News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Worst miss ever at moss lane????

Author Topic: Worst miss ever at moss lane????  (Read 3195 times)

Jacko

« on: October 14, 2008, 03:43:58 PM »

what is the missed worst sitter you've seen? some ive put down hear would make senior proud!!!!! 

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hFdICYKCnck&feature=related

and this is the worst ever miss hands down no doubt :o how???????

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bmyUzOPyK8E&feature=related

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Worst miss ever at moss lane????
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:22:27 PM »

What about that sitter Oxford had before sticking into the back of the flats?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

Alty TV

• Regular First Team
  • Alty TV
    • View Profile
    • Alty TV
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »

Not at Moss Lane, but Danny McGoona's miss at Staylbridge a few years back defied the laws of physics when he put the ball over the cross-bar from about 1 inch away from the goal line.

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »

mr magoo at Stalybridge.  That was I thnik the moment that i knew 100% we were heading down.  I had to stoip the car on the way hoe and kick the pants out of a road sign somewhere in the pennines on the way back to leeds where I lived at the time...

a truly dreadful miss.

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 07:34:02 AM »

That was the most annoying match ever. They scored shortly after, a run down the right wing where their player seemingly ran so far off the pitch with the ball he was down the tunnel, continued and they scored.

joe

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 08:31:28 AM »

Darren Emmett at Merthyr was as just as bad

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »

The Aldershot player seemingly purposefully ballooning over the chequers end...trying to hit the flats windows before they were built.

In the same match Colin Little so surprised to find trhe ball at his feet 2 yards from goal kicking meekly at the keeper.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 10:47:33 AM »

Robbie Lawtons sweet rightfooted strike into the top corner of an open net attempted diving header at home to ebbsfleet last season. Absolutely shocking.

RocketDan

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »

Steven Gerrards tonight was pretty shocking.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »

He shouldn't have hit it with the outside of his boot, a sidefoot from there would have gone in easy. As for the worst ever miss, I would like to nominate the entire Stevenage Borough team on the day we beat them 1-0 at Broadhall Way two seasons ago in March. The most inept display of finishing I have ever seen. This is going back a bit but the season can never be mentioned enough on here, who recalls the 0-0 draw with 'the Fish' in April 1991, that was the season when they finished bottom and everyone put about 5 goals past them minimum, yet we drew with them twice. Those 4 points were very costly in the final run in. They didn't get out of their own half for the entire game and we still couldn't score, bastards.

thegazelle

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 01:38:55 PM »

or did we deliberately try not to score???????????????

we'll never know its like the moon landing and who shot jfk

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:57:02 PM »

He shouldn't have hit it with the outside of his boot, a sidefoot from there would have gone in easy. As for the worst ever miss, I would like to nominate the entire Stevenage Borough team on the day we beat them 1-0 at Broadhall Way two seasons ago in March. The most inept display of finishing I have ever seen. This is going back a bit but the season can never be mentioned enough on here, who recalls the 0-0 draw with 'the Fish' in April 1991, that was the season when they finished bottom and everyone put about 5 goals past them minimum, yet we drew with them twice. Those 4 points were very costly in the final run in. They didn't get out of their own half for the entire game and we still couldn't score, bastards.

We had 21 corners & still couldn't score :-\

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 04:59:18 PM »

Flynny,

Didn't we also have a ridiculous amount of corners when we lost 7-2 at Maidstone United early in the 1988/89 season?
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »

Flynny,

Didn't we also have a ridiculous amount of corners when we lost 7-2 at Maidstone United early in the 1988/89 season?

Probably!

We certainly played quite well going forward but conceded every time they did!

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team