Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gutted but trying to find the positives...

Author Topic: Gutted but trying to find the positives...  (Read 1574 times)

markecky

« on: October 13, 2007, 08:39:04 PM »

Just back, I wanted a point today and I got it I suppose.

They were nothing special at all and we deserved to be three up.  They couldn't get any rythym going and we were first to a lot of balls.

Shotton was class as ever

James Dean was the best Alty goal I have seen for years.

Senior was a constant menace.

Its only at Alty that the away terrace (our support is s**t apparently, only 100 for a 1 o'clock KO lads, show some brains) is nervous at 3 up when Accie has not made a save

Then they got one from a corner, then another from a corner and then another from a corner.

And then if felt like we had lost 5-0.

It won't tomorrow but it does now.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 08:42:12 PM by markecky »

Bath Alty

Re: Gutted but trying to find the positives...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 10:32:36 PM »

First chance to see Shotton for me today and he does indeed look class, sadly not one of those loan signings likely to turn permanent!

We started to panic at the back after the first goal went in until that goal we were looking fairly solid, they couldn't get the ball in the box and seemed lacking in ideas.  After that the goals looked quite likely.  I don't think the ref helped our cause second half as his random whistle blowing was giving them the chance to get is back in our box every time it came out and added to the pressure our defence was under.  The lunge on Senior from behind that led to their equaliser was another poor decision.  I was watching with a Bath City supporting friend who was equally bemused with the decisions although he claimed to be used to it in the Southern league last year.

It was a shame they pushed Oliver up front - apart from the fact he scored - the sight of senior running at a bloke who stood literally head and shoulders above him was brilliant, he had no idea how to deal with him.  How Senior won a header against him I've no idea, as usual Chris was chasing everything.

Dean also looked usful apart from a really stunning goal from nothing at all, he was winning headers from our inevitable long punts up field and with Senior willing to run around chasing the knock downs that partnership could really work.

A very entertaining game and I'd have taken a point before hand so have to be pleased really.  After all if the goal they scored after 50 seconds had stood we might have had an even more miserable trip home.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

Markecky..... I have often been accused of negative thinking, so how about this for positives

1. Three goals scored away from home
2. A point gained where most people expected defeat
3. A quality striker scoring on his debut
4. Confidence restored
5. Grays, Halifax and Woking possibly joining the relegation fight

altyf

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:33:17 AM »

There were many theories people could use about yesterday, such as the ref not letting us bring Munroe on and that would have tightened things up, but at the end of the day, we got a good away point, the team seems to be gelling really well and we look thrice as good away from home as last season. I was speechless after letting a 3-0 lead slip but these things happen in football, and like someone said, if their goal in the first minute had stood the whole match could have been different.

HEADS UP LADS.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team