PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mr Rowley
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mr Rowley  (Read 19035 times)

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Rowley
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 01:13:14 PM »

I've heard there have been offers of cash injections that have been turned down. I may be wrong but I think our very tightly knit board like it just that way and wouldn't want an outsider coming in changing things around too much.

Man of Moss

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 01:40:56 PM »

Where is Bill? He has probably gone elsewhere to invest his money, I know I would rather than be patronised by the current incumbant

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 01:52:44 PM »

Where is Bill? He has probably gone elsewhere to invest his money, I know I would rather than be patronised by the current incumbant

I thought he was on the board ?

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 03:45:58 PM »

I took my daughter with me today for the first time in twenty tears (the 1-0 v Emley to win the unibond was her last game as a four year old)  and although I enjoyed the game and the effort the team put in, I couldn't believe the apathy from many long standing fans. The zombie like following of our once great club leaves me baffled, or does it ? I guess eventually it wears a person down. No banter, no hope, getting a coffee at half time was like visiting a morgue. Please remember Mr Chairman we do care,  the poor state of this club does make us unhappy and we are getting very very tired, please change this drivel before even the most diehard fans say enough is enough.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 04:29:27 PM »

I took my daughter with me today for the first time in twenty tears (the 1-0 v Emley to win the unibond was her last game as a four year old)  and although I enjoyed the game and the effort the team put in, I couldn't believe the apathy from many long standing fans. The zombie like following of our once great club leaves me baffled, or does it ? I guess eventually it wears a person down. No banter, no hope, getting a coffee at half time was like visiting a morgue. Please remember Mr Chairman we do care,  the poor state of this club does make us unhappy and we are getting very very tired, please change this drivel before even the most diehard fans say enough is enough.

oh for the days of alty and macc in the bridge pub singing at each other for 30 mins before the game then into the noel white suite to sing some more

Sad times
Come on you red and white........

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »

I don't see Graeme Rowley walking away.

But if by some remote chance he did (possibly as a reaction to the amount of abuse he's getting), who would replace him ?

I've no idea. How on earth did we ever manage to exist for the previous 100 years without GR?
With a range of other chairmen who ranged from good (Noel White for example) to despicable (John Maunders). These men were all AVAILABLE. To rephrase my question.....who would be AVAILABLE to replace Graeme Rowley should he quit ?

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 05:16:31 PM »

But if by some remote chance he did (possibly as a reaction to the amount of abuse he's getting), who would replace him ?

I've no idea. How on earth did we ever manage to exist for the previous 100 years without GR?

We should let Fabio have a go at it. If he's not doing well, we can always get rid of him after 17 minutes.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 05:17:22 PM »

With a range of other chairmen who ranged from good (Noel White for example) to despicable (John Maunders). These men were all AVAILABLE. To rephrase my question.....who would be AVAILABLE to replace Graeme Rowley should he quit ?

So you'd let Rowley continue taking us towards The North West Counties League because you think no ones available to be our chairman? We might as well just lock the doors then. I'm sure there'd be a few available and very capable people if the board wasn't such a closed unit.

DidsburyAlty

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2017, 05:46:59 PM »

He won't want to go, he has too much family involvement in the club to go. However , he seems to lack self awareness. He's got to appreciate that he isn't up to the football decisions at the club. He needs to move aside, focus on the community stuff and let us get on with finding an ambitious football man to chair the club.

Nail on the head

Jezza

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 09:01:42 PM »

It is for the major shareholders to appoint a new chairman/board....

At the time of the last crisis when Gerry Berman stood down they actually got off their arses and bought in Geoff Andrew and grahame.

I'm not sure they are so arsed nowadays, certainly Grahame's reappointment seemed to go through without so much as comment at the last AGM.

At the time of the last share handout when the shareholding was diluted to prevent Maunderisation I'm afraid we inherited a majority shareholding lethargy who's only concern was that the club should be solvent and not be held again at the risk of one man destroying it.

I feel that now however is the time to become open to new ownership.... the current board's duty is to persuade their fellow major shareholders to attract new investment, a new majority shareholding either by way of a share issue or by offering the current majority shareholding up for grabs.

I would suggest a corporate day....a sort of dragons den......there are people out there who would be good shareholders, appoint an ambitious board and get a bit of money behind the club...we are still an attractive investment even as a glue league club....the opportunity to be seen as a town hero and the facilities we have here should be sold........

It is patently obvious the club's problem is it's ownership which in turn leads to a board with no pressure on it....so the first team manager doesn't have a lot of pressure.....the board's duty is to direct the club in an appropriate direction....that is why they are called directors....

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 09:50:47 PM »

If you have a stable team and leave it untouched for too long it becomes stale and complacent; players take their places for granted, and become set in their ways.  The stability becomes decline.

It can happen to a board too. How many new directors in the last few years? We badly need new energy, ideas and impetus right now.

York Alty is back

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 10:08:33 PM »

If you have a stable team and leave it untouched for too long it becomes stale and complacent; players take their places for granted, and become set in their ways.  The stability becomes decline.

It can happen to a board too. How many new directors in the last few years? We badly need new energy, ideas and impetus right now.

Yup.

taxi Phil

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2017, 10:19:04 PM »

So you'd let Rowley continue taking us towards The North West Counties League because you think no ones available to be our chairman? We might as well just lock the doors then. I'm sure there'd be a few available and very capable people if the board wasn't such a closed unit.

Quite so, but the status of our board makes such capable people UNAVAILABLE. I'm certainly NOT saying I'm happy with that....far from it. At the moment I actually believe that I'm going to give up watching football altogether.....other than on TV. This season has totally drained my enthusiasm.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »

Quite so, but the status of our board makes such capable people UNAVAILABLE. I'm certainly NOT saying I'm happy with that....far from it. At the moment I actually believe that I'm going to give up watching football altogether.....other than on TV. This season has totally drained my enthusiasm.

I think there's a lot of people feeling the same way about next season.

Man of Moss

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 08:36:14 AM »

A mate of mine started bringing his kids down last season, they don't want to come anymore, I for one have better things to do with my time and money than watch this drivel.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Mr Rowley