PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Gloucester
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Team for Gloucester  (Read 5607 times)

taxi Phil

Re: Team for Gloucester
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

minority of three. I said on here before saturday that i dont understand signing another centre forward when we obviously need someone in midfield.
to leave leather and/ or watmore out is incredulous .

ok four
Five - and the grammar Nazis would point out that you mean incredible.......

Hulme Robin

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »

Would have liked us to have signed a midfielder - somebody to compete with moult - Rogers needs to stay as a holding midfielder and needs telling not to shoot from any less than ten yards!  also don't understand the need to break up the Hall - Havern partnership. While I'm at it - Densmore needs to go to charm school as regards to talking to the ref - he isn't going to win any favours by having one mode of communication with match officials: apoplectic rage.

thegazelle

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 06:03:24 AM »

minority of three. I said on here before saturday that i dont understand signing another centre forward when we obviously need someone in midfield.
to leave leather and/ or watmore out is incredulous .

ok four
Five - and the grammar Nazis would point out that you mean incredible.......

incredible it is then , I live and learn !!!!

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »

I remember when GH started using a 3-4-3 and we took a lot of teams by surprise and got some good results. I think it's worth a try.

But GH probably worked on it for several weeks on the training ground. When the lads turn up on Tuesday they can't realistically be expected to switching from a back 4 to a back 3.

Why? Football is a simple game, three centre backs supplemented  by mobile wing backs is simple enough, leather plays on either side so should have no problem on the left side of three, same with hall on the right of the three....

Dens,clee,buzz have all played in that formation for us before

There is a reason no top European team play with 3 at the back, and it's the same reason why Villa (who do play 3 at the back) are going to get relegated.

Playing with Wing backs rather than genuine fullbacks leave you exposed to counter attacks down the flanks. Also if you play man marking against 2 strikers, it means who have one man spare who is effectively just acting as a sweeper/defensive cover not really marking anyone in particular, just covering a defensive zone and playing the opposition on side.

For me we need to play 4 at the back: with Doughty and Densmore playing either side of Leather and Havern.

I would also add that we play better when we have two players down a flank ie. Doughty and Clee / Densmore and Lawrie, who both like to double up when attacking and overlap. Over the past year and a half under sinnott, we have played out best football when we have attacked down the wings and that is partly due to the fact that Densmore and Doughty can overlap and put decent crosses in.

The reason no top European sides play with 3 at the back is because they are playing against clever technically good opposition in the main, as opposed to ale house outfits and the reason Aston villa are getting relegated is because they are sh*t.Managers talk, and I think sides have worked out if they play high up and have three in midfield they have the beating of us, if they get in our faces and cut us off from passing through the middle and nulify our attacking we are beatable, because we always conceed. I think 3-4-3 would solve this our wide players are mobile enough to cover ground on both ends of the field. Buzz, Dens and nicky all like to go forward and all can defend.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Gloucester