PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun was right
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Shaun was right  (Read 6957 times)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Shaun was right
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 08:04:32 PM »

The community project is only going ahead because if handled correctly it will enhance the reputation (brand) of the club and hopefully provide a steady income.

It's an investment for the future of the club. In the absence of any sugar daddy the money has to be generated somehow.
football first - we are a football club after all

the best way (indeed only way) to enhance the reputation of the club is by wining football matches - to do that we need investment in the team, not community centres

The community centre will increase the long term income for the club and therefore the team.  Large infrastructure projects like this are important, if we don't look to improve our facilities and income streams we will slip back.
Bernard Taylors barmy army

markecky

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 08:07:17 PM »

You may not like it Ecky but it's what a lot of people are thinking (everyone I speak to)

What's happened to the Watmore money? Or Even last years cup money?

It's not a community centre is it really, that's one of its functions.

Must be a connection then because everyone I speak to think its great and are grateful that people have put years of work into getting it to the stage where it could be built if the funds can be raised.

Why is someone with the accountancy knowledge you have just doing fag packet stuff?  

I've not idea where the money has "gone".  My guess is that part has been factored in to this season increased budget, part factored in to offset the United money loss and the rest is still there or factored in over the next few years to sustain this budget at worst.

I'm not the man to answer these questions but there are directors in the bar after every game who seem pretty approachable to me.  

Maybe all these people who think that should get together and form a protest group, my guess is that getting facts about it will spoil things or may even not be believed.

JDN

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »

Yes as we were leaving the ground yesterday one of those directors tried telling me and a group of fellow supporters that Sinnott was the right man to take us forward - I think we made our feelings on the matter pretty clear

Can't do sums with undisclosed numbers Ecky

markecky

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »

Maybe that was his opinion, not everyone hates the manager.

Anyway Sinnott isn't my point.  I appreciate you don't like him and don't rate him at all as a manager, that's your choice and you make that clear.

However I do feel that its very very unfair to criticise volunteers that have put years of work into something that, if we ever get the funds to build, will benefit us all and make us the envy of many clubs.

Costs to get to this stage have been minimal as every bit has been done for free from what I know and have seen.

I can't believe people think like this, we should be grateful that people step up when others won't.

JDN

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 09:00:58 PM »

Nobody is criticise volunteers - where have you heard/read that? - stick to the facts ecky

I said football should always come first at a football club - and that any money should be put into the team - not building a new bar/community centre

People don't utilise the current facilities enough - only the same handful of faces I see after every game in the bar

markecky

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 09:10:21 PM »

Nobody is criticise volunteers - where have you heard/read that? - stick to the facts ecky

I said football should always come first at a football club - and that any money should be put into the team - not building a new bar/community centre

People don't utilise the current facilities enough - only the same handful of faces I see after every game in the bar

I think that's very short sighted Jamie.

If it had been announced that the playing budget had been cut to accommodate it then you could say that.

We've got to plan for the future, we've had money from the sale of chequers access helping, United money helping us keep a good budget. in recent years.

This is something concrete and should be embraced.

Otherwise in five years when the chequers turnstiles collapse or part of the crumbling terrace is condemned we will be struggling and money has to be found.

I'm wasting my time anyway,  I know that, it's just how I feel.

I'm going to bed. sh*ttest weekend for years!

Jezza

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »

driving out and about today I have seen half a dozen kids/young lads around timperley, alty, ridgeway rd in alty kits with the j Davidson logo.....there were loads of youngsters around yesterday, the family stand is normally full of new supporters......this is all part of the club's forward thinking community strategy that if we'd had in the glory years maybe we'd have been an even more attractive club and it has to be encouraged as an investment in the club that we will slowly see more and more benefit from.

Your question Jamie is a valid one but ask the chairman otherwise it becomes forum myth that we have spent the watmore money on a building.

People forget the club announced £80k loss 2 years ago? because we'd bought a lawnmower I think? The FA cup money was a godsend last year but we have been without a cup run in years and now we have no income for that this year....and we have lost the Utd money.......

I think the club maybe should communicate more because I accept the impression is we should be pretty loaded whereas the reality maybe is the watmore money will come in dribs and drabs and we don't know how much it was do we?

I do think the manager has more questions to answer regarding team selection and wether he understands the sort of players required and thinks he can attract them to alty coz the evidence so far suggests he can build a top 10 side that occasionally plays attractive football but often disappoints and no more......

I'm beginning to feel a bit sorry for the players and thinking it's not their fault the team selection was poor.....I accept the two injuries but one of those is long term and has not been addressed because lee thinks we are good enough......

JDN

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 09:32:09 PM »

The fact is we don't know what the playing budget is and we don't know what the Watmore fee was

We do however know we have not invested enough in the team during the summer

People will make their own conclusions

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 09:49:06 PM »

There were very few complaints about the squad and the new signings at the start of the season and there is no point in paying players like Brooke and Mitchley, who will just sit on the bench all season. Yes, we do need cover at the back and one more wide playmaker, but I would like to see junior given more of a chance.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2013, 09:54:55 PM »

There were very few complaints about the squad and the new signings at the start of the season and there is no point in paying players like Brooke and Mitchley, who will just sit on the bench all season. Yes, we do need cover at the back and one more wide playmaker, but I would like to see junior given more of a chance.
No doubt he has potential, the problem is how long do we stick with underperforming players. By the time they have come good, the season could be over.
For Walshaw, Perry and Smikle this question applies.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »

No doubt he has potential, the problem is how long do we stick with underperforming players. By the time they have come good, the season could be over.

Is Walshaw not doing ok then? I think he's been lively and has scored 6 in his first 10 games, that's plenty?

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 10:05:08 PM »

As positive as I am about the Community project, which I accept may be independent of the player budget, but it will have an effect on money available or raised for other club needs. I have the same issue with our local Church Scout group, who claim raising funds for their own new hut is independent. However as far as I am concerned it aint independent as they hit the same target Market and Scouts functions/trips are no longer subsidised. I just hope Alty don't lose direction of where the club needs to go - and that is a team playing at a higher level.

I have seen a few games this season and with Mike Williams we were far better at the back than at any time last season. I wouldn't say that he is an outstanding player, but he sure stabilised the whole defence.  Because of this we were able to grind out results at the start of the season but we haven't tanked anyone so far, except County's headless chickens, nor do I think we have played against a good side. To lose one player and not have a plan 'B' or a plan that don't work is a poor show. Like most have said on this forum, we need a dictator in midfield and an attacking right winger. I understood that there was money available for such players at the beginning of the season.

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »

Is Walshaw not doing ok then? I think he's been lively and has scored 6 in his first 10 games, that's plenty?
]He should have had double that, I'm still not convinced by him.
He could have had three in 10 minutes against Stockport, missed sitters against Histon and against Gloucester and just seems to have lost the ability to finish.
He got free yesterday in the first half but didn't have the confidence to run on and take on the keeper, instead he checked back and lost the ball.

Hamilton

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:48 PM »

]He should have had double that, I'm still not convinced by him.
He could have had three in 10 minutes against Stockport, missed sitters against Histon and against Gloucester and just seems to have lost the ability to finish.
He got free yesterday in the first half but didn't have the confidence to run on and take on the keeper, instead he checked back and lost the ball.

In fairness Reeves has missed a few sitters, not least penalties, but he'd still be my 1st choice.

decman7

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 12:00:46 AM »

Just ask Graham about the funds. He'll tell you as much as he can. It's not a shut up shop, he'll talk to you if you have a point to raise
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Shaun was right