PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grays v Alty Match Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Grays v Alty Match Thread  (Read 29921 times)

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Grays v Alty Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2009, 05:17:38 AM »

No I dont agree.
Being a ref is a thankless job and I do have some sympathy. As a Coach myself, I am occassionally asked to ref local matches when they have no ref - and I do not like being a Ref. I am not fit enough to keep up with play for 90mins, not good at making split second decisions and do not have 2 proper assistants to run the line and help me. And I dont pretend to be able to do so.
I object to Conference referees that are not consistant with decisions and are one sided. They perform badly on a weekly basis and while this is permitted they will continue to do so. In most jobs if you do not reach the required standard you dont last very long no matter how honest your intentions are (unless you are a Banker).
Yesterday that clown only gave decisions our way in the last 10 minutes, as if to rectify his incompetance for the previous 80 minutes and also at Oxford. Supporters go to watch the performance of players not theatrical officials who think they have the star role.
I would also point out that on the Stevenage post I mentioned I thought the ref had a good game, which some of you did not share the same opinion.
However the biggest problem yesterday was that we performed badly.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2009, 10:39:26 AM »

The biggest problem yesterday was that we were the opposite of what we were at Kettering. From about 20-70 minutes there we performed well, yesterday the exact opposite.

The referee was no worse than most conference refs and didn't influence the game however discipline seems to have lapsed somewhat and we seem to be haraunging refs now. Densmore, in particular needs to curb it, his bookinsgs aren't a fluke. Also Danylyk was tereading a very fine line yesterday in regards to staying on the pitch (particulalry with a ref who had sent him off last month!)

We need to get back to concentrating on our jobs.

Yesterday was just a bad day at the office I hope, we have 4 home games now to reset ourselves.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »

Simple solution, put our chances away.

Too many times this season have chances been spurned in front of goal. It is obvious that Graham Barrow in his summing up of the game in the NLP concurs that our finishing lacks the edge that other teams have.

We need to take chances and kill games off. As for going down, I still feel that Alty will gather enough points and the sides below are not particularly closing the gap when we falter.

tottenham alty

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »

Ask yourself the question - would Alty perform better in southern away games by getting a good night's sleep and preparing properly, or sitting in a traffic jam on the motorway?

The money is money well spent, we may be part-time but must try and be as professional as possible to compete in this league.

** Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 08:31:58 PM by tottenham alty »

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 10, 2009, 11:42:07 PM »

I object to Conference referees that are not consistant with decisions and are one sided. They perform badly on a weekly basis and while this is permitted they will continue to do so. In most jobs if you do not reach the required standard you dont last very long no matter how honest your intentions are (unless you are a Banker).
Yesterday that clown only gave decisions our way in the last 10 minutes, as if to rectify his incompetance for the previous 80 minutes and also at Oxford. Supporters go to watch the performance of players not theatrical officials who think they have the star role.
However the biggest problem yesterday was that we performed badly.

[/quote]

As I have said on a number of occasions a Referee at Conference level who performs badly WILL be removed from the list of Conference Officials. It happens and I could give examples.

Yet again the easy option is to blame the officials for the fact we lost.

Refreshing to note however that there is a concession that we may not have been the better team
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grays v Alty Match Thread