News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Long Shot

Author Topic: Long Shot  (Read 1575 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Long Shot
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:07:17 PM »

If Ebbsfleets takeover goes through by myfootball club and the peoples club take over kidderminster, is it possible that a few people would be members of both?  If this is the case what happens when they play each other?  Technically this could mean that you could have a situation that a group of "controllers" could try and throw a game, surely this situation shouldnt happen and the appropriate course of action if it is found that at least one person is a member of both would be that the FA should remove them from the BSP.
To overcome the shortage of numbers I would suggest that only two clubs were relegated this year.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
Re: Long Shot
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:29:17 PM »

I guess it depends on what is classed as "ownership".  Those two organisations are effectively holding companies with many individual shareholders.  If we had a Stephen Vaughan scenario a la Chester and Barrow then it might be different.

On a similar theme, how many of those people who are involved with myfootballclub etc own shares in their own favourite club, or in a supporters trust which has shares in another club?

Its a can of worms - I can't see anything happening.

Foz

Re: Long Shot
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »

This occured to me, if any person owning 50% of a conference club was also a member of Myfootballclub. They would have involvement in two entities that own 50% of two different clubs. However, Myfootballclub is a seperate entity, and not under their sole control so I don't think they would break the rules. Though, it would depend on the exact wording of the rules!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Long Shot