bill cut in half,would you rather see this on the away end
http://burscoughfc2383.fotopic.net/p49020719.html

Or 500 york fans?

We need to do whatever it takes to stay up in this final 8 games,no matter what,aslong as we stay up.And should we stay up we need to go full time in the summer,and start putting ourselves in the mix.Whats the point of a 70k profit if you go down? Weve been on a bad run for three years,yet crowds have risen,imgaine how they would have risen if we had been half decent?.I would like to re-start a scheme where people pay in, be it weekly or monthly, as little or as much as they can afford on a standing order,used as a "sponsorship" to help fund a fulltime squad of players.I hope other true fans would do the same.The club needs to decide this week where they want to go, its all very well having the best snack bar and toilets in the BSN, problem is, only 500 people will turn up to use them.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: This needs sorting and quickly
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 10:13:32 AM »

would a change of manager make a diff with 8 games to go ?

samba

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 10:18:58 AM »

Fantastic post Hughesy.  We really do need to stay up, and it's within our reach if we can start pulling results out the bag although I fear it's too late.

I think the key thing is the full time issue.  If we actually went full time there's no reason we can't do good in this league (look at Forest Green), we just need to be willing to take the risk with it.  I know we don't want to mess up financially again ala halifax/crawley/most BSP teams but I think if we're going to go forward as a club we're going to need to go full time.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 10:25:19 AM »

would a change of manager make a diff with 8 games to go ?

Quite possibly yes.

Its worked for other teams.

andyc

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »

Whether you want GH as manager or not the time has come for change. Whether we stay up or not we need fresh ideas from a management team who believe in the players ability. I don't want to watch my team go out week in week out trying to scrap for a 0-0 or nick a lucky 1-0. We deserve more and so do the players, it shows a total lack of confidence in them. A change of manager may yield a couple of good loan players and rejuvenate the squad by playing positively. There's 24 points to play for, lets go out and try and win them, teams will not be expecting it judging by the recent tactics. If we go down its going to be bloody hard to get back so lets not give it up, lets fight for it.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »

And whats more, do you people that want to be relegated honestly think we'll win a league that contains so many sides that will spend money on their team , cos I dont.Look at some of the names in here, clubs that will clearly outspend us as they always have done.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/conference_north_table/default.stm
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 12:02:38 PM by Hughesy »

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »

Agree we need to stay up this is the league we should be in,we do not have a right to be here it must be earned.I will not start knocking people for the teams performance they need people behind them .All this talk of change the manager after we get beat does NOT help either,how would you cope with GHs bubget and part timers in a league that i think has more money spent by 'the big teams than some 4th division teams,lets be realisitic do you not think Gh will give the players a rocket for under performing?
Harold

louise1925

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2008, 12:01:13 PM »

I'm not sure that anyone has said they want us to get relegated. I for one would be gutted, if we were relegated (as in previous years). I think a number of fans have realised that we are probably going down, so are trying to look on the bright side by suggesting life would be better in BSN. Everyone is hurting this morning and there have been some very angry posts. Contrary to what I was suggesting in some of my posts yesterday, I realise that all is not lost quite yet. However, it is going to require a new manager, or an enormous change in Mr. Heathcote's outlook to make things happen. More practically, it is going to take an attempt to get Tom Cahill back from rufc, or the appearance of another target man from God knows where! THREE home wins and at least ONE away win will probably be ok for us to finish at least 4th from bottom (maybe 5th from bottom depending on Northwich's results against Oxford and Cambridge).

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2008, 12:04:31 PM »

I'm not sure that anyone has said they want us to get relegated.

Read the other threads from last night, some people cant wait for us to be beating alfreton at home infront of 487

louise1925

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 12:12:01 PM »

Every player and every official employed by the club needs to decide if they are up for the fight which lies ahead in the coming weeks. If they are not, then they must go NOW. The same applies to us fans. If there are fans that feel it would be better for us to be relegated, then they must stay away from the club.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2008, 12:12:37 PM »

i'm getting a bit pissed off with people interpretting my posts as wanting to get relegated so i think i'll just stop posting on this board.

louise1925

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:03 PM »

UC, I understand what you were saying yesterday - I'm not sure why it has been interpreted so badly. I guess it is because everybody is so sore at the moment, so the best thing to do is just back the team and hope for the best.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »

i'm getting a bit pissed off with people interpretting my posts as wanting to get relegated so i think i'll just stop posting on this board.

Why not get some practice in on the Blue Square North Forum...?!
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Longman

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 01:21:58 PM »

Try reading your post back!  You'd "rather be winning at Southport, Hyde, Droylsden, Stalybridge and Telford than losing at Oxofrd, Exeter and Stevenage."  Think it's pretty fair to interprete that as a desire to be play in the Conference North rather than the Conference National!! 

"Longman, for me football isn't a my dick's bigger than yours competition. I'd rather be winning at Southport, Hyde, Droylsden, Stalybridge and Telford than losing at Oxford, Exeter and Stevenage."

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 01:44:33 PM »

I only read the first post from Hughesy, you have it spot on mate. This season most of my posts have been negative but it is only because I would go so under watching Alty in that shi*e league, especially when I know if we played the right formation with the correct players in their natural positions we would not be in this position. We are in the shi*t and like I have said for months things need changing starting with dropping under performing players, but saying this we now have no cover without the likes on Logan, Cahill, Potts etc... those players should have been given more of chance, it was hard with Potts as he was strugling with injury but I am sure he would be flying down that wing now !!! The likes of Peyton, Toulson, Aspinal, O'Neil have been given numerous opportunites and have under performed, actually a bit harsh they are just simply not good enough for the league they are in.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team