PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Time Next Season
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: This Time Next Season  (Read 7071 times)

Robin Reliant

Re: This Time Next Season
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2012, 04:48:05 PM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season. Things have been very positive this year lots of better football and goals to watch (not always at the right end). I would still rather be at the top end of BSN than another season of desperate struggle in BSP.

I firmly believe that whoever goes up will do well to survive in BSP even for one season as I cant see any who have the financial clout, maybe Guiseley could for a year or so or Hyde who have done ever so well.

If we can build on this season and get a decent defence we could win this league next year and go up much stronger and READY to do a Southport the year after!

This

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »

I'm sorry but I cant even get close to agreeing with that.15 Years I've been waiting to see us resume hostilities with Macclesfield. Id take more from seeing us lose to Stockport at moss lane infront of 4,000 than I would from winning at some sports centre infront of 250 people, most of whom are only there because their real team aren't on tv that day...

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2012, 06:34:38 PM »

To want to play in a lower league is to effectively not want promotion, and that is very unhealthy in my view.  What happens when we are at the top of Bsn and we could get promoted? Throw matches so we don't go up?

markecky

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 06:40:11 PM »

You can't want to be in a lower league, it's not possible for a team to do that.

One thing you can say about this season is that the board have backed the manager with as much budget as possible to get back up. I honestly believe the managers aim has been to get back up as well.

For reason's we know all about that hasn;t happened.

I know it would be a struggle but I'd rather play in a mini league at the bottom of the Conference that in the top ten of the BSN anyday.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »

Hear hear

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »

Must say I agree. None of us really thought we would do any better than 5th this year after the low ebb we were at, at end of last season. Things have been very positive this year lots of better football and goals to watch (not always at the right end). I would still rather be at the top end of BSN than another season of desperate struggle in BSP.

I firmly believe that whoever goes up will do well to survive in BSP even for one season as I cant see any who have the financial clout, maybe Guiseley could for a year or so or Hyde who have done ever so well.

If we can build on this season and get a decent defence we could win this league next year and go up much stronger and READY to do a Southport the year after!

This

I think I know what you're getting at in that your nerves / mental health / general wellbeing might benefit from a few relaxing games instead of witnessing the Alamo every week. At times I think most of us have shared that sentiment to some degree but I know you'd rather it be with the team not in the BSN. However, in my book those daft wins against Grimsby, Oxford , Cambridge et al more than make up for those numerous plenty - nil batterings we've taken over the years.

VofD

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »

This time next season...

I will be one year older. :'( :'( :'( :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:38 PM »

This time next season...

I will be one year older. :'( :'( :'( :D

....and I could be dead ! But I'll meet my maker with a smile if we're assured of promotion. Provided He gives me day release to watch our return to BSP of course !

York Alty

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2012, 10:59:06 PM »

I agree with ClickyKnee too.

Gutted that we're unlikely to make the play-offs ~ that was in my two year plan certainly.

Every confidence for a step improvement next season,  That means a very strong consistent push for automatic promotion, and a decent run in the cup or trophy.

Lee, if you read this, I back you 100%.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2012, 12:24:48 AM »

I would still rather be at the top end of BSN than another season of desperate struggle in BSP.

Ian,

I'm sorry but I find sentiments like that bewildering.

So, next season, you would rather be floating around 8th position in the BSN and playing Droylsden twice over Christmas than possibly facing the likes of Wrexham; Luton Town; York City; Grimsby Town and Stockport County - not to mention a potential resumption of league hostilities against Macclesfield Town?

And there's even an outside chance of encountering Bradford City...

Even just a single season of those clubs' away followings at Moss Lane would swell the coffers.

As Ecky rightly states above: "I know it would be a struggle but I'd rather play in a mini league at the bottom of the Conference than in the top ten of the BSN any day."

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2012, 12:57:43 AM »

So, next season, you would rather be floating around 8th position in the BSN and playing Droylsden twice over Christmas than possibly facing the likes of Wrexham; Luton Town; York City; Grimsby Town and Stockport County - not to mention a potential resumption of league hostilities against Macclesfield Town?

Even just a single season of those clubs' away followings at Moss Lane would swell the coffers.

Allied to that is the comparitive lack of media exposure at BSN level. A nationwide competition gets nationwide coverage. If it weren't for RR and AltyTV we'd all be scrabbling around ceefax (god help us).
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2012, 04:52:22 PM »

Allied to that is the comparitive lack of media exposure at BSN level. A nationwide competition gets nationwide coverage. If it weren't for RR and AltyTV we'd all be scrabbling around ceefax (god help us).

Agreed.

The BSN is a media wilderness.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

RocketDan

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2012, 06:49:24 PM »

You'll all be eating your words when our current management team guide us to promotion and a nice little cup run too. I honestly believe that.

care to make a wager?

There is no way will get promoted next season.

we are going to be here until 2017.

VofD

« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »

You'll all be eating your words when our current management team guide us to promotion and a nice little cup run too. I honestly believe that.

care to make a wager?

and beyond. >:( >:(

markecky

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »

care to make a wager?

and beyond. >:( >:(

Yeah, too right.  2022 I reckon AT LEAST
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This Time Next Season