PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: heathcote  (Read 4847 times)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: heathcote
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 11:58:36 PM »

run by a supporters trust

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well done . You've raised a smile on my face.

Gary et al,

I have suffered sufficient abuse for sticking by my beliefs as to who the primary stakeholders in a football club are and who should be able to be heard to go into great length or engage in protracted arguments about the pro and cons of whether any Club should be run by a Trust (Personally I don't think it's the perfect model for every Club,some yes, but not every)

However I would have to highlight the achievements of, at a higher level than us Swansea and Stockport County, and at a lower level AFC Wimbledon and FCUM in achieving either promotion or a play off position.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:37 AM »

We now have to hope enough money is free'd upto get a decent team together?

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 12:27:43 AM »

Dino, you don't speak for me you prat,I'm 43 yrs a loyal supporter, and proud that Alty is run the way it is. I'll be there on 10th May to celebrate our heritage... and maybe if I live long enough in 2028 for the 50th.
Alty til I die
Community and family club, GH can lose it some days, but he cares, GG cares and we'll still be around of donkey's years, even if in BSN, in another 5 years a good few BSP teams will have gone for ever.
Remember Maidstone? Aldershot Town? etc..
keep the faith,
Up the Robins!

I don't think Aldershot Town was the best analogy that you could have made!

The Board deserve respect for their financial results in recent years but I'm afraid that when it comes to football matters and decisions, judgment is clouded by an air of nepotism that hovers over Moss Lane.

36 years of watching Alty.....but I don't think that I've ever felt as alienated from the club as I do today.

When Maunders left, I thought that we would never again see the day when one individual could dictate what happens at the club.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 12:30:48 AM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Jezza

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2008, 04:23:53 AM »

Re the Trust

My feelings about the trust have always been that I'd have thought the club board (who we have all agreed till we're blue in the face have done a brill job chaps) would appreciate at least one shareholder prepared to work with the board and from a genuine feeling of working togetherness and being valued the usual £10k a year raised by the supporters every year could at least double and a whole sense of belonging to the club would provide a real spur and incentive to the supporters.

At the time we had a load of shareholders whose only input to the club was "don't ask me" or "shut the door" or "can I have my money back please"...I thought the club would appreciate at least one shareholder backing them who really wanted to work with the board and dreamt of the time we maybe had about 5 or 6 major shareholders all working hard and all putting in about £20k to the club per season which would give us the extra £100k pa to compete....perhaps the presence of the trust would encourage the elusive business people out of the woodwork.

My perception is I was wrong, the club just want the £10k pa and any further input was interference...and any further input can be anything to the fact we held a few shares to asking for specific projects to raise money for as a specific project or end goal does tend to increase amounts raised.

A Trust could have been a real benefit to Alty and for a time was ....what company wouldn't want it's workers truelly involved? Unfortunatly I don't think enough people embraced this idea nor was my idea of the way a trust would work at alty universally shared by supporters and club officials alike.

It is insulting to be told you do not have the expertise to take over the club (even though we had no intention of taking over the club see the paranoia in work) when we have previous directors involved in the trust as well as succesful business people who are alty mad but are quite capable of running their businesses.....I won't name them, we must all know at least one person who would make a fine Alty FC director.

So the message is...we're running it....just turn up and watch the match and give us money but we will then trun round and be horrified if you so much as you ask out of interest what the money is being spent on.

On that basis I turn up occasionally 'for work' but do not feel invovled or valued enough to throw so much as £1 in the bucket I'm afraid.....but the lads who do the buckets do a fantastic job and I would encourage anyone to make up for my disgraceful decision not to contribute!!!

Maybe I'm wrong....can't change my feelings though.

It's your club....just don't interfere though.

C'mon Alty!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote