PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Christmas Predictions
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Christmas Predictions  (Read 9213 times)

Alex

Christmas Predictions
« on: December 23, 2014, 12:09:54 PM »

as im likely to spend the next few days being festive (far too festive to come onto the internet to make football predictions) i thought i would place them all here.

now i have not had a bad record at this so far, the dover prediction was so close i bought a euromillions ticket hoping to cash in on the luck and since you havnt seen news reports of a multi millionaire taking over the club you can assume it dint carry over.

now then predictions.....

A - Chester = i am going 1-1 with another last minute showing grabbing an equaliser at the death
H - Nuneaton = 3-0 i really think that we have improved since our last game against them so im going to trust that we will finish the year on a high and get all 3 pts
H - Chester = 1-0 new year, new story the begining of a march to safety

now i know these predictions look like they are being made wearing rose tinted glasses but who cares its christmas and im hardly going to bring down the festivities by saying we will get stuffed like the turkey.

andrewflynn

Re: Christmas Predictions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »

Seven points will do me fine.

Chester 0-1 Altrincham
Someone pointed out that they were full strength last night, and they could only manage a goal at home to Telford. The game went to penalties and they lost, so no doubt they'll be both tired and deflated after exiting two cups in a week. That means we need to make them work hard on Saturday by retaining the ball when we get it. We all know we're capable of that. We're only three points behind them at the end of the day so its not exactly far fetched.

Altrincham 3-1 Nuneaton
Nuneaton's away record: W0 D1 L13, F5 A32. A game we need to win so we can cancel out the three points lost away from home.

Altrincham 2-2 Chester
A very similar game to the Dover one. Dull first half, brought to life in the second half and we end up coming from 0-2 down to draw 2-2 in the final few minutes. If we manage to get something away at Chester by keeping the ball and playing it around then they'll give us 0 time on New Year's Day. We always struggle if so.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »

The two Chester games could go either way. Very similar points tally to us. I suspect their fans will probably underestimate us, which will help. As for Nuneaton, their run has to stop somewhere but it's about time we put away one of the strugglers at Moss Lane and am quietly confident for that one. We have one defeat in our last seven matches so I think a return of 4-6 points is my best guess.

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:09 AM »

Anything less than 9 points would be disgraceful.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »

5 points from a couple of draws with Chester and a win against Nuneaton. The latter's away record does have 'Alty screw up' written all over it though, hopefully we can surprise ourselves. At least 1 clean sheet from the 3 games too please.
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

george

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 05:37:27 PM »

I think it might be 1-2 or 2-2 looking @ Lincoln City above Chester where we won 2-1 & Aldershot below Chester where we lost 1-3  However, let's have a Boxing Day 3 points. 3 games in 7 days is very tough but can be done. Good luck to the lads & all the fans supporting us.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 06:21:53 PM »

I predict that among the Christmas presents that George Heslop receives this year will be a pair of socks; a Val Doonican CD; a onesie; a large box of Werther's Originals; a tin of moustache wax; a 1973 Shoot annual and an ear trumpet. 

Oh, and let's hope that Jenny has knitted him a new red-and-white bobble hat, too.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

3 draws

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 09:51:07 PM »

Win 2, draw 1 but as it's us, the draw could be Nuneaton  ;)

PS if that IS the way it turns out, I'll have a great few weeks in the local down here  ::) :D :D

(If not, I might be buying cans from the Co-op for quite a while!)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 11:46:35 PM »

I predict that among the Christmas presents that George Heslop receives this year will be a pair of socks; a Val Doonican CD; a onesie; a large box of Werther's Originals; a tin of moustache wax; a 1973 Shoot annual and an ear trumpet.  

Oh, and let's hope that Jenny has knitted him a new red-and-white bobble hat, too.

The Altrincham FC red and white striped onesie should be one of our aims for 2015's new Club Shop stock. As should a blue and white chamber pot with Macclesfield Town's crest on the inside bottom.

We need to upgrade a couple of songs to reflect the replacement of Northwich in our "affections" and the above piece of merchandise reflects this.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 10:24:56 AM by Romeo 48 »

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 10:06:46 AM »

The Altrincham FC red and white striped onesie should be one of our aims for 2015's new Club Shop stock. As should a blue and white chamber pot with Macclesfield Town's crest on the inside bottom.

We need to upgrade a couple of songs to reflect the replacement of Northwich in our "affections" and the above piece of merchandise refects this.

On a serious note Wrexham FC beach towels went down a bomb and sold out twice with the club retweeting anyone who sends them a picture of themselves on holiday with their towel.  I'd love us to do that
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Hamilton

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »

We need to upgrade a couple of songs to reflect the replacement of Northwich in our "affections" and the above piece of merchandise refects this.

On a serious note Wrexham FC beach towels went down a bomb and sold out twice with the club retweeting anyone who sends them a picture of themselves on holiday with their towel.  I'd love us to do that

I'd love to have an Alty Trappers hat!

Jenga

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 06:11:42 PM »

Anything less than 9 points would be disgraceful.

Disgraces might be spared !!!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »

Win 2, draw 1 but as it's us, the draw could be Nuneaton  ;) PS if that IS the way it turns out, I'll have a great few weeks in the local down here  ::) :D :D (If not, I might be buying cans from the Co-op for quite a while!)
On track up to now, then!  ;) :D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Nom de plume

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »

I think it was the term 'inside bottom' made me think we should sell a blue and white striped loo roll with the Macc crest on it.  ;D Perhaps that's below the belt.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Christmas Predictions