Crowds
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Crowds  (Read 3218 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crowds
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2024, 07:16:26 PM »

Average crowd of 2295 for the season if football web pages have included today.Best for 50 plus years ?

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances

I calculate that the average attendance for our 23 league games this season is 2,339.

Last season it was 2,114.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2024, 07:19:01 PM »

Thats a great increase and believe away attendee's are down on last season, so even more amazing.

Interesting to see how much down.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2024, 07:25:44 PM »

With the coaches (non refundable) being full and tickets selling fast, is anyone else (non season ticket holder) concerned they may not get a ticket for this when they go on general sale tomorrow?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2024, 07:30:54 PM »

With the coaches (non refundable) being full and tickets selling fast, is anyone else (non season ticket holder) concerned they may not get a ticket for this when they go on general sale tomorrow?

Allocation of 800 has been mentioned ?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2024, 07:32:52 PM »

I thought it was 650+50. Apparently we'd sold nearly 400 an hour ago. Not looking great for those without tickets.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2024, 07:47:00 PM »

Not looking great for those without tickets.

Especially as it's All Ticket 🎫!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2024, 07:47:57 PM »

Average crowd of 2295 for the season if football web pages have included today.Best for 50 plus years ?

I calculate that the average attendance for our 23 league games this season is 2,339.

You are right ,must have been without the Oxford attendance. Now stated as 2340

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2024, 09:24:24 PM »

Absolutely superb. Must have grown by about 1,500 since Parkys first season. Imagine even 2-3 years ago telling someone we’d get 3,300 in for a home game against Oxford City. If we are still a NL team next season then think we must aim for a 2,500 average. Think we could be less secretive about our ST sales & really push that too. No reason we shouldn’t have 1000 in August.The big elephant in the room of course is that with growing attendances must come improved spectating facilities off the pitch. Especially if the unthinkable happens…

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2024, 09:33:42 PM »

Everyone who wants one will get one is still my view. I suspect a lot of non ST-holders & LoyALTY members have been sorted out today by mates with the right accesses. We’ve still got another 300 to sell. Think people have just got a bit giddy because we are not used to this kind of scenario. Does show people for a club who expect to be banging on the door of the EFL that there’s every incentive to buy a ST.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2024, 09:35:42 PM »

Yes. I wonder how many season ticket 🎫 holders we have currently?
Surely the figure would be much higher than previously - and certainly I thought we could have "swanked" about it to encourage more to buy them.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2024, 08:17:11 AM »

I think there will be some available at 12:30 as everyone that was able to sort one would have done it by now - this morning won't change things.

A lot of more enterprising non-ST holders will have been sorted amongst that lot too.

Wouldn't wait much beyond 12:30 though!

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2024, 08:54:59 AM »

Well, I'm without and waiting for 12.30.

Talking of season tickets I spotted on Facebook that Chesterfield have already sold 4000 season tickets for next season. Good support.

I also saw on facebook a post about the attendances in the late eighties. Most of the Div 4 clubs were surviving on fewer than 3000 fans. Even Wimbledon in the 1st Div only averaged 7000. How times change.

StaffsAlty

• Youth Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2024, 09:02:01 AM »

Just wondering if those non-ST holders who bought tickets for the ‘Fax game will be offered Bromley ticket rather than a refund. ?

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2024, 09:14:28 AM »

Just wondering if those non-ST holders who bought tickets for the ‘Fax game will be offered Bromley ticket rather than a refund. ?

That's a great imaginative idea 💡.
Not sure if we've got the organisation (with a small "o") to be able to do that. I'd think it would be more difficult than it at first seems.

PS you know me though - I could be totally wrong 🙄 😊

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2024, 11:07:57 AM »

I would think the logic behind the no refund policy was to prevent anyone taking up a seat and then at the death changing their minds and leaving a seat vacant that could have been sold to someone else.
I don't think the 300 left will move as quickly as the first 400 because STH could buy two tickets each.
I'd like to think we wouldn't be insisting anyone travel to Bromley without having a match ticket through no fault of their own because they are sold out.
To show no consideration to someone in that position who is already disappointed wouldn't be best practice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crowds