PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As things stand...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: As things stand...  (Read 7528 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
As things stand...
« on: September 12, 2017, 08:47:28 PM »

Halifax.. relegated the same time as us... sit top of the Vanarama Conference
It's all my fault.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: As things stand...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 09:46:21 PM »

Halifax winning 0-3 at Leyton Orient and top of the conference premier and Altrincham 12th in the HFS loans league and beaten 5-2 at Workington. No immediate need for fresh investment and no rush to sell any shares etc.....

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »

Halifax are 2nd but everything else you said is bang on Mogg.

Alty5678

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:46 AM »

Halifax top/second in the Conference and don't need Altrincham support.

Altrincham 12th in Northern Premier, after first loss in five league games, do need your support.

Whilst I get the frustration at where Alty are, we are where we are at this moment in time???

Choose which avenue you decide!

markecky2

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 01:52:32 AM »

Halifax fans wanted him sacked about 3 games ago, clueless that Heath is apparently - modern football and the internet eh?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:22:32 AM »

Altrincham 12th in Northern Premier, after first loss in five league games, do need your support.

Whilst I get the frustration at where Alty are, we are where we are at this moment in time???

This has nothing to do with supporting the team, and several hundred have chosen which avenue already. Why is everything deemed a personal attack on the team or a personal attack on the club or a personal attack on the chairman when something is highlighted or pointed out or people are critical on here? We were told of regular updates in progress of share sales, All we are hearing is people being told there is no rush to sell. Well attendances are down, supporter generated income is down, we're three wins from the top spot already. We might have a competitive budget but we should have "the" budget at this level of football. My full support is with the team and players, but we need to sure this club up, and get this club up, no time to rest. Halifax were a poorer outfit than us when we both went down. We can't do much with a three man board of directors and a few sponsored walks. Times need to change, not on the back of an absolute hiding at Workington, but on the fact we shouldn't be here in the first place  as mentioned elsewhere it should not be accepted, not be looked at as oh well we gave it a go, we need to be straight out of it and need a strong board and strong funding to achieve that

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 07:53:28 AM »

This has nothing to do with supporting the team, and several hundred have chosen which avenue already. Why is everything deemed a personal attack on the team or a personal attack on the club or a personal attack on the chairman when something is highlighted or pointed out or people are critical on here? We were told of regular updates in progress of share sales, All we are hearing is people being told there is no rush to sell. Well attendances are down, supporter generated income is down, we're three wins from the top spot already. We might have a competitive budget but we should have "the" budget at this level of football. My full support is with the team and players, but we need to sure this club up, and get this club up, no time to rest. Halifax were a poorer outfit than us when we both went down. We can't do much with a three man board of directors and a few sponsored walks. Times need to change, not on the back of an absolute hiding at Workington, but on the fact we shouldn't be here in the first place  as mentioned elsewhere it should not be accepted, not be looked at as oh well we gave it a go, we need to be straight out of it and need a strong board and strong funding to achieve that

Great post!

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:47 AM »

Whilst I get your point about where we are and getting on with it, I must point out that we haven't had a choice in the avenue the club has gone down. And its not an avenue its a bottomless pit that we're currently on our way down.

The board caused this with poor decision making and whilst I think PP was a good appointment one swallow doesnt make a song and the underlying fact is we have a very weak board which will continue to choose the wrong option more often than not. And the result is plenty of people not bothering to go any more.

Forget the vocal few on this forum who voice their opinion and make some noise about not going, there's 500 people in Altrincham who arent bothering with the football club any more on matchdays and that number will continue to increase until we start to make the right decisions consistently at board level, because that will translate to success on the pitch.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 08:35:59 PM »

Spot on. It has nothing to do with not supporting the team. There is no correlation between people crying out for change and being deeply unhappy with the current set up, and anyone  not wanting us to win games of football. Off the field, this is the best chance we will have to change the future course of the football club in living memory and, as pointed out above, that definitely isn't an issue with the current playing side. It goes far beyond that. And Pete's right, we need to make sure this opportunity isn't wasted by the current board's reluctance to shout about it publicly.

And on the subject of people staying away from games. If we carry on the current average home attendance then the price of the status quo is that we will lose over £100k through the gate over the current season vs last season (and that doesn't include the vast lost associated commercial revenue or conference funding). Sobering numbers.
Clearly some of that can be attributed to playing at the lowest level in our history, but also worth remembering that we were turning out over 1,000 home fans for a dead rubbers a few months ago, and the football is much better this season (and the admission price fair). I'm not even convinced we need immediate wholesale boardroom changes to get a lot of the stay-away fans back, just an indication from the club that we are shouting to the world about being up for sale, and a sense that the current lot are doing all they can to advance the sale of the football club.

But, as it stands, the silence from the football club is shamefully deafening.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 07:15:07 AM »

Echoing the other posts here, my main issue isnt the football.  I back Parkinson and the team.

That strategic review was 7 months ago. There have been some positive steps and I accept that some things take time, but a terrible malaise remains among the fans as a whole and results on the pitch will not change that.

We continue to have a board badly, badly in need of strengthening, the PR and communication concerns still exist, a total commercial overhaul is vital and there have been more off the pitch incidents which have left the fans alienated. Same old same old, and the need for all these changes was acknowledged long before last season was over. Maybe I'm being impatient but I expected more by now.

Even if we get promoted this season, it won't mask the lack of urgency, dynamism and modern thinking from the top of the club which is continuing to keep fans away.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 10:36:15 AM »

Echoing the other posts here, my main issue isnt the football.  I back Parkinson and the team.

That strategic review was 7 months ago. There have been some positive steps and I accept that some things take time, but a terrible malaise remains among the fans as a whole and results on the pitch will not change that.

We continue to have a board badly, badly in need of strengthening, the PR and communication concerns still exist, a total commercial overhaul is vital and there have been more off the pitch incidents which have left the fans alienated. Same old same old, and the need for all these changes was acknowledged long before last season was over. Maybe I'm being impatient but I expected more by now.

Even if we get promoted this season, it won't mask the lack of urgency, dynamism and modern thinking from the top of the club which is continuing to keep fans away.

On this point, whatever happened to answers to the questions regarding the Leicester fans at the Coalville match? Nearly 3 weeks ago now.....stay quiet for long enough that people forget?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Alty wanderer

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »

The main positive is Alty have the best squad in this division, fact. They will be thereabouts regardless if everyone gets behind them. Some lads on board who are proven quality at this level. Altrincham favourites At the start of the season and still are in my book.no time for panic.
Falling gates always a problem especially at this level when things don't go so well especially mid week when the champions league is a better option for the floaters. I trust the board have the finances in hand,overstretching yourself and then failing is the worst thing you can do at this level - the start of the end. Ilkeston went last season spending money they didn't have. Decent sized clubs like Scarborough rushden, Hinckley all gambled and failed. I've always had the impression Alty are extremely well run off the field and I'm sure that will pay dividends.

AFC SLO

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 11:18:00 AM »

On this point, whatever happened to answers to the questions regarding the Leicester fans at the Coalville match? Nearly 3 weeks ago now.....stay quiet for long enough that people forget?

Uncle G, I must assume some responsibility for this.

I had quite an in-depth discussion with Bill Waterson earlier his week regarding a number of matters and issues including the game ou mentioned and also the Stafford game on opening day. He asked me to compile a formal list of questions and, with that, a list of areas for concern and my recommendations for improvement from a fans perspective to then be presented to the board at next weeks Board Meeting.

I am quite willing to make my "report" available to the fans and I will then pass back the response I get.

Any further recommendations, I am always happy to hear from you. AltrinchamFCSLO@gmail.com

Mike.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 12:01:52 PM »

I had quite an in-depth discussion with Bill Waterson earlier his week regarding a number of matters and issues including the game ou mentioned and also the Stafford game on opening day. He asked me to compile a formal list of questions and, with that, a list of areas for concern and my recommendations for improvement from a fans perspective to then be presented to the board at next weeks Board Meeting.

I am quite willing to make my "report" available to the fans and I will then pass back the response I get.

Any further recommendations, I am always happy to hear from you. AltrinchamFCSLO@gmail.com

Mike.

That's fair enough Mike. Thanks for the update.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »

Mike.

Segregate EVERY home fixture, it's a football match not tinder
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As things stand...