News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its just incredible

Author Topic: Its just incredible  (Read 2683 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Its just incredible
« on: March 18, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »

Why is our "skint" different to everybody elses "skint" Weymouth have stayed up in the northwest since sunday night in a hotel rather than head home and back up again.It f**king beggars belief.They were going under two weeks ago!

Knutsford Alty

Re: Its just incredible
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:33 PM »

Does it really matter where they are staying?  I think we have enough problems of our own at the moment.

Perhaps jibe an odd finger at the end of a 'successful' season!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »

Does it really matter where they are staying?  I think we have enough problems of our own at the moment.

Perhaps jibe an odd finger at the end of a 'successful' season!!

Of course it matters, you've got clubs wanting to sell their stadium (for the 2nd time in 20 years) to stave off goign to the wall and they see staying in hotel rather than make the 3 hour trip home is a neccesity??? Much like Crawley travelling around in cars yet still have a decent squad of players.Its all to cock this f**king league.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:02:31 PM »

Weymouth and Crawley can make the trip on a pony and trap.  All we should be concerned about is Altrincham gaining enough points to stay in this league, let others worry about themselves.  We can still stay up, there is enough games left.

Sorry to disagree Hughesy.

le bignose

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »

I dont know why you dont agree or at least see where Hughesy's coming from ........

All he's saying is how come clubs in this league, so called "skint" clubs, on the verge of going under, can still splash out on trivia luxuries ............ and comparing it to us, who are so called in the same boat or were but cant afford a pot to piss in!! (yer i know we can ...... we're biulding the new state of the art bogs which will help progress the team  ;))

He isnt saying lets point all our concerntration to the matters of other clubs finiancial woes but just making a valid point about how we class ourselves skint, cant afford players, hotels, pots to piss in, but similar clubs still cruise round like their league teams

To me i dont know how they do it ............

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 01:14:47 PM »

Weymouth and Crawley can make the trip on a pony and trap.  All we should be concerned about is Altrincham gaining enough points to stay in this league, let others worry about themselves.  We can still stay up, there is enough games left.

Sorry to disagree Hughesy.

So because we cant afford it and have some principal we go to torquay and back on a tuesday and do the same journey to exeter on the saturday,effecting the players with all the travelling, yet they can gain a distinct advantage by having a training camp up here for 3 days although they havent got a pot to piss in? Sounds fair to me  ???

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »

Hughesy life aint fair fullstop.  If it was Alty would be a league club years back but thats old ground.

Teams in the non-league have overspent for years and years, including ourselves in the past.  It goes with the territory, its daft I know.

Narcissist

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »

Perhaps we could have stayed for a couple of days if we didnt have players going to work on mondays.

I do agree though. This league needs more regulation, its a disgrace how most clubs are run. It makes no difference but im proud of our stance.

le bignose

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 01:30:55 PM »

Perhaps we could have stayed for a couple of days if we didnt have players going to work on mondays.

I do agree though. This league needs more regulation, its a disgrace how most clubs are run. It makes no difference but im proud of our stance.

Couldnt agree more!!! Regardless how inbalanced regulations and teams are, you got to admire how this club is run, and the foundations its built on!! But its fustrating with the results we have to put up with you think why cant we losen the purse strings more on the team ......... throw caution to the wind!! Its the risk factor (wrote with my trouser wasteband pulled up above my belly button!!! )

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 01:31:14 PM »

The fact that these things happen - and gall most people on here - just makes it more vital that we ignore it all until the end of the season when, hopefully, we've done enough to stay up and the gambles they've taken with all their dodgy dealings and lack of financial prudence will start to kick in.
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Butty

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 01:33:40 PM »

I agree with both sides on here actually. It is ridiculous that teams get away with things like this, but we have to get our heads down and get on with life.

Narcissist

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 01:44:27 PM »

Part of me would love to throw caution to it and spend a couple of seasons just going mental climbing up the table and being able to go everywhere knowing we could win easily. The crowds would go up a bit and the threads on here might be a bit more lighthearted for a while.

But then I remember where we've come from. Thats the same place it will end for all of these clubs eventually as we are seeing one by one. A place we need to be content with knowing we won't be visiting again any time soon.

Weymouth/Halifax/Crawley/Woking/Grays/Oxford and any number of other clubs in this league and the ones above and below will be visiting that place over the next few years and for them football will come second in priority. Im delighted that we only have on the field problems these days, its great.

markecky

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

How about we can be concerned about more than one thing at once?

I will do everything possible to support the players to keep the team up

I also agree with Hughsey, the way these clubs are run is nothing short of scandalous.

Graham Bennetts Perm

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

If I was the hotelier I'd make sure I had the payment in advance! Could be just another in a long line of creditors.........
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Its just incredible