News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message to the cult

Author Topic: Message to the cult  (Read 1231 times)

Jezza

Message to the cult
« on: October 17, 2007, 12:22:17 PM »

Dear Mr Cult

Thanks for your suggestion STAR funds a statue in honour of the great Ian Tunnicliffe outside Moss lane.

May I suggest you offically propose this motion at the STAR AGM on the appropriate form that will be enclosed with the AGM notice (it will need seconding which you may or may not find a problem with).

I'm sure this will add some fun to the proceedings but it should be pointed out that a statue of Ian will cost considerably more in bronze that a statue of (say) Gary Scott and should your motion get passed then strictly speaking according to the rules STAR will be legally obliged and bound to carry out the wishes of the membership as ratified by the meeting which may be a bit dangerous and wouldn't please the club who I'm sure need the money much more!!!

I think the STAR Board retains the right not to put forward motions that are considered inappropriate but it may be worth a try?

Your faithful servant.............

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Message to the cult
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:35:14 PM »

If money's an issue (and it always is) the statue doesn't have to be life-sized!  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message to the cult