PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Gloucester
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Team for Gloucester  (Read 5605 times)

brian1925

Re: Team for Gloucester
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Doughty
Havern
Leather
Rodgers
Richman
Moult
Watmore
Clee
Reeves

Jenga

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »

Coburn
Densmore
Doughty
Havern
Leather
Rodgers
Richman
Moult
Watmore
Clee
Reeves

going 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1 is a seriously radical formation.

Jimmy

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 09:01:01 PM »

I remember when GH started using a 3-4-3 and we took a lot of teams by surprise and got some good results. I think it's worth a try.

But GH probably worked on it for several weeks on the training ground. When the lads turn up on Tuesday they can't realistically be expected to switching from a back 4 to a back 3.

Why? Football is a simple game, three centre backs supplemented  by mobile wing backs is simple enough, leather plays on either side so should have no problem on the left side of three, same with hall on the right of the three....

Dens,clee,buzz have all played in that formation for us before

There is a reason no top European team play with 3 at the back, and it's the same reason why Villa (who do play 3 at the back) are going to get relegated.

Playing with Wing backs rather than genuine fullbacks leave you exposed to counter attacks down the flanks. Also if you play man marking against 2 strikers, it means who have one man spare who is effectively just acting as a sweeper/defensive cover not really marking anyone in particular, just covering a defensive zone and playing the opposition on side.

For me we need to play 4 at the back: with Doughty and Densmore playing either side of Leather and Havern.

I would also add that we play better when we have two players down a flank ie. Doughty and Clee / Densmore and Lawrie, who both like to double up when attacking and overlap. Over the past year and a half under sinnott, we have played out best football when we have attacked down the wings and that is partly due to the fact that Densmore and Doughty can overlap and put decent crosses in.
Dan villa our wank because of there players not formation

Hulme Robin

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 09:06:23 PM »

Densmore. Haven Hall doughty

Rogers

Richman      Moult      Clee

Watmore

Reeves

4, 1, 3, 1, 1

Jimmy

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 09:33:17 PM »

Myself I wouldn't pick hall and moult they've been poor for a month or longer

JDN

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 09:38:11 PM »

steady Jimmy

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »

Not going to post my thoughts on a team / formation for the Glos match - Suffice to say is It wouldnt include Mills - I am probably in the Minority of 1 but I dont understand why we have signed a striker on loan for a month to get him fit so that he can go back to his club fitter than when he left so that he can enjoy the Open top fkn bus ride around Chester when they win the league when it is fkn obvious to most of us that its the defence / midfield positions where we need to get players for

Note for Sinnout  - PICK LEATHER he is one of our better defenders ffs

Rant Over

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 09:56:32 PM »

I wouldn't right of mills signing and we did need another forward as we only have 2 that you can trust

Jenga

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

I would drop Reeves, and Watmore didnt play well on Saturday either. I think we should play Brooke and Mitchley up front to see how they connect.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »

I wouldn't right of mills signing and we did need another forward as we only have 2 that you can trust

I wouldnt mind if we had signed him Jimmy but we only have him for a month and meanwhile everyone else gets shuffled about to accomodate him - I just felt that we have positions in midfield and defence that require looking at first.

JDN

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 12:37:09 AM »

I wouldnt mind if we had signed him Jimmy but we only have him for a month and meanwhile everyone else gets shuffled about to accomodate him - I just felt that we have positions in midfield and defence that require looking at first.
+1

Also Mills was poor

oh no should I have said that???

Robin Reliant

« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 02:29:08 PM »

Not going to post my thoughts on a team / formation for the Glos match - Suffice to say is It wouldnt include Mills - I am probably in the Minority of 1 but I dont understand why we have signed a striker on loan for a month to get him fit so that he can go back to his club fitter than when he left so that he can enjoy the Open top fkn bus ride around Chester when they win the league when it is fkn obvious to most of us that its the defence / midfield positions where we need to get players for [/u]

Note for Sinnout  - PICK LEATHER he is one of our better defenders ffs

Rant Over

Make that a minority of 2

Get back in yer box!

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27:30 PM »

Make that three...

One month loans are generally a waste of time anyway, unless they are getting you through an injury crisis.

thegazelle

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 04:29:04 PM »

minority of three. I said on here before saturday that i dont understand signing another centre forward when we obviously need someone in midfield.
to leave leather and/ or watmore out is incredulous .

thegazelle

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 04:29:55 PM »

minority of three. I said on here before saturday that i dont understand signing another centre forward when we obviously need someone in midfield.
to leave leather and/ or watmore out is incredulous .

ok four
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Team for Gloucester