PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: heathcote  (Read 4849 times)

dino

heathcote
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »

thats a disgraceful decision.....99% of supporters want him out. At least the chairman now has his wish of playing BSN and quite frankly Rowleys comments prior to the Weymouth game were shameful. The real fans who are the future of this club should unite and challenge that decision....the clubs interests would be better served if it was run by a supporters trust

Dougals Dad

Re: heathcote
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:36:23 PM »

thats a disgraceful decision.....99% of supporters want him out. At least the chairman now has his wish of playing BSN and quite frankly Rowleys comments prior to the Weymouth game were shameful. The real fans who are the future of this club should unite and challenge that decision....the clubs interests would be better served if it was run by a supporters trust

Really?

JT

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 05:43:58 PM »

I'm struggling to find one part of this post which i agree with....

altyf

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »

That is a disgraceful post...

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 06:03:18 PM »

What planet are you from mate?
 Dino Zodd. ???

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 06:12:53 PM »

run by a supporters trust

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well done . You've raised a smile on my face.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »

I thought the same thing mate.

Knowing how crazy the club is at the moment the board will probably resign en masse on the back of Dino's post anyway

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

Where has 99% been derived from?
ParkINson's red and white army

footiefan

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »

99%? crazy!!!   I hope the community link also meant the start of a reserve set up? :)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 06:29:10 PM »

99%? crazy!!!   I hope the community link also meant the start of a reserve set up? :)

a reserve set up and a promise of a bsp type budget whichever league we are in

dino

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2008, 08:48:08 PM »

i just hope they rewarded him with a 3 year rolling contract and maintain his full time status.

We deserve all we get now, and i will give ecky and wazza until christmas before they they are back on here questioning his capabilities.

it would be suicide to start spending more now, as gates will drop to 500 in BSN. the horse has well and truly bolted!

basil falty

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »

at  the end of the day, we won't know what league we're in until early June so recruiting a decent manager may be  a problem- the board are not going to risk the potential demands for new players, money etc

they will stick with what they know -at least GH can retain alot of the squad ( he'll have to add some quality)- and they'll just hope for better performance next season

Problem is, if we are in BSN and we are mid table- would the board get rid or if we're dead botton in BSP - the change would need to be before xmas

basically its make or break for GH- lets get behind him- I reckon its 50/50 split on the fans opinions at the moment

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »

basically its make or break for GH- lets get behind him

Couldn't agree more.
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

mortlakebob

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2008, 11:17:40 PM »

interesting gamble.
sticking with a manager that a sizeable minority (at least) of the supporters don't want anymore.
I just hope it doesnt back-fire.
It puts an awful lot of pressure on in Aug and Sep if we dont' start the season well - we'll have the whole debate all over again. Groundhog day at the lane!

To be fair, lets wait for a proper statement or interview with Goodwin/Rowley/Burns for the reasons.

Just want to put a question out there.
Is it realistic that 50 supporters or businessmen in the town might put in £10,000 each into the club  -create a £500,000 pot for the next 5 years to protect the club and allow a more ambitious approach.
maybe associate directors with influence on decision making but alongside some of the currrent board.
Is this feasible?
Not sure how this would work in terms of owning shares etc?
But imagine how a sum of money like that as a safety net, could allow a push on to the next stage.
 I reckon crowds of 1500-1800 could be realistic if we had a side that could threaten the play-off places - presumably bringing the money back in that has been used to strengthen the team.
I'm not talking about wild gambles, but some calculated risk taking with a safety net underpinning things.

JackSwindells No 1 Fan

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 11:19:34 PM »

Dino, you don't speak for me you prat,I'm 43 yrs a loyal supporter, and proud that Alty is run the way it is. I'll be there on 10th May to celebrate our heritage... and maybe if I live long enough in 2028 for the 50th.
Alty til I die
Community and family club, GH can lose it some days, but he cares, GG cares and we'll still be around of donkey's years, even if in BSN, in another 5 years a good few BSP teams will have gone for ever.
Remember Maidstone? Aldershot Town? etc..
keep the faith,
Up the Robins!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote