PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Aldershot  (Read 6398 times)

bumble

Aldershot
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:54:19 PM »

Lots of possession. Few clear cut chances. Own goal to win it.

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Re: Aldershot
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 06:02:22 PM »

Couldn't tell who scored , in fact dont care who it was , three valuable points , great save by the old man Stu to keeps us in game , bring on the Macc .

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »

Brilliant 3 points and another clean sheet! We weren't fantastic today but organisation was spot on and we manage to do enough against a stubborn Aldershot side who I thought were very good defensively.

Mention for Lee Sinnott too, thought he made exactly the right call bringing Perry and Lawrie on to give us something different up top as we were running out of ideas a bit before then. Similarly well done to Stu for another fantastic save near the end to give us all 3 points. Not the first time he's done it this year.

Buzzing with the win. Bring on Macc!

T.C

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2015, 06:35:59 PM »

great win again today, 4 league wins on the bounce, i would imagine its been a fair time since we last achived that in the top flight ?

eightiesrobin

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 07:15:03 PM »

Have to be happy with the result.

I thought it was a poor game. A hell of a lot of misplaced passes from both teams, and our energy levels looked low in the first half.  Still, it's always nice to be able to "win ugly", as it can only build confidence in the players. Two very good saves at the end from Stuart, and Kyle's header was a beauty, shame it didn't count.

I don't know what can be done about Gillespie - he looked a broken man today.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 07:55:14 PM »

A great win against a side that got a lot tactically right, played very deep (a compliment to us) and made it hard for us to create chances. I think it's a disgrace that lee sinnott was not named manager of the month for January, very poor by the panel that awarded it to Askey, let's hope we he can win it in feb and start by shoving up askeys arse on Tuesday, bring on the Macc town.

B. 4D

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:43 PM »

A great win against a side that got a lot tactically right, played very deep (a compliment to us) and made it hard for us to create chances. I think it's a disgrace that lee sinnott was not named manager of the month for January, very poor by the panel that awarded it to Askey, let's hope we he can win it in feb and start by shoving up askeys arse on Tuesday, bring on the Macc town.

Think the trophy result, may have cost Lee, Manager of the month.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 08:21:17 PM »

Extraordinary that we've already got more points than we managed in the whole of our last season in the Conf premier. Another fine win.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 09:41:00 PM »

Another great result well done lee and the team
ParkINson's red and white army

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »

It was quite bizarre to see them sit back, even their fans were saying they should of got in our faces a bit. It was likely seeing us play a side down to 10 or 9 men. That's said that shot that hit the bar could've gone in and Stu got down well to stop that other shot.

GB Alty

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:00:49 PM »

your not going to win manager of the month with defeats at Bath - and nor should we, ludicrous to suggest otherwise

Thought Aldershot were poor - but at this level any win is a good one

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 12:01:23 AM »

The team cant get it right can they , shots below us , beat them , how many times we lose to teams below us , know we didn't play our best but three more points , and mid table , better than expected I say .

Hulme Robin

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 01:00:47 AM »

Solid win. We were the better side. How times change from the start of the season eh? Changing to 4.4.2 made the difference. Credit to lee. Also, excellent saves by Stuart. Great result today.

Hamilton

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 09:41:46 AM »

Solid win. We were the better side. How times change from the start of the season eh? Changing to 4.4.2 made the difference. Credit to lee. Also, excellent saves by Stuart. Great result today.

To quote one of England's finest ever managers; "Four - four - f****** two!"

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »

Solid performance sums it up. Thought they came for a draw and didn't have a good go until they went behind. Going to 4-4-2 defo changed the game, so well done to LS (again).

Thought the game and the atmosphere was a bit flat, but thats what you get when you're mid table.

Highlight of the day was getting the Mac tickets. I slept better last night.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot