PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad Builder thread 2013-14
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

Author Topic: Squad Builder thread 2013-14  (Read 28790 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Squad Builder thread 2013-14
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2013, 09:32:41 PM »

I'd like to see a signing centre mid was a weak position bar bosh

agree although richman and moult are ok

swayingdave

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2013, 09:35:28 PM »

I dont understand the slating Rodgers gets because he is very good  ball winner

Jimmy

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:38 PM »

Difference between slating and not believing you can win a leauge with a player if we were a team that at best could only make playoffs then he would be good enough in my opinion

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »

Difference between slating and not believing you can win a leauge with a player if we were a team that at best could only make playoffs then he would be good enough in my opinion
Carl was ever present in the Telford side that got promoted from BSN 3 years ago. Bang goes your theory.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:25:05 AM by PukkaPieman »

Jimmy

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »

3 years ago can be a long time in football I'm going of what i see not the past
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:32:04 PM by Jimmy »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2013, 10:50:54 PM »

Carl is an excellent holding midfielder and provides good defensive cover. Did you miss Burton away, and several games towards the end of the season when he won MOM several times. OK so his passing can be wayward but with Bosh there he has flourished.

Bath Alty

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2013, 10:53:59 PM »

Looking good now

Coburn
Densmore  Havern Leather  Doughty
Richman Boshell Moult Clee
     Walshaw  Reeves

Subs Reid, Rogers, Lawrie, Perry, ??

Need creative RM so Richmman moves to CM and Moult to the bench (remember how pleased we were we he signed permanently and now he's on the bench!) and that's our match day 16.

Any of back four need replacing and Rogers comes on at CB and Leather moves as needed.
New RM , Richman, Boshell need replacing Moult or Rogers comes on (Richman to RM)
Clee replaced by Perry (if he can play LM as suggested)
Walshaw, Reeves replaced by Perry
Lawrie gives a reasonable option for front two or a change of system, he played a free role up front a couple of times or a winger at a push.

Clearly need more defensive cover ideally a LB / CB option as I prefer Leather at CB or RB.  Maybe one of each to get to 18.

markecky

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:33 PM »

I'm hoping Rob Gilroy is involved with the first team in pre season to see how he fits in, heard very good things about him.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »

I'm hoping Rob Gilroy is involved with the first team in pre season to see how he fits in, heard very good things about him.

Ssssshhhhh.

Jimmy

« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2013, 11:27:08 PM »

Carl is an excellent holding midfielder and provides good defensive cover. Did you miss Burton away, and several games towards the end of the season when he won MOM several times. OK so his passing can be wayward but with Bosh there he has flourished.
yes I missed burton away and every  game I just say we should get a better player for a laugh
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:54:31 PM by Jimmy »

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2013, 11:39:35 PM »

The issue with Rogers is that we don't know what his deal is. For all we know he might only be on £150 a week.

Rogers isn't good enough to start every game in a side that wants to win the league. However, he probably could do a job as cover or playing in games against more physical sides.

If he's not on loads of money this isn't a bad option. If we could bring in a better replacement for similar wages then he's not a good option.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:57:57 PM by Jimmy Hill »
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

bighairedmike

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2013, 12:10:06 AM »

Carl was ever present in the Telford side that won the BSN 3 years ago. Bang goes your theory.

Actually, they won the playoffs against Guiseley. Mr Trainer (an Alty target the summer before, so I believe,) scored the winning goal towards injury time. Joe O'Neill definitely played in that Guiseley side, and I'm sure Warren Peyton was in that side too, but not 100% on that one. :)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2013, 12:15:20 AM »

Carl was ever present in the Telford side that won the BSN 3 years ago. Bang goes your theory.

Actually, they won the playoffs against Guiseley. Mr Trainer (an Alty target the summer before, so I believe,) scored the winning goal towards injury time. Joe O'Neill definitely played in that Guiseley side, and I'm sure Warren Peyton was in that side too, but not 100% on that one. :)

Warren Peyton played in that game, as did Danny Boshell and James Walshaw.

Joe O'Neill came on as a substitute.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

bighairedmike

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2013, 12:25:49 AM »

Warren Peyton played in that game, as did Danny Boshell and James Walshaw.

Joe O'Neill came on as a substitute.

Cheers for that Cult, had no idea about Bosh and "Wally" but was almost certain on the other two. My mate at Uni was/is a Telford fan and showed me the highlights of the final on YouTube and I told him all about Joe and Warren. Really looking forward to Telford next year, a decent place for a few beers and they seem to have gone about relegation the right way; getting in an experienced manager at this level and allowing him to use his knowledge and contacts for signings that are what you need to get out of this division.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2013, 07:23:07 AM »

If we could bring in a better replacement for similar wages then he's not a good option.

In fairness, the same could be said of any player.
Come on Alty!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Squad Builder thread 2013-14