PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 put your feet up Col and Chrissy
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: put your feet up Col and Chrissy  (Read 6582 times)

James Black

« on: October 13, 2008, 11:50:47 PM »

i'd be very surprised if chris and colin played any part in tonights match. To me this is just a pointless tournament which we just need to turn up to and see what happens with resoures limited not many other changes we can do.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: put your feet up Col and Chrissy
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:35:41 AM »

i'd be very surprised if chris and colin played any part in tonights match. To me this is just a pointless tournament which we just need to turn up to and see what happens with resoures limited not many other changes we can do.

Sorry, but as per usual the drivel content in your posting is alarmingly high.

What's the prize money for beating Farsley Celtic at Moss Lane?
£3,000?
£2,500?

Can we really afford to ignore an opportunity to earn either of those sums?
Might help subsidise the odd away coach in future if nothing else!

Yes, it's hardly a glamorous competition and league form is palpably more important.....but I'm pretty certain that Mister Goodwin et al would welcome a cheque from Setanta in the near future. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

joe

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:57:46 AM »

I believe the prize money for tonights game is £3,000. Far from a pointless game in my opinion and one we should definatly be looking at winning!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:11:05 AM »

"Right lads..all in..sit down..sit down..right..tonight..."

"yes gaffer..."

"think we'll just turn up and see what happens"

"sounds good to us gaffer..right lads..lets get out there"

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

Given that some of the clubs in the competition have a similar attitude to our very own spelling mistake, could this not be an opportunity for a bit of a cup run?

The money is fantastic, and if the club can put it towards coaches even better! Also, realistically we're not going to make the play-offs and our league form could falter any minute. A good cup (shield) run not only generates a bit of cash but also gives the fans a bit of extra excitement.

We're in danger of becoming a boring mid-table side this season  ;) we have a bit of leg-room in the league table, we should be gunning for this one!

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 08:34:54 AM »

Sorry, but as per usual the drivel content in your posting is alarmingly high.

Outstanding!  ;D

Alex

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 08:42:56 AM »

here's a radical idea, lets put out our stongest XI tonight and try and win this match and hopefully get as far as we can. If the extra cash isn't an incentive how about the fact that we haven't won a trophy for 3 years and winning even a little one would be a boost (because let's face it the FA Trophy &  FA Cup arn't ralistic targets) and while were at it lets go for the cheshire senior cup too, imagine to be able to look back on this season as the one where we avoided relegation and did a cup double.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 08:58:59 AM »

here's a radical idea, lets put out our stongest XI tonight and try and win this match and hopefully get as far as we can. If the extra cash isn't an incentive how about the fact that we haven't won a trophy for 3 years and winning even a little one would be a boost (because let's face it the FA Trophy &  FA Cup arn't ralistic targets) and while were at it lets go for the cheshire senior cup too, imagine to be able to look back on this season as the one where we avoided relegation and did a cup double.

I can't see why the FA Trophy isn't a realistic target

Alex

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 09:07:21 AM »

because unlike the sultana shield the bigger clubs do take that one seriously (and yes i know we have just beaten oxford) but teams like cambridge, torquay, wrexham, etc will all want there day out at wembley and will throw everything they can at getting there

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 09:22:57 AM »

because unlike the sultana shield the bigger clubs do take that one seriously (and yes i know we have just beaten oxford) but teams like cambridge, torquay, wrexham, etc will all want there day out at wembley and will throw everything they can at getting there

I think we can beat any of them on our days so wouldnt rule out the trophy

Alex

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 09:31:01 AM »

reading my post back i didn't put it down right, what i ment was if we didn't win the trophy it wouldn't be the end of the world. where as i think we realistically should target these smaller cups as ones to be won (who are we to turn our noses up at silverwear)

fuertes

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 10:27:29 AM »

£2,000 for winning tonight, £2,500 for the next round and so it continues to go up. We've got to try winning the thing, but it's still a lesser priority than the other three comps and so to rest the odd player would seem sensible to me. Perhaps Colin and Lee on the bench, bring them on as impact players if necessary. Playing the likes of Street and Johnson shouldn't hurt our chances of winning this game in my opinion.

Longman

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 10:40:25 AM »

£2,000 for winning tonight, £2,500 for the next round and so it continues to go up. We've got to try winning the thing, but it's still a lesser priority than the other three comps and so to rest the odd player would seem sensible to me. Perhaps Colin and Lee on the bench, bring them on as impact players if necessary. Playing the likes of Street and Johnson shouldn't hurt our chances of winning this game in my opinion.

I agree with this, I think we should rest a few key players and play the likes of Street and Johnson for fitness etc.

Daycare Dan

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 11:12:52 AM »

I agree with this, I think we should rest a few key players and play the likes of Street and Johnson for fitness etc.

Is there not a daft rule in this tin pot cup that we have to play 9 of the starting 11 from our last league game. Don't give us much room to change things about really?

Longman

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »

Is there not a daft rule in this tin pot cup that we have to play 9 of the starting 11 from our last league game. Don't give us much room to change things about really?

If that's the case then Johnson for Little and Street for Danylyk for me, it would be a major blow for our league campaign for one of them to get injured.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team