PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darren Tinson Signs
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Darren Tinson Signs  (Read 8601 times)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Darren Tinson Signs
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2007, 11:02:23 AM »

I Can't believe this signing! on one hand i hate it, it means ive got to like him and on the other hand i'm in awe of the fact we have managed such a coup! neve seen the guy have a bad game, i know that is only limited to games against us but if he plays as well for us as he does against us were on to a winner, next i'll be hearing clare will be joining us!

Daycare Dan

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2007, 11:05:30 AM »

Quality signing, just the sort of player we need.

next i'll be hearing clare will be joining us!

Don't tell Swaying that, I think he'd still try to kill him, even f he was in red n white!

louise1925

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2007, 11:35:40 AM »

Absolutely brilliant signing. With all the silly money being thrown about, it's amazing he's agreed to join us. I can't see us conceding very many goals next season, so got to be in with a chance now.

radcliffe alty

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »

Probably another Dalton Steele coup by the looks of it - and its up there with the signing of Colin Little in my book. If he can have half the impact on the club Colin has he'll be an alty legend in no time. And he should eat up BSN strikers for breakfast. Rose and Munroe should learn a hell of a lot from him too.

All looking very good. Let's nick a 25 goal a season Unibond player from somewhere and we'll be laughing more than we are now. But given Graham and Dalton's obvious powers of persuasion we could end up with Lee Trundle or someone!

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2007, 01:55:15 PM »

I can't see us conceding very many goals next season, so got to be in with a chance now.

So, why can't you see us conceding many goals next season?

For a start, we haven't got a decent right full back or a left full back!

Tinson may be an experienced and capable central defender...but he can't cover both wings as well.... 

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 02:08:20 PM »

I can't see us conceding very many goals next season, so got to be in with a chance now.

So, why can't you see us conceding many goals next season?

For a start, we haven't got a decent right full back or a left full back!

Tinson may be an experienced and capable central defender...but he can't cover both wings as well.... 

we do need a couple of full backs but would probably get away at right back with g scott and aspinall in bsn but not national

radcliffe alty

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

Warren Peyton was a very capable left back in the National, and will be an excellent left back in the Northern. OK, he may not class himself as one but I do if he plays there and we know we don't have to worry if he is in that position.

Altysmiffy

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »

Tinson's a crackin signing. I worked with his sister for a short while in Chester.

louise1925

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 09:38:20 AM »

Agree that Warren Peyton did a brilliant job for us at left back last season and will doubtless sacrifice himself to that position again this season - a real pro. Also agree that Azza can do a decent job at Conf North level, so not sure about some of the doom mongering. Injuries aside, I genuinely can't see us conceding too many goals, though scoring them may be a little more difficult without any genuine pace down the flanks. Has anybody heard what Chris Senior is doing yet?

Jenga

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2007, 12:12:18 PM »

wicked.

Silkyman23

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »

So, Colin Little, Karl Munroe, Darren Tinson......

Any more of our old boys you fancy?

We've released a few this summer. Colin Heath is about Conference North standard. I don't think Elfyn Edwards is playing for anyone. Perhaps Mark Lillis fancies another try at playing!!

Seriously though, Tinno was probably worth another season when we released him, and even though that was a few years ago now, he can still read the game very well. Good luck to him.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2007, 04:50:26 PM »

A quality signing no dout about it, but which two from three will start ?

I thought the Munro/Rose partnership was one the positive's from last season and woud like to see it continue but I can't see Tinson being brought it just as cover.

Thoughts.
Full time and proud of it

bighairedmike

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »

Maybe GH is looking at bringing Rose in at right back, with Tinson and Munroe in the middle. this would then free up Gary Scott on the left allowing Peyton to move up to midfield as we dont know about the Lewis situation. Only thing there is Rose playing out of position at right back. Thats the only thing i can see. Or just dropping Munroe or Rose to play with Tinson.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2007, 05:22:59 PM »

Maybe GH is looking at bringing Rose in at right back, with Tinson and Munroe in the middle. this would then free up Gary Scott on the left allowing Peyton to move up to midfield as we dont know about the Lewis situation. Only thing there is Rose playing out of position at right back. Thats the only thing i can see. Or just dropping Munroe or Rose to play with Tinson.

in my opinion rose is a centre back only -azza or g scott good enough at bsn but if someone better comes along im sure gh will go for them same with left back

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2007, 05:53:05 PM »

As Aspinall has pledged himself for another season I assume he's the first choice right back, only player to oust him would be G. Scott. Rose is a centre back who filled in at RB when we were desperate.

Really don't want the Munro/Rose partnership broke up no matter how good Tinson is.
Full time and proud of it
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Darren Tinson Signs