PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden v Alty
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Droylsden v Alty  (Read 5826 times)

Hamilton

Re: Droylsden v Alty
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 10:14:43 PM »

Bad foul by Logan (not booked) Mills Stretchered off!
had to have legs strapped together - hope hes OK

Poss cruciate ligament damage. Hope not and wishes for a speedy recovery.

Stan Hibbert

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »

Just got back.

Droylsden were dog sh#t and deserve to go down.

They resorted to typical Dave Pace tactics.

We weren't brilliant but, hey, we won 5 0 away from home so hope there's no critics posting about this result or performance.

The injury to Mills looked bad and I hope he's okay. It could have been any one of our players stretchered off tonight. How they ended up with 11 men on the field is beyond me.

Well played lads.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »

Played lads decent performance

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 10:34:31 PM »

Easy win and Stuart didnt have a single shot to save. Some of their tackles were dreadful, leaving their foot in frequently and how the Ref didnt caution Logan for the dreadful foul on Mills is a mystery. I'm told he dislocated his knee could have medial ligament damage so he wont be playing for a long while which is sad as he did well and was starting to fit in. Really sorry for the lad, hope its not as bad as it seems.
 Hope Scott is OK too.

markecky

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 10:45:28 PM »

Not a classic performance and we got sucked down to their level sadly but tough to criticise a 5-0 away win where Stuarts first touch with his hands was on 91 mins.

It was a battle and they did what we thought they would do.  Horrible.

Hope Mills isn't too bad and Scotty Leather.

Bradford will be tough and we need to show some steel if we want to get on another run and see where that takes us.

Number 5 was one of the worst defenders i have ever ever seen and I saw every game Adie Hawes played.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 11:06:55 PM by markecky »

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:28 PM »

I see the gate given as 258, how many did we take then?

Normally you see a club like that, clearly losing money hand over fist, little support and getting thrashed every week then you feel a bit of sympathy for them. Sadly Droylsden made their bed years ago. I suspect it will be many many years after this season before our paths cross again in a league game.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 11:06:12 PM »

Halifax Harrogate on Thursday is key - Halifax 5  0 win would do me!

markecky

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 11:08:07 PM »

Normally you see a club like that, clearly losing money hand over fist, little support and getting thrashed every week then you feel a bit of sympathy for them. Sadly Droylsden made their bed years ago. I suspect it will be many many years after this season before our paths cross again in a league game.

I reckon we had 150 - 160 there and they had 90.

To be honest I only saw about 50 of them but there must have been more.

Hamilton

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 11:09:19 PM »

Radio reckoned between 100 and 150 from Alty

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »

Halifax Harrogate on Thursday is key - Halifax 5  0 win would do me!

Harrogate vs Chester on Saturday too. A return of 0 points from those 2 and 3 points for us at Bradford and we are well and truly back in it.

If we are still in it come the home game to Droylsden, lets get 3-0 up and bring off Watmore and Reeves so they don't get kick out of the play offs like what could had happened tonight.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

markecky

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2013, 11:13:55 PM »

As usual we were well spread. there was 20 Alty fans down the pop side and 20 in the stand.

Turnout was lower than a normal Tuesday though as some people chose to watch United on television but those that went gave decent support.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 12:17:39 AM »

What was it with their 15 singers behind the goal second half   ???............not a peep out of them for 88 minutes and then the old "w&nky w&anky Wythenshawe" chant at five down with a few miniutes to go
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 12:28:52 AM »

As Ecky says not a great display but would've taken 1-0 at the start to be honest. Got the impression that for spells in the 2nd half it was as much about not getting clattered as it was playing. Relieved that Duncan avoided being seriously hurt by some of those thugs who were allowed to get away with some dreadful challenges by as ineffectual referee as I have seen. Need to step it up for Saturday but job done tonight.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 12:36:45 AM »

As usual we were well spread. there was 20 Alty fans down the pop side and 20 in the stand.

Turnout was lower than a normal Tuesday though as some people chose to watch United on television but those that went gave decent support.

Name and shame them.

They also missed out on a free match programme courtesy of that nice Mr Pace.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 12:37:33 AM »

As Ecky says not a great display but would've taken 1-0 at the start to be honest. Got the impression that for spells in the 2nd half it was as much about not getting clattered as it was playing. Relieved that Duncan avoided being seriously hurt by some of those thugs who were allowed to get away with some dreadful challenges by as ineffectual referee as I have seen. Need to step it up for Saturday but job done tonight.
Perhaps if Logan had assaulted the referee like he assaulted Ben Mills, the useless git might have learned what a bad tackle is like.

And just how bad was the overweight Lewis Chalmers ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Droylsden v Alty