PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Tread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Aldershot Match Tread  (Read 8705 times)

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Aldershot Match Tread
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2022, 07:24:20 PM »

A win is a win and hopefully will boost confidence. Glad Cooper started as I think thats our best back four.

There's no way Sami or Hussain are can be as poor as Jackson.

Con-Clarke was our MOM by a distance.

Signing Harrison is utterly bizarre.

If we continue to move the ball in such a pedestrian way we won't win many more.

Full time and proud of it

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2022, 07:29:52 PM »

Dear God, that was painful to watch. Two desperately poor teams.

The only emotion at the final whistle was one of sheer relief.

I suspect that we wouldn't have won that game if it had stayed as 11 versus 11, particularly as Whelan looked to be their most skilful player.

That was a dreadfully soft penalty to concede from their point of view, too.

After scoring, we then proceeded to undertake a nervy retreat and you had a horrible feeling that they might sneak an eleventh-hour equaliser.

So, a win at long last but we still look at least four players short of being a team that won't be embroiled in a relegation battle for the remainder of this season.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2022, 07:42:49 PM »

Quite astonishingly, we have re-signed Byron Harrison.

Can anyone else hear the bottom of a barrel being scraped?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 07:44:21 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2022, 08:00:37 PM »

A win is a win and hopefully will boost confidence. Glad Cooper started as I think thats our best back four.

If we continue to move the ball in such a pedestrian way we won't win many more.

Kaja is injured.
Not sure if Sami played for the reserves
Cooper was good
Ryan was deservedly MoM he is head and shoulders better than all our squad

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2022, 08:21:22 PM »

We were dire in the first half. Only a couple of efforts on target. The sending off was a game changer. We didn't look any better than the Shots but they have lost seven games so far.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2022, 08:38:54 PM »

Kaja is injured.
Not sure if Sami played for the reserves
Cooper was good
Ryan was deservedly MoM he is head and shoulders better than all our squad

Sami was on pitch at the final whistle. Hussain played for the reserves.

Colclough is indeed head and shoulders above all others, but you wouldn't win a game with 11 of him on the pitch. You might with 11 Lundstrams.
Full time and proud of it

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2022, 08:43:17 PM »

We huffed and puffed our way to a hard won victory of two sides who are going to have to improve considerably to escape a relegation battle.

We have very good players who are missing with long term injuries. We also have players who are not fit enough for this league.

Unfortunately we also have players who (regardless of fitness) are simply not good enough for this league.

Dinanga is desperately lacking support up top. The guy is always on his heels instead of being on his toes ready to react.

Barrows needs to read the game better, the number of times Coco was urging him to push on past him but he didn’t seem to do it naturally.

We seem unable to get the pace of passes on our pitch, how many times did Osbourne take corners and his kick was far to high/far for anyone to get near to it.

What surface do the lads train on? Is it similar to our pitch or is it on an artificial surface?
I’m not sure watering the pitch on match days is beneficial, players were slipping on numerous occasions,. Just leave the bloody thing alone until after the game.

At the end of the day we gained 3 valuable points. The game ended to a communal sigh of relief.

Would we have won if it had remained 11 v 11? I will leave that to you forumites to unpick.

Onwards and Upwards (albeit by one place) but I’ll take that right now.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2022, 09:00:46 PM »

Dear God, that was painful to watch. Two desperately poor teams.

The only emotion at the final whistle was one of sheer relief.

I suspect that we wouldn't have won that game if it had stayed as 11 versus 11, particularly as Whelan looked to be their most skilful player.

That was a dreadfully soft penalty to concede from their point of view, too.

After scoring, we then proceeded to undertake a nervy retreat and you had a horrible feeling that they might sneak an eleventh-hour equaliser.

So, a win at long last but we still look at least four players short of being a team that won't be embroiled in a relegation battle for the remainder of this season.

Agreed
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2022, 09:04:49 PM »

We huffed and puffed our way to a hard won victory of two sides who are going to have to improve considerably to escape a relegation battle.

We have very good players who are missing with long term injuries. We also have players who are not fit enough for this league.

Unfortunately we also have players who (regardless of fitness) are simply not good enough for this league.

Dinanga is desperately lacking support up top. The guy is always on his heels instead of being on his toes ready to react.

Barrows needs to read the game better, the number of times Coco was urging him to push on past him but he didn’t seem to do it naturally.

We seem unable to get the pace of passes on our pitch, how many times did Osbourne take corners and his kick was far to high/far for anyone to get near to it.

What surface do the lads train on? Is it similar to our pitch or is it on an artificial surface?
I’m not sure watering the pitch on match days is beneficial, players were slipping on numerous occasions,. Just leave the bloody thing alone until after the game.

At the end of the day we gained 3 valuable points. The game ended to a communal sigh of relief.

Would we have won if it had remained 11 v 11? I will leave that to you forumites to unpick.

Onwards and Upwards (albeit by one place) but I’ll take that right now.

Agree with this also

3 points most welcome and deserved today, but cannot hel p but think the game had 0-0 all over it if their player did not commit to an act of stupidity
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2022, 09:06:47 PM »

We simply had to win that one and we did.
As Cult said, two poor sides but we can worry about putting on more of a show when we're out of the drop zone (at least a fortnight away imho). For now I'm just grateful for the three points.
By the way, I think that's our best back four at the moment and we should stick with it (and Byrne behind them).
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2022, 09:25:54 PM »

Didn't follow the game so only just looked up the result. Bet that was a tense one.  Four teams on eight points now. Never a better chance to kick on and get clear.

We're only 5 points behind 13th place. There are a lot of mediocre teams in this league.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2022, 09:32:18 PM »

When we keep passing the ball between the back four and the keeper,  opponents become canny as to how we like to play so they press us which leads to us then kicking the ball long and hope our lone striker can hold it up. Which then usually ends up with us conceding possession again.

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2022, 09:36:41 PM »

Yes, you could see how it was two teams near the bottom, but in the second half we completely dominated, and the final score was only kept close by the efforts of Luca Ashby-Hammond in goal, who was easily the man of the match Having a one man advantage doesn't necessarily work to  a team's advantage either - see the Maidstone game at the start of this season.

I had hoped we would sign more experienced players than the young loanees from Stoke; Byron Harrison wasn't exactly what I had in mind, but he did nothing wrong when he came on, as I recall, and didn't panic or lose the ball. Also, as others have said, Jake Cooper had a very good game, while Dinanga was desperately unlucky not to score.

There's a long way to go yet, of course, but, without getting carried away, this does give me some grounds for optimism, which has been short recently.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2022, 09:43:10 PM »

Didn't get to the game. We needed a win and got one. We can worry about how we got the win but I hope the players are reflecting on a win tonight and getting all the positives out of the game that they can.

They can take that into the County game and Gateshead.

Come on Alty.

nimeta

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2022, 10:27:41 PM »

How many seasons have we seen Alty start badly and actually do OK? Think of the Evogluesticksh*t league even.

Not being complacent, but hoping today is a turning point we have seen so often before at a similar stage in the season.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Aldershot Match Tread