PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Scunny Post Match Interview
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Scunny Post Match Interview  (Read 3075 times)

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« on: September 14, 2022, 08:48:51 PM »

Just listened to this and is Parky and the interviewer taking the p*ss out of us. Do they honestly think there were ‘lots of positives’ to take from that last night.

‘We are all working hard all week’ ‘this lad wants to do well and works hard’ f*ck off!! The players PP has got in aren’t good enough, simple as. They can work as hard as they want but they are not up to it at this level.

Stop treating us like idiots Parky

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Scunny Post Match Interview
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2022, 09:23:53 PM »

PP worst interview by a mile. It was utter bollocks.
Not helped by the sh*te interviewer, who also watched a different game. Things like high tempo first half? blowing smoke up CCC arse when he was average, at best? and both spoke absolute lies about Dinanga's performance, who was sh*t. Distribution was terrible and lazy in movement.
Positives....??we were well off and didn't deserve 3 points like he thinks.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2022, 10:01:45 PM »

The work rate was off the scale ( the interviewer)... Dreamland 
Come on you red and white........

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2022, 10:09:38 PM »

The work rate was off the scale ( the interviewer)... Dreamland

Yep, utter sh*te

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2022, 10:28:34 PM »

That interview is worrying to say the least..
Some of the comments are bordering on delusional.
Burying our heads in the sand is not going to fix this.

finnquark1

• Youth \ Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2022, 11:13:23 PM »

My favourite bit is when he said Dinanga was amazing or whatever, before pointing out his awful pass to set Scunny away for their equaliser, and then him not making the right run to get a tap in from y yards.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2022, 12:34:40 AM »

The only positive from last night was that we avoided actually losing to a piss poor team, so we're not actually bottom.

I'm afraid that, if PP seriously believes some of the garbage he spouted, he should be pointed towards the exit door the minute we can identify an adequate replacement.

Last night put me in mind of the Neil Young era. The king has no clothes !

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2022, 01:45:49 AM »

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 08:35:54 AM »

There's elements of truth in the interview. The movement in the first half was very good and Byrne looks like a gem of a signing.

Some utter bollox in there aswell.
Full time and proud of it

rorysgrandad

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 09:45:39 AM »

Haven’t brought myself to listen to Parky’s post match interview yet. We probably have more chance of just staying in this league as a part time outfit attracting the best part timers but no chance of going any further with that model. Full time we are picking up the scraps of full timers left after the moneybags clubs have taken the richest pickings. It’s resulted in the standard of the team dropping. We opted to go full time because we’re ambitious and want eventually to be a football league club. Feeling a tad lost at the  moment. Without an influx of investment there seems no other way to reach our goal.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »

I've got to say, when the transition was announced in May I did envision us signing the likes of Nick Haughton, Danny Elliott, Sam Minihan, Matty Warburton, Kurt Willoughby, Elliot Newby and so on. Those tried and tested full-time footballers in the northwest that have historically been on the circuit at the likes of Chester, York, Halifax. I presumed our aim was to go full-time and start competing with these sorts of clubs for those sorts of players. Players that would improve us and provide stability in our inaugural season.

Regardless of whether we've competed for them and come up short, or simply not had the resources to do so - for me if we're going full-time and not able to attract that calibre of player to the club then the whole model and transition is a massive gamble. There are no two ways about that.

Now, I wasn't expecting a squad of Galacticos and I knew there would have to be an element of Moneyball to make this work, but there's only really Josh Lundstram, James Jones and Ross Barrows who have come in and provided reliable experience at this level or above? Look at what we've lost in the other direction and there's a huge vacuum of experience and leadership. Players like Moult, Hancock, Densmore, Thompson will not have been here on peanuts. Where has that money gone, when you look at this squad now?

We're weaker now than when we had a part-time squad, regardless of the spin that's put on it. The interview lauds the signing of Byrne which does look like a strong one, but we've replaced Densmore with a lad who had nothing to do but Alty TV commentary on Tuesday night. You could argue that we actually attracted better 'full-time' players when we were part-time when you look at the acquisitions of Alistair Smith, Joel Senior, Ryan Colclough, Kyle Ferguson, Dan Mooney, Matty Kosylo... So that draws into question whether our budget is actually worse off now we're having to account for full-time wages across a bigger squad and more backroom staff. It might be naïve of me to make that point.

I've still got faith in the full-time model as it stands, and still generally believe that it was a decision the club (not Parky, as some seem to believe he forced us into this?) had to make. This was not going to be an easy ride, going full-time is not a switch you flick to immediately progress and fly up the table, but I'd be lying if I said our start to the season hasn't introduced some serious doubt about it all. We've replaced Mooney, Hancock and Kosylo's injury with kids on loan and free agents who are probably here to get fit and f**k off.

I predicted 17th and I would be delighted with it based on what I've seen so far, and those who know me will know I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to anything about Alty. It's absolutely vital that we stay up this season and if we do, with this current squad, I think it'll be Phil & Neil's greatest achievement to date. All of the above said, there's still part of me that's expecting to win on Saturday and go on a 10 game unbeaten run. We've always been that sort of side and it really could just be confidence. I just don't know what to think at the moment.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2022, 12:00:51 PM »

I've got to say, when the transition was announced in May I did envision us signing the likes of Nick Haughton, Danny Elliott, Sam Minihan, Matty Warburton, Kurt Willoughby, Elliot Newby and so on. Those tried and tested full-time footballers in the northwest that have historically been on the circuit at the likes of Chester, York, Halifax. I presumed our aim was to go full-time and start competing with these sorts of clubs for those sorts of players. Players that would improve us and provide stability in our inaugural season.

Regardless of whether we've competed for them and come up short, or simply not had the resources to do so - for me if we're going full-time and not able to attract that calibre of player to the club then the whole model and transition is a massive gamble. There are no two ways about that.

Now, I wasn't expecting a squad of Galacticos and I knew there would have to be an element of Moneyball to make this work, but there's only really Josh Lundstram, James Jones and Ross Barrows who have come in and provided reliable experience at this level or above? Look at what we've lost in the other direction and there's a huge vacuum of experience and leadership. Players like Moult, Hancock, Densmore, Thompson will not have been here on peanuts. Where has that money gone, when you look at this squad now?

We're weaker now than when we had a part-time squad, regardless of the spin that's put on it. The interview lauds the signing of Byrne which does look like a strong one, but we've replaced Densmore with a lad who had nothing to do but Alty TV commentary on Tuesday night. You could argue that we actually attracted better 'full-time' players when we were part-time when you look at the acquisitions of Alistair Smith, Joel Senior, Ryan Colclough, Kyle Ferguson, Dan Mooney, Matty Kosylo... So that draws into question whether our budget is actually worse off now we're having to account for full-time wages across a bigger squad and more backroom staff. It might be naïve of me to make that point.

I've still got faith in the full-time model as it stands, and still generally believe that it was a decision the club (not Parky, as some seem to believe he forced us into this?) had to make. This was not going to be an easy ride, going full-time is not a switch you flick to immediately progress and fly up the table, but I'd be lying if I said our start to the season hasn't introduced some serious doubt about it all. We've replaced Mooney, Hancock and Kosylo's injury with kids on loan and free agents who are probably here to get fit and f**k off.

I predicted 17th and I would be delighted with it based on what I've seen so far, and those who know me will know I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to anything about Alty. It's absolutely vital that we stay up this season and if we do, with this current squad, I think it'll be Phil & Neil's greatest achievement to date. All of the above said, there's still part of me that's expecting to win on Saturday and go on a 10 game unbeaten run. We've always been that sort of side and it really could just be confidence. I just don't know what to think at the moment.

Good post mate.

Another concern and I appreciate we often start slow but we are way off the fitness levels of last season. I commented last season on how good shape the players were in and you could see this as we often ended the game the strongest team.

They had personal training goals away from training PT. Is full time meaning the majority do the same cardio, which may not be correct for them.

I appreciate we need to work on finishing, defending etc but really think we need to concentrate on fitness. You can have all the skill in the world but without fitness your half the player.

From what I have seen the only players at the fitness levels expected are Colclough, Toby and Lundstram. This isn't good enough.

Are we more unfit being full time.....? Our tempo and closing down is way off, compared to last season.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2022, 12:22:44 PM by oneedham »

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2022, 12:03:49 PM »

Good post mate.

Another concern and I appreciate we often start slow but we are way of the fitness levels of last season. I commented last season on how good shape the players were in and you could see this as  we often ended the game the strongest team.

They had personal training goals away from training PT. Is full time meaning the majority do the same cardio, which may not be correct for them.

I appreciate we need to work on finishing, defending etc but really think we need to concentrate on fitness. You can have all the skill in the world but without fitness your half the player.

From what I have seen the only players at the fitness levels expected are Colclough, Toby and Lundstram. This isn't good enough.

Are we more unfit being full time.....? Our tempo and closing down is way off, compared to last season.

Brilliant post . Respect.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2022, 12:27:38 PM »

For information, if a player is working on Alty TV or Radio Robins, he is either injured or suspended.

andrewflynn

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2022, 01:15:17 PM »

For information, if a player is working on Alty TV or Radio Robins, he is either injured or suspended.

Appreciate that mate, does that cover the games where we put our best CB at RB instead of giving him a go? Not having a pop at you obviously!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team