Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Warren Peyton keen to join Crawley Town?

Author Topic: Warren Peyton keen to join Crawley Town?  (Read 2342 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:58:25 PM »

During last Saturday's game, I couldn't help but notice that, after undertaking a warm-up run alongside the Main Stand touchline in his role as a substitute, Warren Peyton proceeded to enter the Crawley Town dugout and was climbing the steps until one of their subs on the bench tapped him on the shoulder and pointed him in the right direction!

Perhaps he was dazzled by those blond highlights in Steve Evans's hair...?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Warren Peyton keen to join Crawley Town?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:06:08 AM »

When Big Ron took over at Forest the same happened.........he came out of the tunnel for his first game in charge in front of all the press and TV crews.........he then proceeded to the away team dugout where he sat for a good few minutes whilst the stewards shouted at him "Ron, Ron, your in their dugout, we are over here"

Absolutely hilarious, the dugout even had the opposition substitutes in it !!
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »

No surprise really as he quite often doesn't seem to
know where he is when he is on the pitch as well as
off it.

Altyant

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »

Maybe he was undertaking some repair work on the bench while he was waiting to get on!!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 11:41:00 PM »

During last Saturday's game, I couldn't help but notice that, after undertaking a warm-up run alongside the Main Stand touchline in his role as a substitute, Warren Peyton proceeded to enter the Crawley Town dugout and was climbing the steps until one of their subs on the bench tapped him on the shoulder and pointed him in the right direction!

Who remembers the legendary Robert Trees walking into the wrong dugout after getting substituted in what must have been his only ever start at Moss Lane for Alty? It was around October/November 1999.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 08:12:26 AM »

Didn't Trees come with a big reputation from one of the Bristol clubs?

joe

Warren Peyton
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 11:31:30 AM »

Trees played for Bristol Rovers and came with high expectations. Think he went on to Leigh.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 04:27:18 PM »

Who remembers the legendary Robert Trees walking into the wrong dugout after getting substituted in what must have been his only ever start at Moss Lane for Alty? It was around October/November 1999.

Father Flynn,

I recall that Robert Trees incident.
It was against Rushden & Diamonds (2nd October 1999).

I think he managed one other appearance as a sub and then left Alty.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 06:19:35 PM »

he didn't twig which way he was supposed to go!

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 02:52:45 PM »

Father Flynn,

I recall that Robert Trees incident.
It was against Rushden & Diamonds (2nd October 1999).

I think he managed one other appearance as a sub and then left Alty.

I'm sure that he played some part in the 3-1 defeat at Nuneaton the week before the Rushden game.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team