PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Re: Boston this Saturday
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Re: Boston this Saturday  (Read 8182 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2013, 04:28:47 PM »

Sorry Jenga , if you applied that attitude you would never have gone to an away game in the 70's and early 80's sh*tting your self was part of going to away games. There were certain games we Knew we would get T**tted at.

SW i do recall the Great Harwood game  we drove round looking for the instigator,a prick with a dangly earing, in the other SW's green hillman, for ages  i think we might have had some big tough mates with us or we were "very very very drunk at the time" in rowley qc type way.

BUT i have had some great days out at Boston , batemans beer, fog , good fish and chips, scared sh*tless, taking the piss in their club many great days out . last place i had a drink before my 18th serves me correctly if my addled memory , may be some one will pull me up on this but nov 11 or 12th 1978 at a guess

Saturday, 11th November 1978
Northern Premier League

Boston United...1  Altrincham...4

John Rogers; Jeff Johnson and Graham Heathcote (2, including one penalty).

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

thegazelle

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2013, 11:18:37 PM »

Sorry Jenga , if you applied that attitude you would never have gone to an away game in the 70's and early 80's sh*tting your self was part of going to away games. There were certain games we Knew we would get T**tted at.

SW i do recall the Great Harwood game  we drove round looking for the instigator,a prick with a dangly earing, in the other SW's green hillman, for ages  i think we might have had some big tough mates with us or we were "very very very drunk at the time" in rowley qc type way.

BUT i have had some great days out at Boston , batemans beer, fog , good fish and chips, scared sh*tless, taking the piss in their club many great days out . last place i had a drink before my 18th serves me correctly if my addled memory , may be some one will pull me up on this but nov 11 or 12th 1978 at a guess

Northern Premier League

and a lot of fog , kick off delayed landlord in the pub bought us all a pint

arnald

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2013, 12:11:45 AM »

Northern Premier League

the best was 89 2 nill down at half time the king made it 2- 3 baker ect

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2013, 04:41:29 AM »

Northern Premier League

Great game that....it was the Saturday after we lost 5-0 at Colne Dynamoes in the Trophy (January 20th 1990, I think). As well as Martin Baker, I seem to remember Nicky Daws may have scored one of our goals.

Hamilton

« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Northern Premier League

Great game that....it was the Saturday after we lost 5-0 at Colne Dynamoes in the Trophy (January 20th 1990, I think). As well as Martin Baker, I seem to remember Nicky Daws may have scored one of our goals.

Hmmm, whatever happened to them?  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team