News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attacking football

Author Topic: Attacking football  (Read 1778 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Attacking football
« on: March 16, 2008, 12:04:58 AM »

I did not go today and have not gone to the last two home games as its stressing me too much. Maybe I have no right to comment because I have not been but I still speak to a few friends who have beene. I have said all season we need to attack, if we don't we will go down, it is as simple as that. People will say we will end up losing by more but don't people realise we HAVE to SCORE GOALS to win, why not try and get a lead. Last home game I believe we had a right back on the wing ( Lane ) and Peyton on the left, what are we going to produce with those two. Also I believe O'Neil started he won't get goals and there has not been many games we have won we him starting, just look at the facts. Lets stop this tactical bo**ocks and go at teams, I honestly think some of the team selections this season have been crazy. Everyone knows what I thought about Carlos Logan but to be honest I knew an exciting player with skill and ability wouldn't be given the chance, because in certain people's eye's he was too risky. Well we need to take some gambles now or we are going down. Again I would rather see us attack than keep losing by a goal or two, if we lose by more than so be it, we have to at least give it a go and it has to be 4-4-2. The football we have played this season has been shocking apart from a handful of games. My team for the next home game would be

1) Coburn

RB) Lane
CB) Shotton
CB) Young
LB) Lynch ( so gutting losing Jennings )

RW ) Roca ( give him a go, why not ??? )
LW) Peyton (  Peyton is so average and people need to see it, the amount of balls he gives away is untrue but we have no-one else )
CM ) Lawton
CM ) King

CF) Little
CF ) Senior

We are in desperate need of wingers and a striker, plus a fit Val Owen ( we have missed him so much, on his day he breaks up play better than anyone I have seen in the conference ). If we had Cahill still, I would have dropped Peyton and played Senior RW and Roca LW. As for Tinson he makes far too many mistakes and is too slow, we need Shots back in the centre which is his natural position and is better than Tinson. Lane is by far our best right back not a bloody right winger !!!! Play people in their natural and best positions, get some wide men and Val back !!!

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking football
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 01:57:16 AM »

Good line up that- can sum it up as:

play your best players in their best positions!

It's not rocket science, just give them a chance to play.

chrisrufc

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2008, 02:19:46 AM »

1) Coburn

RB) Lane
CB) Shotton
CB) Tinson
LB) Lynch ( not seen him yet though)

RW ) Battersby
LW) Roca
CM ) Lawton
CM ) King

CF) Little
CF ) Senior (I still don't know why Cahill has gone back)

Longman

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2008, 12:56:28 PM »

I did not go today and have not gone to the last two home games as its stressing me too much. Maybe I have no right to comment because I have not been but I still speak to a few friends who have beene. I have said all season we need to attack, if we don't we will go down, it is as simple as that. People will say we will end up losing by more but don't people realise we HAVE to SCORE GOALS to win, why not try and get a lead. Last home game I believe we had a right back on the wing ( Lane ) and Peyton on the left, what are we going to produce with those two. Also I believe O'Neil started he won't get goals and there has not been many games we have won we him starting, just look at the facts. Lets stop this tactical bo**ocks and go at teams, I honestly think some of the team selections this season have been crazy. Everyone knows what I thought about Carlos Logan but to be honest I knew an exciting player with skill and ability wouldn't be given the chance, because in certain people's eye's he was too risky. Well we need to take some gambles now or we are going down. Again I would rather see us attack than keep losing by a goal or two, if we lose by more than so be it, we have to at least give it a go and it has to be 4-4-2. The football we have played this season has been shocking apart from a handful of games. My team for the next home game would be

1) Coburn

RB) Lane
CB) Shotton
CB) Young

LW) Peyton (  Peyton is so average and people need to see it, the amount of balls he gives away is untrue but we have no-one else )
CM ) Lawton
CM ) King

CF) Little
CF ) Senior

We are in desperate need of wingers and a striker, plus a fit Val Owen ( we have missed him so much, on his day he breaks up play better than anyone I have seen in the conference ). If we had Cahill still, I would have dropped Peyton and played Senior RW and Roca LW. As for Tinson he makes far too many mistakes and is too slow, we need Shots back in the centre which is his natural position and is better than Tinson. Lane is by far our best right back not a bloody right winger !!!! Play people in their natural and best positions, get some wide men and Val back !!!

I agree with this post almost word for word.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2008, 11:59:35 PM »

1) Coburn

RB) Lane
CB) Shotton
CB) Young

CM ) Lawton
CM ) King

CF) Little
CF ) Senior

I too find myself agreeing almost totally with this, particularly with your defensive selection.

I wonder (and wondering is free) whether we'd have conceded so many without Tinson at the back all season? I know that there is no way of telling and I'll admit that he WAS an exceptional defender once...but we signed him about two years too late and persevered with him for far too long...yet still people tell me he's the best centre back in the Conference??????

My only major point of difference is Warren Peyton. With the squad we have I'd have him in every week because of his athleticism, enthusiasm and versatility....he really cannot be as bad as you suggest but then people will say that Tinson can't be as bad as I say won't they?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Attacking football