PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun was right
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Shaun was right  (Read 6958 times)

bumble

Re: Shaun was right
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 12:01:11 AM »

Nobody is criticise volunteers - where have you heard/read that? - stick to the facts ecky

I said football should always come first at a football club - and that any money should be put into the team - not building a new bar/community centre

People don't utilise the current facilities enough - only the same handful of faces I see after every game in the bar

People dont use the facilities because they are good enough. Our current bar is up there with the worst in this league.

People are working hard to change it. We've a target to hit in terms of fundraising. You may have a point about the same people coming in after the game, but hopefully with the new bar people might stay.

bumble

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 12:08:07 AM »

The community project is only going ahead because if handled correctly it will enhance the reputation (brand) of the club and hopefully provide a steady income.

It's an investment for the future of the club. In the absence of any sugar daddy the money has to be generated somehow.
football first - we are a football club after all

the best way (indeed only way) to enhance the reputation of the club is by wining football matches - to do that we need investment in the team, not community centres

We are a football team. In order to be successful, we need paying customers be it by them drinking in the bar or coming to the game.

Look at our junior set up. I'm sure 500 plus shirts socks and shorts didn't come cheap nor did giving similar number of season tickets.

But there are a lot of fans - quite a few regulars - who probably wouldn't come to the club if it wasn't for them. If you drive past timperley sports club you'll see red and white stripes which only reminds people we exist.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 12:09:27 AM »

the current bar is just too small

rick

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 06:49:02 PM »

i go to the king george before and after games, in the club bar i struggle to get served, no where to sit or stand, it wouldnt bother me if it was coming off the playing budget this season, because the new bigger bar will finance the team better for years to come.

Jezza

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 07:44:11 PM »

There were very few complaints about the squad and the new signings at the start of the season and there is no point in paying players like Brooke and Mitchley, who will just sit on the bench all season. Yes, we do need cover at the back and one more wide playmaker, but I would like to see junior given more of a chance.

I think that is only half true....lost count of the number of times I heard during and since close season we need a right winger and a roll yer sleeves up mr motivator in the middle....and as soon as Williams was injured the fans recognised the need to replace this loss.....
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun was right