PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Re: Boston this Saturday
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Re: Boston this Saturday  (Read 8183 times)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2013, 09:36:10 PM »

Years ago Boston was a very isolated insular place that didn't have much contact with outsiders, since the mass migration from Eastern Europe its now probably one of the most diverse places in the country. They are far more affable to outsiders than they were a generation ago. Its one of my favourite away trips, and I'm upset to be missing it this year, I may take in Weymouth v Braintree in the FA cup or Portland United v Cranbourne depending on what's happening.

Well said. I held a grudge after the trophy game and still have one eye open for the scum but I have been several times since and had nothing but a pleasant time.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

markecky

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »

I'm going to watch Altrincham, not sure why events years ago should affect our support but each to their own I guess.

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 10:17:09 PM »

Will people boycott FCUM because of some prats a few years ago?

Are we never going to take any fans to Bishop Auckland if we draw them in the trophy?
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

taxi Phil

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2013, 11:25:33 PM »

Will people boycott FCUM because of some prats a few years ago?

Are we never going to take any fans to Bishop Auckland if we draw them in the trophy?
FCUM are so insignificant, that I wouldn't pay them the compliment of boycotting them.

Bishop Auckland ? I'd definitely go if we stopped off at Shildon and visited Eric's on the way.........

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2013, 12:16:37 AM »

I probably should have just said I was visiting family so I couldn't go. No-one would have batted an eyelid.

Jenga

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2013, 12:20:18 PM »

Boston, along with Aldershot, Chester, Leek and Wrexham are not places I will visit again.

Memories are memories. Not experience BA so would go there.

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2013, 12:48:19 PM »

Boston, along with Aldershot, Chester, Leek and Wrexham are not places I will visit again.

Each to their own Boston is a top  away ground to go to,  been 3 times and only seen a bit of trouble once where a few monkeys came on the pitch at the end (trophy game?) the atmosphere that game was great, Alty had a decent noisy support in the big steep terrace behind the goal.
A real ground with lots of character and fans who have a bit of a sing song, great away day! highly recommended to any youngsters thinking of going.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 12:50:35 PM by altrincham »

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2013, 06:18:10 PM »

Unlucky mate iv had no incidents at 3 out of 4 of those grounds

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:23 PM »

Never had much trouble at Boston, had problems over the years at some strange places though, Great Harwood one year at a night game some kids got a bit funny, I think the Gazelle and the othr SW might have seen them off, Macc and Wigan obviously, never had a hoot of bother at Vics apart from in the  79-80 cup final game when I was attacked by Alty fans for wearing a green shirt, courtesy of the Alty keeper at Gravesend.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2013, 09:36:40 PM »

Never had much trouble at Boston, had problems over the years at some strange places though, Great Harwood one year at a night game some kids got a bit funny, I think the Gazelle and the othr SW might have seen them off, Macc and Wigan obviously, never had a hoot of bother at Vics apart from in the  79-80 cup final game when I was attacked by Alty fans for wearing a green shirt, courtesy of the Alty keeper at Gravesend.

Doh!

York Alty

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »

Seen bother at Bangor, Wycombe and Colchester amongst others.  Unless fortunes change I can't see a reason to go back to any of those places either.

thegazelle

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2013, 02:15:56 AM »

Sorry Jenga , if you applied that attitude you would never have gone to an away game in the 70's and early 80's sh*tting your self was part of going to away games. There were certain games we Knew we would get T**tted at.

SW i do recall the Great Harwood game  we drove round looking for the instigator,a prick with a dangly earing, in the other SW's green hillman, for ages  i think we might have had some big tough mates with us or we were "very very very drunk at the time" in rowley qc type way.

BUT i have had some great days out at Boston , batemans beer, fog , good fish and chips, scared sh*tless, taking the piss in their club many great days out . last place i had a drink before my 18th serves me correctly if my addled memory , may be some one will pull me up on this but nov 11 or 12th 1978 at a guess

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2013, 08:03:06 AM »

To be honest, I did think about past problems at that ground, but trust Boston United should have a duty of care to their away supporters (Boston please note); I am looking forward to my first long distance game since FGR and their health shop food, a few years ago. More importantly, I want to support my team and the bigger the numbers, the better. I also find the club very good therapy and am now getting much better with my depression, thankfully.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Oh the irony.
We played the same fixture this weekend last season, but in a different competition of course!!

markecky

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2013, 10:51:13 AM »

I might start a new thread of places I wasn't going to anyway but won't be going to. :D

Galatasaray seems as good a starting point as any... or TK Maxx.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team