News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Season

Author Topic: This Season  (Read 2847 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
This Season
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »

Although we wont escape its important we start both competing and winning games.

Firstly we need to get a settled back four in place. Cyrus and Hannigan look like they're forming a decent partnership.  Both full backs failed to impress yesterday.  Patterson would be my preferred rb and its a toss up between McWilliams and Brownhill.

Likewise with Deasey and Dawber,  I dont think theres much to choose between them.  With an eye on next season Id probably give it to Dawber.

Too muddy the waters we looked more of a threat when we went with 3 cbs and wing backs.

Full time and proud of it

Mausoleum Alty

Re: This Season
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »

Although we wont escape its important we start both competing and winning games.

Firstly we need to get a settled back four in place. Cyrus and Hannigan look like they're forming a decent partnership.  Both full backs failed to impress yesterday.  Patterson would be my preferred rb and its a toss up between McWilliams and Brownhill.

Likewise with Deasey and Dawber,  I dont think theres much to choose between them.  With an eye on next season Id probably give it to Dawber.

Too muddy the waters we looked more of a threat when we went with 3 cbs and wing backs.

Dawber is nowhere near good enough and will be gone when his contract is up at the end of the season. Deasy is lacking in confidence but is a good keeper and is on a contract until the end of next season.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:54:32 PM »

So basically what you are saying is that our best option in defence is to go back to the defence who have got us into this position in the first place?  :)
We're doomed...

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 03:02:42 PM »

Yes.  But keep the same 4 there if possible
Full time and proud of it

Matt Taylor

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »

Dawber is nowhere near good enough and will be gone when his contract is up at the end of the season. Deasy is lacking in confidence but is a good keeper and is on a contract until the end of next season.

End of next season? We didn't have a manager in place when we re-signed Deasy, so who made the decision to start dishing out two year contracts?

Deasy has shown before that he is a quality keeper when everything is going well for him (confident, injury free etc), but I can't help thinking that he is still living off the first half of last season at the moment. I wouldn't be sorry to see him leave again in May.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »

End of next season? We didn't have a manager in place when we re-signed Deasy, so who made the decision to start dishing out two year contracts?

Deasy has shown before that he is a quality keeper when everything is going well for him (confident, injury free etc), but I can't help thinking that he is still living off the first half of last season at the moment. I wouldn't be sorry to see him leave again in May.

I presume the chairman mate. I believe that Tim Deasy,Tom Hannigan and Nicky Clee are all under contract until the end of next season.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Season