PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Transfer Targets  (Read 17593 times)

Bath Alty

• Regular First Team
  • Technically now Lechlade Alty
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Targets
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2023, 12:42:23 AM »

It takes some doing to lose all 4 players of your front line when nobody wanted 3 of them 2 months ago

Indeed. Any Parky deserves great credit for spotting players no one else wanted and making them into quality players that league teams or teams above us in the league are chasing in such a short period. I assume that’s what you meant?

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2023, 08:09:30 AM »

Exactly. It must be so frustrating for PP to spot these little gems and then to lose them. And here lieth the problem. We have indeed lost all our entire forward line. We must rely on him to do it again and it's simply not sustainable.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2023, 08:31:03 AM »

Brighton are doing exactly the same in the Premier League and they're doing just fine - it's the only way clubs like them and us can firm up their presence in the division.

It wasn't long ago that we never lost a single player to a bigger club - I can remember a small handful over quite a large period - Craney, Chalmers etc - around that time there was barely anyone - it's certainly a better problem to have than nobody wanting your players at all.

If Parky's tenure was punctuated with periods of going backwards after losing players, then maybe half the comments of this thread would make sense.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2023, 09:03:30 AM »

Brighton are doing exactly the same in the Premier League and they're doing just fine - it's the only way clubs like them and us can firm up their presence in the division.

It wasn't long ago that we never lost a single player to a bigger club - I can remember a small handful over quite a large period - Craney, Chalmers etc - around that time there was barely anyone - it's certainly a better problem to have than nobody wanting your players at all.

If Parky's tenure was punctuated with periods of going backwards after losing players, then maybe half the comments of this thread would make sense.

But we have had periods like that, we lost of our opening 10 games.

We didn't win for 20 games last season, and required loan injections eveeyyear.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2023, 01:34:59 PM »

Zac Goodson going back to Boston for the rest of the season.
Surely some incomers have been lined up now?🤞
We're certainly looking a touch light up front!

PS. Check your ironymeter 😉
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2023, 01:57:50 PM »

I appreciate (that like us) they have very little choice, being a small fish in a big pond, but Brighton will eventually get relegated. On a positive note, it does look like PP has got multiple faces lined up and his judgement in the loan market has been top class.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2023, 02:36:55 PM »

I appreciate (that like us) they have very little choice, being a small fish in a big pond, but Brighton will eventually get relegated. On a positive note, it does look like PP has got multiple faces lined up and his judgement in the loan market has been top class.

What makes you think that PP has multi faces lined up (I hope you are correct as we are very light up front now)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2023, 02:42:07 PM »

What makes you think that PP has multi faces lined up (I hope you are correct as we are very light up front now)

Like most on here... Trust and Hope!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2023, 02:44:03 PM »

I notice Goodson has gone to Boston until the end of the season so maybe/ hopefully PP has actually got a striker
Lined up.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2023, 02:50:40 PM »

I thought Goodson may have been the  replacement for ccc or on the right obviously not just yet

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2023, 03:00:07 PM »

Newby and Jennings have left without replacements (on loan or otherwise) and now Goodson has been loaned out for the season. Also, CCC is about to leave too. Gyasi has replaced Coco so unless PP is relying on Dinanga, Hulme and Kaja for goals (unlikely), there look to be a few imminent arrivals - at least 2 you'd think.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2023, 05:41:24 PM »

Jennings: recalled by Stockport and now rumoured to be heading for Halifax;

Goodson: allowed to rejoin Boston United on loan for the remainder of the season;

Conn-Clarke: it's seemingly widely accepted that he will be back with Fleetwood Town at the end of this month.

So, that's potentially three individuals who won't be available for our forthcoming FA Trophy tie at Bracknell Town, leaving our squad for that competition looking somewhat threadbare.

Meanwhile, we've taken a defensive midfielder on loan from United (when we manifestly have more urgent vacancies to fill elsewhere on the pitch) and have signed a player on loan from Chesterfield who is cup-tied for the Bracknell fixture.

All this against an unsettling backdrop of reports that Grimsby Town have submitted a bid for Mullarkey.

I sincerely hope that some grand masterplan is afoot here and we willl be duly enlightened about it in the near future.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 05:43:41 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2023, 05:48:36 PM »

There will be a Masterplan I have no doubt.

We wont't be duly enlightened though
Full time and proud of it

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2023, 08:40:53 PM »

Jennings: recalled by Stockport and now rumoured to be heading for Halifax;

Goodson: allowed to rejoin Boston United on loan for the remainder of the season;

Conn-Clarke: it's seemingly widely accepted that he will be back with Fleetwood Town at the end of this month.

So, that's potentially three individuals who won't be available for our forthcoming FA Trophy tie at Bracknell Town, leaving our squad for that competition looking somewhat threadbare.

Meanwhile, we've taken a defensive midfielder on loan from United (when we manifestly have more urgent vacancies to fill elsewhere on the pitch) and have signed a player on loan from Chesterfield who is cup-tied for the Bracknell fixture.

All this against an unsettling backdrop of reports that Grimsby Town have submitted a bid for Mullarkey.

I sincerely hope that some grand masterplan is afoot here and we willl be duly enlightened about it in the near future.

Perfect summary of the situation Cult.

Nothing to add to it until the new signings start arriving.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2023, 10:17:08 PM »

There will be a Masterplan I have no doubt.

We wont't be duly enlightened though

One of Baldrick's cunning plans would make more sense to me right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer Targets