News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 This week's knob of the week is......

Author Topic: This week's knob of the week is......  (Read 2229 times)

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: July 14, 2012, 12:41:10 PM »

Sean Clancy......if the story below has an ounce of credibility about it

After speaking to Crouch about Chester's interest, there was no doubt in Clancy's mind about joining newly-promoted Blue Square Bet North outfit. He told Leader Live, 'Neil Young rang me to negotiate a deal at Chester while I was sitting by the pool on holiday with Abbie and Peter. When I came off the phone Peter told me that Chester would be a good move for me because they were an established club and he, like me, believed they are on track to get back to where the club was a few years ago.

Peter also reminded me that Chester have a big fan-base and that I would be looked after. He also told me there were a lot of positives by moving to Chester and it then became an easy choice for me to sign for them'".

Urrrr.......what division are Chester in Peter ?
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

markecky

Re: This week's knob of the week is......
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 01:08:31 PM »

You beat me to it Mick!

What Peter Crouch knows about Chester or the Blue Square North you could write on the back of a stamp. 

Worlds oddest statement. 

Jezza

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:02:10 PM »

change the award name to name dropper of the week....

I'm actually having dinner with crouchy and abs next week....I'll suggest he moves to northwich, a club on the up...

No disrespect to chester who look like they are heading back to the football league over the next few years where they will no doubt once again loiter without intent...which is where they were a little bit more than a few years ago....

taxi Phil

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 06:14:48 PM »

You beat me to it Mick!

What Peter Crouch knows about Chester or the Blue Square North you could write on the back of a stamp.  

Worlds oddest statement.   :)

Tad unfair Ecky. Bet he could run to the back of a fag packet with a little prompting.

Hamilton

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »

I'm actually having dinner with crouchy and abs next week....I'll suggest he moves to northwich, a club on the up...

No disrespect to chester who look like they are heading back to the football league over the next few years where they will no doubt once again loiter without intent...which is where they were a little bit more than a few years ago....

My wee Jennifer wins - she was at a party with SNP deputy leader Nicola Sturgeon today. Needless to say she wore red,white n blue.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »

My wee Jennifer wins - she was at a party with SNP deputy leader Nicola Sturgeon today. Needless to say she wore red,white n blue.

Isnt this the woman who looks the girl from the Crankies  :D

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »

Isnt this the woman who looks the girl from the Crankies  :D

Chuckles all round!
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team