PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer news..
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Transfer news..  (Read 9367 times)

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer news..
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 08:10:37 PM »

Defo weaker team than last year.

Morgan is not highly rated at Chester which is a worry when he is coming from a league below.

We do have Andy White coming back? Not sure he is good enough defensively at this level.

We really need a quality CM, LB and number 9 in this transfer window as a matter of urgency.

I'm not sure I'd say Morgan isn't rated at Chester - has had to fight for his place and he's stronger going forward than he is defensively (just like Joel) - but most appear to be disappointed to see him go.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 11:16:33 PM »

We don't seem to get many players back off loan do we?

Cynical - but rather accurate.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2022, 10:48:06 AM »

Will we be hearing about the long awaited striker signing today? What do you all think?
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2022, 11:28:38 AM »

Will we be hearing about the long awaited striker signing today? What do you all think?

I read there was to be an update on the radio show Brian was on this morning. Not sure if anyone was or is listening.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »

I read there was to be an update on the radio show Brian was on this morning. Not sure if anyone was or is listening.

More departures to FL clubs expected.

Well it won't be strikers as they're on loan, Hampson and Digie hasn't played enough, Hannigan Moult too old, White loaned, Gould Loan, Sutton loan/old,

Leaves Mallarky, Thompson, Colclough, Kosylo or Mooney.

Mallarky - Young and Mouldable
Thompson - Prime age but Works FT
Mooney - making waves in TOTW but injury prone
Colclough - Obvious choice
Kosylo - Surprised if he moved

I'd expect Mallarky Thompson and Colclough to be on radars for moves

It's all my fault.

andrewflynn

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2022, 01:01:36 PM »

I didn't manage to listen but was it clarified that more departures are to be expected in this window, or just in general? I think that's quite important as we all expect to lose players in the future, but another 2/3 out the door this month would be cause for concern.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »

If that's been said on the radio rather than just speculation, it's looking grim for keeping Colclough. As has been said, not unexpected but would be a massive loss. 😕

This is a very tense time for Alty fans and I hope we can get some news / reassurance soon.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:06:50 PM by Saughall Robin »
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

The red red robbins

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2022, 01:16:38 PM »

I didn't manage to listen but was it clarified that more departures are to be expected in this window, or just in general? I think that's quite important as we all expect to lose players in the future, but another 2/3 out the door this month would be cause for concern.

I wouldn’t say clarified but it certainly came across like we should be expecting to loose another key player , also sounded like hulme is coming in as I felt Brian was very careful in how he was answering questions about him  and the words not signed YET were used a lot

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2022, 01:41:44 PM »

Will certainly be Colclough who leaves.

Well, this is the time when our full time management team can really earn their money. Hopefully we have a nice list of targets drawn up.

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 02:03:29 PM »

Well, this is the time when our full time management team can really earn their money. Hopefully we have a nice list of targets drawn up.

I think they earned their money when Colclough arrived in the first place and then signed a contract extension in the summer tbh. More generally, imho the management are carrying out their job description, i.e. working in tandem with Rob Esteva to identify prospects they both feel we can improve and move on at a profit. That's the plan and how we'll be able to stay in this division in the medium term - it's a considerable step forward from where we've been for a long while.

Obviously, we need to start winning and a goalscoring targetman is a priority, so here's hoping negotiations are fruitful.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 03:18:28 PM »

A very sensible and realistic post imho

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 03:26:35 PM »

I listened to the interview, Parky advised he was trying to get player or players in, hopefully something this week, but no done deal as of yet.

Also, more players to leave in summer if not Jan he eluded too. That could mean many things of course.

Thought Brian was very good on pastries in the morning.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 06:45:59 PM »

I think they earned their money when Colclough arrived in the first place and then signed a contract extension in the summer tbh. More generally, imho the management are carrying out their job description, i.e. working in tandem with Rob Esteva to identify prospects they both feel we can improve and move on at a profit. That's the plan and how we'll be able to stay in this division in the medium term - it's a considerable step forward from where we've been for a long while.

Obviously, we need to start winning and a goalscoring targetman is a priority, so here's hoping negotiations are fruitful.

Agreed, I'll always view moving players on for fees as a success - however losing our two best players by a mile will be one hell of a shock to the system.

Perhaps they're banking on three teams remaining weaker than us this season, before re-grouping with the proceeds and using them wisely. I wouldn't even mind plugging gaps with decent loanees if it means we can go to market in the summer with a healthy wage budget, securing better targets than we're used to.

It's all a bit of a gamble at this stage, so let's see where the next few days take us.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Transfer news..