News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 on my way to weymouth

Author Topic: on my way to weymouth  (Read 1826 times)

letsbyavenue

on my way to weymouth
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »

Here's hoping we have to go to weymouth on the last day to get a result to keep us up. If it happens there will be about 500 going down and with the right result will be just like winning a cup final. At least there's some interest left in the season and we are not in midtable boredom. As for the continuing debate on GH has he or has he not been one of the prime movers in Altys recent encouragement of local junior football: therein lies the future. Doubt whether Sven or Sir Al cud do better with the same resources.

Alty365

Re: on my way to weymouth
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:06 AM »

As for the continuing debate on GH has he or has he not been one of the prime movers in Altys recent encouragement of local junior football

As brilliant as the junior football initiative is for the club (and let's be fair it is fantastic to see) it has no bearing on the competence of the first team manager.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 12:32:09 PM »

Weymouth.

I URGE all to book now and go down and support the lads... We could be safe, we may need a win\or a draw or (god forbid) we could be down but its the last game of the season and Weymouth is always a good weekend and show the club that they have a set of fans that don't just moan all the time (as people think) but support, and love the club..

SUPPORT THE LADS. YOU NEED THE BAD TO APPRECIATE THE GOOD AFTERALL !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

Here's hoping we have to go to weymouth on the last day to get a result to keep us up. If it happens there will be about 500 going down and with the right result will be just like winning a cup final. At least there's some interest left in the season and we are not in midtable boredom. As for the continuing debate on GH has he or has he not been one of the prime movers in Altys recent encouragement of local junior football: therein lies the future. Doubt whether Sven or Sir Al cud do better with the same resources.

Does anyone else admit to liking the sound of this elusive and mysterious "midtable boredom"....?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 01:29:45 PM »

Remember going to Bower fold and the programme pined for midtable mediocrity!
I'd take a bit of that right now!  ::)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 on my way to weymouth