News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA cup draw

Author Topic: FA cup draw  (Read 2720 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
FA cup draw
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:09:33 PM »

The first two rounds of the FA cup and FA trophy are being drawn tomorrow, I think we will be involved in at least one of those draws?

andrewflynn

Re: FA cup draw
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 02:41:57 PM »

We'll be involved in the Trophy draw as we enter in the second round of the competition (1QR), the previous round being the Preliminary stage. Obscure pub side away, please.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:50:54 PM »

We'll be playing our fair share of obscure pub sides away soon enough anyway 😁

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 07:36:57 AM »

Northern section for prelim round is below, all of our league will be added for the additional 1st qual draw, but some won't be in the same part of the draw as us and the clubs below

Atherton Colls
Bamber bridge
Brighouse town
Clitheroe
Cleethorpes
Colne
Colwyn Bay
Droylsden
Frickley
Glossop
Goole
Hyde
Kendal
Mosley
Ossett A
Ossett T
Prescot cables
Radcliffe Boro
Ramsbottom Utd
Scarborough
Sheffield
Skelmersdale
South Shields
Stocksbridge
Tadcaster
Trafford

roytonmike

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »

Extra Prelim & Prelim Round draws made today (we come in 1QR) - highlight has to be
Extra Prelim - Northwich Victoria v 1874 Northwich (!) - winners home to either Athersley Recreation (which I think is the new home of Shaw Lane) or West Didsbury & Chorlton.
EP is 5th Aug, Prelim 19th. Part of me wants to start my competitive season with a Cup-tie - & part of me is saying no, don't go to the Saltmines grudge match! We could of course get the eventual winner of that foursome in 1QR (draw due Aug 21st, I guess).

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 05:04:15 PM »

Extra Prelim & Prelim Round draws made today (we come in 1QR) - highlight has to be
Extra Prelim - Northwich Victoria v 1874 Northwich (!) - winners home to either Athersley Recreation (which I think is the new home of Shaw Lane) or West Didsbury & Chorlton.
EP is 5th Aug, Prelim 19th. Part of me wants to start my competitive season with a Cup-tie - & part of me is saying no, don't go to the Saltmines grudge match! We could of course get the eventual winner of that foursome in 1QR (draw due Aug 21st, I guess).

If you do decide to go to the Northwich derby, don't forget Vics are playing at Barnton now. Incidentally, who would you support or would you hope that both teams slide down a hole caused by subsidence due to salt mining?

Also, if the draw is consistent with last season, and it has been so far, the draw will be on Aug 14th. i.e. the week before the Prelim Round takes place. Strange, I know.

roytonmike

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »

If you do decide to go to the Northwich derby, don't forget Vics are playing at Barnton now. Incidentally, who would you support or would you hope that both teams slide down a hole caused by subsidence due to salt mining?
Also, if the draw is consistent with last season, and it has been so far, the draw will be on Aug 14th. i.e. the week before the Prelim Round takes place. Strange, I know.
Probably either the referee or the ball ...
Thanks for the tip re venue - I may just chicken out & try a day out in Blackpool (Squires Gate v Ashton Athletic) but all will depend on weather!
Thanks also for the tip re date for draw - I'm sure there's a logic of some sort behind it!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 FA cup draw